Headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Hey guys, just wanna get some advice on headers/extractors from you guys.

I'm looking at getting headers for the DC5... but i'm torn between budget (circa RM1500 - RM2000) and choice...

What I really want out of the headers is mid end torque, where the DC5 is definitely lacking. I've header theories that to gain more mid end... you want the "2" portion of the header to be longer in length.

I've done reading up on ClubRSX.com and also searches all over the Aussie forums too, and most of them recommend TODA headers for street/bolt on use.

But i've also come across the guys in the states talking about SSR Headers making the most power.

I'm interested to know what the Malaysian guys think about these brands.

Spoke to the guys at Jaafar as well....and they mentioned they have a cheaper alternative - SuperCircuit, which from me searching all over the internet... looks like a Malaysian brand (like Hotbits). Anyone have more info on this? RM1,600 for a raceheader is pretty cheap... but is it also "cheaply" built.

My gut tells me to go with TODA... but its hard to find one for RM1,500... which is my budget.

Any advice?

*Slurp* TODA Headers

SuperCircuit - Malaysian Made?
Anyone Tried?

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Check-out the manufacturer for Supercircuit Header for more info.

http://www.h-performance.com.my/Products_Supercircuit.htm

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I'm thinking of getting it before last weekend's time attack event but due to budget constraint had to postpone it. Maybe I'll get it in the near future...

Hytec damper has higher gain...one of our members using it. But the price is slightly beyond your budget that you mentioned.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
damn i would love to get those kiddracing headers. but probably well over my budget. :)

and besides... i've just changed to fujitsubo RM01A catback...2.36" piping...no point having a 2.5" collector if piping size is smaller. :biggrin:

WAFS: I've seen that website... so they ARE Malaysian then since the contact information is the KL and Melaka. Would love to see what they actually make on the dyno. Let me know once you get them and whether they are worth the RM1,600... Wonder who they copy their design off... Definitely not TODA because i've done a visual comparison.

Hytec's and SSRs are wayyy over my budget.
Been reading up on the gains and they run circles around the TODA headers.

However, its always nice to have a JDM "branded" extractor.
Does anyone know what size the TODA Collector is?

EDIT: Ok nvm...found the info on the TODA website... Their raceheaders are sized:

Ø45mm → Ø50mm → Ø55mm → テーパー → Ø60mm

SuperCircuit:

So if you compare the SuperCircuit with the TODA... The TODA has a longer "2" portion while the SuperCircuit has longer Primaries "4" and also collector "1" portion.

Can someone roughly explain what the difference in length for each portion will do?

Last edited:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Supercircuit and Kidd Racing look almost similar...

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Supercircuit and Kidd Racing look almost similar...
Urm... I was taking a long hard look...and the Kidd Racing secondary "2" portion is stacked up & down on top of each other.

Supercircuit is stacked left and right side by side each other.

Not sure how much difference this makes... However, based on some readings:

Shorter, large diameter collectors have more peak power.
Longer , smaller diameter collectors have more power in the midrange.

So technically, the Supercircuit headers should make more midrange power than the Toda headers due to the collector "1" portion being longer...

WAFS: Go get the supercircuit and let us know! :biggrin::biggrin:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
So my car is the guinea pig la :banghead:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
someones gotta do it. :biggrin:

where do you plan to get it from? Jaafar quoted me RM1,800 for it... pretty sure the price includes install..

but i found it on Mudah.my for RM1,600...

i need more power!
Hahaha...maybe I'll buy from H-performance directly lah...then install + do back my piping somewhere else

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Hahaha...maybe I'll buy from H-performance directly lah...then install + do back my piping somewhere else
have you changed your exhaust yet? i wonder what size the collector is...but seeing that everyone other brand has 2.5" collectors... i'm assuming theirs is the same too.

let me know how it goes...

note to self: i need Kpro.

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Using 2.5" piping with hks muffler...no midbox

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

And de-cat my stock exhaust at JFA

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Using 2.5" piping with hks muffler...no midbox

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

And de-cat my stock exhaust at JFA
stock extractor you mean. :)

i've got a de-cat done as well and running 2.36" RM01A catback.
but *sniff*... i'm kindda looking at getting a 2.5" no midbox setup.. but i'm sure its loud as HELL!

well when do you plan to get the supercircuit?

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Yup stock extractor de-cat

If u take out mid box the sound depends on your muffler...fujitsubo not loudlah even without midbox.

When i m getting it...anytime if i hv the budget...

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Yup stock extractor de-cat

If u take out mid box the sound depends on your muffler...fujitsubo not loudlah even without midbox.

When i m getting it...anytime if i hv the budget...
yeah fujitsubo isnt that loud. :)

but i'm running the full RM01A catback...so it came with the midbox. don't want it that loud anyways.

i'm thinking of buying a cheap HKS or Greddy knock off for RM250 and run 2.5" piping all the way to the back without midbox. should make some good numbers in the high end. :biggrin:

let me know how much you get it for ok. i'm still leaning towards TODA if i can find one for cheap though.

do you have Kpro?

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
I don't have K-Pro...using Mugen N1 ECU right now

Status
Not open for further replies.