H22A thread

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
TypicalGuy said:
ohhh..like this ar
then how to know the H22A is 220 hp for type s? type s is red top ? or still black top?

i really want to know what type of H22A is mine..i keep looking for the code in the engine..but only can see H22A...and Auto transmission code..and also the big disc brake in front....really looking forward to it..kekekeke

first time got VTEC..

wat is the rite way to launch on Auto...

BRake....put to L...rev till 3000 rpm..release brake..

Put to L...then rev...

or put to N rev till 4000 rpm..then pull to D1?

kekeke

want to challenge my fren SR20 Bluebird...let him know wat is honda power...

b4 this i always hear....Vr4 also affraid of H22A

i jz went to spare parts shop and ask...the air filter alone no brand..cost rm 50++
original 100++..if like this better change to K&N Rm 300 at one go..coz those paper filter have to always change

10 X more than proton air filter.. :cry_smile: :cry_smile: :cry_smile:

they say original ATF oil 140++ for honda wor..dunno true or not..
prelude n CD6 disc brake was bigger than the normal SV4...

"BRake....put to L...rev till 3000 rpm..release brake..

Put to L...then rev...

or put to N rev till 4000 rpm..then pull to D1?" don try this la ..not good for the A/T ...

don simply play with sr20

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
skyhawkheng said:
elo brother....correct me if i am wrong...:p

1) Prelude H22A Type S
- 220hp
- Red top

2) Prelude H22A Manual
- 200hp
- Black Top

3) Prelude H22A Auto
- 190hp
- Black Top

4) Accord H22A Manual
- 190hp
- Black Top

5) Accord H22A Auto
- 180hp
- Black Top

mmm.....i got 1 question...the hp izzit on enigne or on wheel??:regular_smile:
correction accord cd h22a regardless auto or manual both are 190hp....and also same goes to prelude auto or manual = 200hp....whp will differ due to power lost on auto or manual gb...

Last edited:

e_mad

Known Member
Dec 24, 2003
Thanks guys for da reply.... so that meant I’ve to change g/box oil..am l right? Emm...there is possibilities that oil is not ori coz I get it from spare part shop for RM20 per bottle. Any other brand that good to Honda auto g/box? Anyone here use ATF other brand than Honda? Please suggest to me coz I rather change to any brand as long as the humming sound eliminate and performance back to normal.

darkemperor, which bearing you refer to? Wheel bearing or g/box bearing?

By the way how to differentiate H22A accord and prelude? My accord comes with H22A but it a convert coz state in grant. Any difference like engine number or g/box number?

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
skyhawkheng said:
hehehe....sorry to all H22A sifus, alot of mistake need to correct by u all......:emoticon_U:
thomas...u also will be the king very soon.......kekekek

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
e_mad said:
Thanks guys for da reply.... so that meant I’ve to change g/box oil..am l right? Emm...there is possibilities that oil is not ori coz I get it from spare part shop for RM20 per bottle. Any other brand that good to Honda auto g/box? Anyone here use ATF other brand than Honda? Please suggest to me coz I rather change to any brand as long as the humming sound eliminate and performance back to normal.

darkemperor, which bearing you refer to? Wheel bearing or g/box bearing?

By the way how to differentiate H22A accord and prelude? My accord comes with H22A but it a convert coz state in grant. Any difference like engine number or g/box number?
is the noise comes from the gb? than most probly the gb bearing...dunno which bearing but humming noise usually comes from bearing...get ur car to mech n check....ATF oil usually for honda, use honda ATF....but u can try n change ur ATF n see if it can elaminate the sound...in my opinion its not due to ATF...

ur sv4 climate control (aircond) is digital? n the meter cluster max speed 180km + rpm redline at 7200rpm....? if yes...strong posibility the h22a is from a cd accord...

Last edited:

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
darkemperor said:
is noise is from the gb? than most probly the gb bearing...dunno which bearing but humming noise usually comes from bearing...get ur car to mech n check....ATF oil usually for honda, use honda ATF....but u can try n change ur ATF n see if it can elaminate the sound...in my opinion its not due to ATF...

ur sv4 climate control (aircond) is digital? n the meter cluster max speed 180km + rpm redline at 7200rpm....? if yes...strong posibility the h22a is from a cd accord...

mine is like wat u said..
but it's from prelude wor...

SaDeLlIx

Known Member
Dec 4, 2005
Hie there anywan intrested with accord cf4 seat with sv4 railings...?

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
SaDeLlIx said:
Hie there anywan intrested with accord cf4 seat with sv4 railings...?
my car seat got electronic up down wan
kekeke...

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
TypicalGuy said:
mine is like wat u said..
but it's from prelude wor...
dunno ler....it's looks similar on the engine unless differ on the airbox...hydroulic main mounting for cd...and most probly the comp box....:Not_Impressed:

in ur case the old owner really did changed all the aircond acc. - harness, damper,blower etc, to make the digital climate working...! because u cant use the lude a/c system...!?

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
darkemperor said:
dunno ler....it's looks similar on the engine unless differ on the airbox...hydroulic main mounting for cd...and most probly the comp box....:Not_Impressed:

in ur case the old owner really did changed all the aircond acc. - harness, damper,blower etc, to make the digital climate working...! because u cant use the lude a/c system...!?
for air box also can't diff it hehehe cos can use back the ori air box ..but really hard to diff it...but sure the AP for the half cut u buy there will b stated

actually can use the lude a/c system la...just depend on u want or not hehehehe...

e_mad

Known Member
Dec 24, 2003
Guys, please give some suggestion what the best should I do first…change g/box oil or what?

What I heard the gear oil also have viscosity like engine oil e.g. 75w-90, mineral base and fully synthetic etc. So for H22A auto what type is good for performance and reliability? And those g/box auto which have LSD, how to recognize it from normal g/box?

Help very much appreciate, thanks.

khairiaz

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
darkemperor said:
correction accord cd h22a regardless auto or manual both are 190hp....and also same goes to prelude auto or manual = 200hp....whp will differ due to power lost on auto or manual gb...
bro, I believe accord H22A only comes with auto transmission. no manual. both at 190bhp.

prelude H22A auto engine is exactly the same as Accord H22A auto engine. difference is only in instrumentation configuration. the horsepower of both engines are the same, 190bhp.

only prelude H22A manual comes with 200bhp.

khairiaz

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
skyhawkheng said:
below are the list that tested 0 - 100km/h:

1) mrBear(Prelude 4th gen H22A auto) = 6sec++ (using RSM)
2) acuraV(Prelude 4th gen H22A auto) = 8sec++ (using RSM)
3) skyhawkheng(Prelude 4th gen F22B auto) = 9.5sec (using stopwatch) :p
my previous SV4 H22A CD8 (accord coupe engine) recorded 7sec+++ (using stopwatch). but, i dont think this was a valid time, due to the integrity of the machine (stopwatch) in recording the time.

khairiaz

Known Member
Jan 21, 2006
skyhawkheng said:
elo brother....correct me if i am wrong...:p

1) Prelude H22A Type S
- 220hp
- Red top

2) Prelude H22A Manual
- 200hp
- Black Top

3) Prelude H22A Auto
- 190hp
- Black Top

4) Accord H22A Manual
- 190hp
- Black Top

5) Accord H22A Auto
- 180hp
- Black Top

mmm.....i got 1 question...the hp izzit on enigne or on wheel??:regular_smile:
bro, i have a serious doubt about accord H22A manual. no heard of it before. and never see before. All CD6 H22A comes with auto transmission only. and the horsepower is 190bhp.

You forgot to include another and the most exclusive engine. H22A from CL1 Accord Euro-R, red-top, 220bhp.

bhp/crank.

nanti marah orang pakai H22A CL1, hehehehe...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Thank you for the immense support yet again everyone! despite the distance and blazing hot Sepang sun on the 2nd day of the Ramadan fasting season, we are extremely humbled by the sheer passion of all our participants, sponsors and potential spectators for this Sunday's round 2 of the TIMETOATTACK!

We thank you again everyone, Please enjoy this Sunday's TIMETOATTACK!!

What's Happening:...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience