help E-manage A32 VQ20

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
wanted to try this on next service. soak the piston head.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Do they have it in Malaysia? I thought only the USA have it?

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
I used to have a FCON S fitted to my A32 VQ30 as I was only testing the unit. It was a pain to get the wiring right for fuel and ignition. Was able to get 6whp gain at the top end with a fully standard car.

What made alot of difference was if you use the FCON S with a pressure sensor and you tune the car using the pressure sensor. The end result was a much more responsive and lifely engine. Never liked the hot wire system as an air flow sensor. The pressure sensor is so much more responsive and better for small changes in air flow. You must have good resolution on your ECU as well and the HKS Fcon S resolution is quite good. I think more than emanage.

I tuned it with the FCON S and pressure sensor and the engine feels great. Don't understand why the OEMs all don't throw away all the air flow system and use pressure. Also less restiction on the intake as well when you want to make big power. That's something that Honda has always gotten right.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I used to have a FCON S fitted to my A32 VQ30 as I was only testing the unit. It was a pain to get the wiring right for fuel and ignition. Was able to get 6whp gain at the top end with a fully standard car.

What made alot of difference was if you use the FCON S with a pressure sensor and you tune the car using the pressure sensor. The end result was a much more responsive and lifely engine. Never liked the hot wire system as an air flow sensor. The pressure sensor is so much more responsive and better for small changes in air flow. You must have good resolution on your ECU as well and the HKS Fcon S resolution is quite good. I think more than emanage.

I tuned it with the FCON S and pressure sensor and the engine feels great. Don't understand why the OEMs all don't throw away all the air flow system and use pressure. Also less restiction on the intake as well when you want to make big power. That's something that Honda has always gotten right.
But honda is also moving towards MAF on their new models. Thoughts?:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

singapore had , i think jb also have.
How much per can bro? Can get 1 can for me if you come to KL?

Thanx:biggrin:

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hah Honda going to MAF? Why lah. I haven't check out the latest cars yet. Will check them out and see. These people going backwards. The only reason I can think is that the designer and manufacturer of the new ECUs design them with MAF so Honda have no choice. To them 99.9% of the people also wont know the diff between Pressure Sensor and MAF.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hah Honda going to MAF? Why lah. I haven't check out the latest cars yet. Will check them out and see. These people going backwards. The only reason I can think is that the designer and manufacturer of the new ECUs design them with MAF so Honda have no choice. To them 99.9% of the people also wont know the diff between Pressure Sensor and MAF.
Its not the latest, latest. Just pop open any city vtec or fd2s you can find the maf.

I guess the 0.01% of the ppl like you and me knows the difference yah, hahaha ...

Btw , how in the world did you manage to delete the Maf in our fatty? If possible , I also dont want the maf to read our air/fuel mixture lah, its just toooo sensitive...

Can ajar-ajar abit ah..

Thx.:wavey:

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Its not the latest, latest. Just pop open any city vtec or fd2s you can find the maf.

I guess the 0.01% of the ppl like you and me knows the difference yah, hahaha ...

Btw , how in the world did you manage to delete the Maf in our fatty? If possible , I also dont want the maf to read our air/fuel mixture lah, its just toooo sensitive...

Can ajar-ajar abit ah..

Thx.:wavey:
With the HKS Fcon S in the VQ30DE I didn't remover the MAF. F CON S has the ability to read the OE MAF or you can select an option mode to run additional pressure sensor which has to be manually installed in the car. So I added an additional pressure sensor to the F CON S and created a fuel and ignition map based on the pressure sensor and not the OE MAF.

If you want to eliminate the OE MAF from the intake (use a straight pipe) you would need to use F CON V Pro which is a stand alone ECU. But you will get engine check light on where you will then need to write a "fake" MAF map in the V Pro and V Pro will then output the fake map into the stock ECU to make the OE ECU think that the MAF is still there, to remove the engine check light. So then you will need an additional pressure sensor for the V pro to run pressure map for fuel and ignition to control the engine just like the F CON S.

Last edited:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Did you add the pressure sensor to your intake manifold? When you mentioned you addded pressure sensor to run the the fuel and ignition mapping , what happento the sensor signals coming from the Maf? How did you overwirte these signals? Or will the F cons S ground the signal elsewhere?

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Yes additional pressure sensor has to be added to intake manifold. With the F con S you have to keep the original MAF so that the stock ECU keeps on running as normal. The FconS will use the original ignition from ECU to give RPM signal to FconS then the FconS will use the pressure sensor to run. So you will get a RPM vs. Pressure map.

If you want to remover the orginal MAF then you need to use F con V pro.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.
attached in sketch drawing of own version

please help give idea...filter goin to use...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience