H22A vs K2xA??

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
my opinion on the hp claimed by honda is actually hp produced from the engine which means from the flywheel and not on wheel.....as example eg9 auto hp b16a only produce 155hp while the manual 170hp.....no matter how u change to manual gb...the auto b16a will only produce 155hp at flywheel....but...reduce lost hp on auto box from ~30% to 10%??? at least more hp produce on wheel.....most of the manufacturer hp spec is on the flywheel.....what the engine itself produce without the gb.....no doubt....easier to reveal the power from an engine than from the wheel considering u will have many resistance factors from flywheel to the wheel....

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
-e f i n i- said:
Hmmm i've always wanted to ask... Open deck and closed deck... what are those? i remember reading an article on it... but cant remember already.
open deck - like most b and f series block.. got a 'longkang' surronding the liner (where the coolent flow)

close deck - no 'longkang' only multiple holes where the coolent flow like the h22a block

that is y the h22a block is tougher.. the only weakness of the h22a block is the liner is not steel.. it's FRM.. u cannot put in forged piston

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
aja.

u toing Wira turbo at Masjid S.A traffic light ke? ...last time i was sitting at the passenger seat when my fren car (evo1 inside) can't even catch CF4 from behind... 1 gear ok, 2nd gear ok, 3rd gear that car got ahead about 1/2 car...maybe honda gearing is better that mitsu... after that incident my fren send his car for tuning...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
EGNINE said:
aja.

u toing Wira turbo at Masjid S.A traffic light ke? ...last time i was sitting at the passenger seat when my fren car (evo1 inside) can't even catch CF4 from behind... 1 gear ok, 2nd gear ok, 3rd gear that car got ahead about 1/2 car...maybe honda gearing is better that mitsu... after that incident my fren send his car for tuning...
Maybe the wira driver sleepy kot or just a luck. kekekeke

Actually that wira keep 'cucuk' / tailing me from the Istana round-about. Me & my wife only inside my car. and ..to make thing worst, when come to to Masjid traffic light (my favorurite spot actually), only both of us at the masjid traffic-light. apa lagi, Pakai belasah tekan jer la.. kekeke. Actually i'm still thinking how did i make my wheel spin at 2nd, cause after that & until now i tried dah tak jadi2 dah!! ...my clucth smell hangit already !!!. haiya.

Last 3 weeks sat night, Putra turbo also..keep tailing me from Sek 18 until Dataran Kemerdekaan S. Alam. issh, donno why now people love to cucuk my car la. Nak test power, gi cucuk kete2 yg dah mod tuh!. My cars stock & slow2 onli!!.:sad_smile: :sad_smile:

Last edited:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
aja.
hehehe so u r the owner of the car...waa got wife inside also can rempit..hehehe serius laa that car can't catch up with ur car...he's not sleepy la.. he rev untill rev cut laa...btw after that he went to tune his car and cost him RM250....car lovers always wanted to test their car performance if they see other performance car....peace brother hehehe

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
EGNINE said:
aja.
hehehe so u r the owner of the car...waa got wife inside also can rempit..hehehe serius laa that car can't catch up with ur car...he's not sleepy la.. he rev untill rev cut laa...btw after that he went to tune his car and cost him RM250....car lovers always wanted to test their car performance if they see other performance car....peace brother hehehe
kekekekeke.Biasa la tuh. ZTH rempits!! hehehehe

McBryant

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
KL/JB
What is the size of the H22A type-s TB??
A mechanic told it is the same as the b18, is it true?? I feel like that is impossible!!!
A 2.2 engine use the same tb size as the 1.8, it dose not make sence.

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
McBryant said:
What is the size of the H22A type-s TB??
A mechanic told it is the same as the b18, is it true?? I feel like that is impossible!!!
A 2.2 engine use the same tb size as the 1.8, it dose not make sence.
mc...i got to know h22a tb size is the same as those b16a's eg/ek and b18c = 60mm...even some after market tb also can be used on b and h series...but not sure...usually the type r's or type s have different set-up....

Last edited:

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
based on the topic, i wouldnt want to discriminate any of the engines as both has strong potentials. with enough budget and a good buildup both engines can run and produce remarkable power. the advantage of both engines are they are not 2 litres and below for a start unlike b-series.

due to limited parts, legality issues and also cost, both engines are still unexploited fully to its capabilities. i wouldnt want to compare our scene and the americans, at the end of the day i'll choose k-series as the technology has grown way infront of us.

if we are still debating abt the b-series cams and the cost of buying parts in munlee is expensive, i'll keep the k-series at the back of my head.

ps. if you wanna compare both engines, Norris Prayoonto has extracted both engines into the 9s. He used to run a 2.5L H22A with 17compression, and now he runs a K24 with 2.6XXL displacement that runs 9s. both engines are fast, both are 9s.

amen.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
K series is still in front of my head.. if a malaysia company starts producing own mounts for the EK/EG and driveshafts.. someone will fabricate the wiring soon enough...

Pity the complete set already costs about 2K.. that's excluding EP3 parts needed to get the aircond and power steering..

Haih! B-series still cheaper to mod if you have a horsepower target.. And I do have a horsepower target, and a definite budget (although going 5K over is not an issue)

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
what i meant by at the back of my head was actually i will consider a k20 hybrid than a b-series from now onwards eventho i do not know about it.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
J101 said:
what i meant by at the back of my head was actually i will consider a k20 hybrid than a b-series from now onwards eventho i do not know about it.
Yeah.. fully variable cam and ignition timing is always better than the old vtec method... even smoother power delivery..

Vtec is powerful, but to wait for the vtec to activate at a certain rev range is a pain. (>.<)

khairiaz

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
true. H22A has existed since 1993. and we have been able to exploit its capability and still.

but, I still prefer K-series. K-series are just new. introduced like 3-4 years ago. I don't think we have exploit the engine enough. just see how they modify the K-series in US. and, we are still way, way behind to fully exploit K-series capabilities.

new technologies define better performance.

I used H22A and F20B before. but, I still prefer K-series.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HotBits Suspension system...for cars & suvs.
I'm planning to change my stock absorbers and the stock springs, because my front stock absorbers are partially not working well already.

I'm considering HotBits, as they offer adjustable coilover suspension (front & back) for my car.

Has anyone installed products from the HotBits suspension range?
Any good or bad comments?

I would appreciate if current or ex-users can give their opinion on HotBits products, before I actually make my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience