Heavy Steering Wheel on A33

Sep 2, 2007
Hi.

I am a new owner of a 2002 Nissan Cefiro (A33). Was reading this blog since I bought the car. But I noticed there is not much mentioned of the A33 model. Maybe is not so popular. But I was wondering if anyone can help me or solved my problem.

Everything about the car is great. Except that the steeting wheel is damm heavy, esp in parking mode. Like lorry .. withthout power steering!! Went to the mechanic. He says nothing can be done. THis model is like that!! Is it true?? Any comments??

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
Yes, I also wonder why it is worse than A32. I have difficulty to lock my steering after engine is off.

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
my A32 is actually way heavier than my Sentra N16, though yet to try A33, so can't comment, but I believe it should be lighter than A32 as it's "newer" in nature

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
If the powers steering is working , then it maybe the steering rack problem like not giving sufficient hydraulic pressure to assist the steering. I found this out when i went for the steering rack change. B4 changing the the rack my ps was very light to the extreme! In fact it was too light to do high speed cornering . After changing the rack from the chop shop, my steering becomes heavier than normal but i am happy during high speed conering . Found out that the rack was leaking fluid. Had it replaced again since it was still under warranty. The steering feel light again.

You should check out your steering rack, bro.

SB3

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Mitsubishi Evolution X is a great looking machine but one would be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and a well kitted Mitsubishi Lancer, bar a few tell tale differences.

While browsing around for something interesting on Ebay, I stumbled across this yummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience