headlamp wiring (relay)

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
I have those wiring + relay for my car. Those normal yellow bulb I put, 2 days melted, both at the same time. Darn funny. That time I change cause cannot find white bulb. Wattage the same 90/110

Now using back white color one, hehe. Maybe 1 day I come show you all how to DIY it, very easy. Need the cable, and 2 relays. Thats all. Fuse too.

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
Yup, the bulb melted.

Now I using my regular white bulb, 3 months already.

TODA6866

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by g88+Oct 6 2004, 19:26 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (g88 @ Oct 6 2004, 19:26 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TODA6866@Oct 6 2004, 19:17
my normal bulbs r very dim......very old car i drive

can relays help my bulbs gain more brightness? or dat i can change 2 a higher wattage bulb coz of the relay??

an accessories shop quoted me 100bucks to do the upgrade........ but im very stingy, any sifu can explain the safe DIY steps to do it pls??

:lol:
what ever old car you driving now ? Using stock bulb ? Headlight reflector all clear and still OK ?

If everything OK then try add wiring and relay first...if can't then change to 90/100w bulb [/b][/quote]
mind sharing how/where to add the wirings + relays? im a wiring idiot.......all i know is the wirings looks like indo mee goreng onli

btw, its 100% safe rite? i mean no melting of watever cover or draining my battery power rite?

-ArChAng3L-

2,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Visit site
look at the bulbs i got from eneos
normal yellow bulbs but at 100/90w rating :lol:
cheap cheap..around RM5.90 i think
used for a while..one bulb became like that

-ArChAng3L-

2,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Visit site
maybe cause i used it with the HID look-a-like covers
hahah..but i used it at max 2 days only ;)

btw, ksgoh..why you like spamming the DIY forum?

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
starwing : can teach me the connection of the wiring ???? wanna check mine myself .

the shop said wheels is the best relay iziit ?

g88 : what u mean fius ?? izzit this wiring involve fuis ? :blink:

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
oppsss type wrong for previous post about fius .My relay state 30/40A . For battery i now change to N40 maintenace free .All seem to be okay but my meter light seem still a bit dim but not as dim as before. So izzit the wiring problem ???

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
Archie: Thats what happened to mine, but 2 at the same time. Used 2 days. 40+ each bulb too. I show back to the workshop, they deduct from my account. BTW, the bulb rating is the same from my white light bulb. But I don't understand why can burn in 2 days.

Flamming, can. I will take some pictures of my wiring. I keep on forgetting to take. Will try to find time to take today and post.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
wow.. 1st time i hear of bulb melting... i think de glass is not good quality.... or mayb very thin.. glass wun melt so easily...

or mayb de gas inside de bulb bocor liao... so made it damn hot until de glass melt...

flamming,
de dimming is due to de batt not supplying enough current to de bulb... mayb batt old liao.. not so efficient.. de new batt more efficient.. supply more current.. so less dimm lor..

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
i think the bulb QC is ultra low and bad !! That's why i also dun go for "special" price stuff

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by starwing@Oct 7 2004, 13:13
Archie: Thats what happened to mine, but 2 at the same time. Used 2 days. 40+ each bulb too. I show back to the workshop, they deduct from my account. BTW, the bulb rating is the same from my white light bulb. But I don't understand why can burn in 2 days.

Flamming, can. I will take some pictures of my wiring. I keep on forgetting to take. Will try to find time to take today and post.
"I show back to the workshop, they deduct from my account"
u bought online??

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
ksgoh,

no .. i got a regular workshop .. have an account there and i take my car there to service etc and the end of the month they will bill me.

So since the bulb dun last me for more than a week, they deducted lor from the debit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone tell me where can i install lancer meter?? now i'm using wira meter...
or maybe can give me the wiring detail to D.I.Y
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience