Guide To Make Oil Catch Bottle

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
helo , how are you .

an oil catch bottle that i made ,

materials you will need = brain :hmmmm: , plastic bottle , 9mm hose , sponge like filter < like HKS element > this filter you can get when u buy items like computer parts , some wires , cutter and patience ...

picture 1 -you must firstly plan where to put the mouth of the hose so that it won't lead the air released back out to the carburetor or throttle .
if you noticed mine can be put beside a layer of steel that is attached to the chassis that helps prevent most of them away < the dirty air >

picture 2 and 3 -look at 3 first that i cut a hole onto the bottle to insert the hose and picture 2 now

-did you see that i actually insert it deep ? < from my own experience and some science , it actually prolongs the air to be inside the bottle and filtered when travelling back out to the mouth of the bottle rather than just put it onto the mouth of the bottle .
- and also i actually cut the bottle into half first , coz i wanna put those layer of filter on the center and then put it back together ,just insert them back and it will tighten coz the filter makes it tight .

picture 4 - notice the mouth of the bottle ? those are the filter like panel i was talking about .

- notice as well i'm actually using the bottle cap ring to secure the panel on the mouth :hmmmm:

picture 5 - then as i said earlier you must really plan where to put it , as there might be problems on

- bonnet squashing onto the hose when closed and please put this thing as far away from the intake and if you got space put it under the wiper arm where there is a hole that acts as vents to release the dirty air .

on picture 6 , where i circled ' important ' that is actually where your actual recycled air will be channeled back to if you never take it out or connect it elsewhere !!
it must be welded and closed !!! i don't recommend you doing this at home

- problems like cutting your own fingers :biggrin: i hope not
its the steel dust that might fall inside the manifold if you cut it without taking it off that if entered
the combustion will or might damage your internal

and i'am not sure coz some of the mechanics i been asking told me so ,
so please correct me if i'm wrong ... sorry if info given incorrect

Attachments

Last edited:

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
sorry if its not so detailed or confusing ... not so good in a computer haha

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
so, basically you just release the blowby gasses to the atmosphere and not returned it back to the intake manifold?

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
the hose holding up not bad ... no melting as they are thick
yeah releasing it back to the air ... real oil catch tank go back to intake manifold ?

sorry i don't know that

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well done. perfect example of diy cheaply and not requiring many tools. good work.

an aftermarket oil catch can has 2 hoses. 1 input from engine head like the one u made and another 1 back to intake. there will be some sort of filter to ensure the hose going back to intake is "clean" and oil free. if u search around in zth forum for diy oil catch tank (OCT) u can get some links to sites detailing how to make one.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

4.3 secs / 340ps / 500nm / 3L straight 6 twin scroll single turbo / 8 speed /automatic / RM568K.

Engine
Power is a major highlight of the GR Supra. Default 340ps figure is very decent by most standards, but it feels more than that in reality. It’s not just about the phenomenal acceleration either, but the delivery part of it.

It feels meaty, lag-less, linear, never ending and uncanny at supplying that 500nm worth of torque through the rear tyres, right on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience