Hammer to break windows in emergencies

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Has anyone here bought those hammers for breaking glass in times of emergencies? These hammers come in many shapes and sizes: some look like a regular hammer but with pointed metal tip and others look like a pocket knife (where you push a button and one sharp object pushes out).

These hammers/tools also have blades to cut seat belt in case we are stuck and need to get out.

But my burning question is: can this hammer be used on windows with security tint? I emailed one popular company that sells this hammer once but I never got a reply. Can someone confirm? It is not like we can buy the hammer and test...

P.S. Even Daiso is selling these hammers for only RM5.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
it will shatter the glass but u still need to tear thru the security tint. i've heard of ppl saying that u need to drag the sharp point across the tint so it tears a little b4 knocking the glass to break it. easier to tear the tint to completely break thru the glass...

if from outside...then u need to keep whacking till the safety tint gives way...

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
hammers are too troublesome for me...if you want a tool for doing things you mention...i would recommend this...i got one one standby stored in my glove box...already "save" me on couple of occasion...

http://www.victorinox.com/ch/produc...nerlock-111-mm/RescueTool-One-Hand/0.8623.MWN

search for it on youtube...you be amazed what it can do...can cut seat belts and windscreen like butter...but dont expect rm 5 price tag...huhuhuhu

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Be it RM5 or RM500 the principle is the same. Using heavy pointy tips to break glass. Yes, it should be heavy.
From inside it can break the glass, then force your way through the security tint.
From outside, need to tear/scratch the tint a bit before break glass and force way in.

Essential item. But check the weight first.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
car snatch thieves use those long wood nails and wrap the ends in cloth so it forms a ball...then they hold the ball in the cusp of their palm so the nail protudes from the fingers outwards. they will then punch the window...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just recommend which tool to use but not how to use it in public forum guys. Kinda dangerous to know who are reading.
Then all our security measures are just a waste.

NoDirecTIoN

Mar 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I don't have the knowledge how to break security window tint. But I do have a steering wheel lock, for extra safety and personal protection weapon to ward off unwanted disturbance and kept a Multi-purpose knife in my car glove box for useful and emergency situation (just for sake of ......)

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
The ResQMe tool is probably the best. It is small and can be attached to your keys. In emergencies, like when your car is crushed like a pancake or when you are upside down, you would be disoriented and you don't want to start digging the glove box or some compartments for your hammer or tool. The glove box might be jammed shut or the tool might have fallen out to dunno where inside the car.

Your car keys are most probably the most accessible to you. Just yank out the ResQMe tool from the keys. Moreover, you want a simple tool that can cut seatbelt and break window very fast and easy to use. I also want a tool that my wife can use easily and does not require "training" just to use it.

But for some reasons, all the videos out there and reviews don't mention anything about breaking security window film. And if I am not mistaken, these tools mentioned they can only be used on side windows not front windshield? Is this something to do with tempered vs. laminated glass?

Last edited:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Just recommend which tool to use but not how to use it in public forum guys. Kinda dangerous to know who are reading.
Then all our security measures are just a waste.
as for my opinion & experience, most safety measures r not that 100% safe, most of it is more to delay the time used by them, if they have better equipment, most probably it's a successful mission, if time is not on their side, damage is still there.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But for some reasons, all the videos out there and reviews don't mention anything about breaking security window film. And if I am not mistaken, these tools mentioned they can only be used on side windows not front windshield? Is this something to do with tempered vs. laminated glass?
Laminated glass does not shatter but crack only...

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Just in case anyone is interested to buy ResQMe. It can be difficult to get one nowadays. I think stock is short in supply. But you can still get one at Ace Hardware at IPC mall.

Be careful about so-called ResQMe currently being sold at those deals websites. They are imitation but being sold as if they are original.

klaatu

Mar 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
U can get the original ResQMe tool from Perfect Protection S/B, they are the local dealer for ResQMe tool. Contact 016-2737878.

Bear in mind that the following statement is stated on ResQMe flyer:

" This tool will not break windshields or laminated glass. "

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

More Volkswagen marketing genius as Amaroks topple massive chimney w/video

Wrecking balls are the weapon of choice when it comes to bringing massive structures to their feet, being able to reduce buildings to rubble with mere swings. Nonetheless, they don’t usually come cheap and aren’t exactly easy to maneuver or transport to the site.

So a demolition crew in the UK needed to bring down a 154-ton...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience