Head gasket issue - A33 cefiro

dev7907

Feb 19, 2012
Johor bahru
Hi Sifus,

- I need to clarify something regarding my cefiro A33, cooling system issue.

- 2 weeks back, my car was overheated due to radiator hose leakage.

- After fix the issue, I'm still worried if head gasket got affected or not?

- Water level in radiator is OK & no shortage in engine oil level so far.

- How to check if head gasket affected?

- Pls advise.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
If your head gasket is affected, or cylinder head has warped, you will notice loss of engine power. Next, you will suffer from insane increase in fuel consumption. Also, you may find water mixed with engine oil in the engine oil sump as well as constant loss of coolant. If you don't suffer any of the mentioned symptoms, then ur headgasket should be fine.

dev7907

Feb 19, 2012
Johor bahru
Thanks for your info, nyantong!!...

Will there be decrease in engine oil level if If head gasket is affected, or cylinder head is warped...??

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
You can see water in your overflow tank boiling and oil traces in the radiator.

xw4600

Known Member
Mar 13, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
mine is a32 3.0L..........got the same problem similar to dev7907.the overflow tank is boiling but none traces of oil in the radiator.previous owner has taken out the termostat without my knowledge.question is ....should i replace the 1 whole set gasket n seals or just get the radiator clean.

when i start the engine without aircon turning on...can see just a little bit of bubble from the radiator.a trip from kl to ipoh took me 5.5 hours coz i have to stop at least 5 times due to high temperature.there a 1 time it touch the ctritical point at the meter reading,luckily i manage to stop as ,but water is sputtering out from the radiator.after bout 45 min ,i manage to continue albeit around 70-80kmp/h.

any suggestion on what i should do next .....?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,want to ask ...My car is yrv turbo .. already change my rear bumper into passo and with a spoiler type r for my myvi ...already pass and get my puspakom certificate ..

Now,I afraid ...this jpj guys ..will kacau ..
I'm a little bit afraid ..huhuhu ..or if caught need to show the puspakom certificate huh ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience