Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi fellow zthrian,

I've having a Civic EK 4 doors at the moment and some bushing already malfunction. i'm pretty interested with master set from Energy Suspension (something named Hyper-Flex perhaps?)

it'd be nice if someone could show me which workshop sell this, their contact and location so that i can get them all change by next week. also the product price if anyone knows, and estimated installation price so that i can get prepare.

much appreciated. urgently need help :) thanks

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

btw i forgot to mention, i'm in Puchong, prefer location around klang valley or KL

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i was told that the master set is about 1.2k siap pasang....true or not im not sure....

but i dont know where...

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
thx bro

ya i start searching for it after reading your post in other thread too :D just want to have silicon bushings for long lasting but since you've mentioned ES and i saw their product review quite good, might as well get it for my donkey ride once and for all.

1.2k sounds ok, plan to get it by tuesday. hopefully i can get reply by then, otherwise i'd have to choose other aftermarket product to install :( coz i only have free time this week to get things done.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
do share back on this thread about where u did it and how much oso... coz im curious too...

and if possible pls ask for EG6 as well pls.. thanks :D

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Found a link on mudah, around RM880

Energy Bushing HyperFlex Honda Civic EK EJ EF EG - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Installation cost basically depending on your workshop, becoz all the arms have to be taken out and sent for pressing then installed back.
oh yeah...this dood is in my EG6 club... hes the one who told me about the 1.2k siap pasang...

perhaps can contact him and find out where to install...he might know where coz if not mistaken hes done it for his car..

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Just remember, the energy bushing kit doesn't come with the big rear trailing arm bush, it has to be purchased separately.
I recommend hard rubber bushing or ori stock bushing for this rather than Energy bushings, either hard race, mugen...etc.

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
Just remember, the energy bushing kit doesn't come with the big rear trailing arm bush, it has to be purchased separately.
I recommend hard rubber bushing or ori stock bushing for this rather than Energy bushings, either hard race, mugen...etc.
yes, trailing arm is sold separately. and so is the front and rear sway bar bushings. but bro, why do you recommend hard rubber or ori than these Energy Suspension bushings? not good ah?

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
There are some issues though for me, mainly hard braking entering a corner (or during trail braking) & braking in high speed corners. The rear of the car becomes a little bit "twitchy/loose" & can cause some oversteering. Remember I said to get stock or mugen/spoon, hardrace bushings for the real trailing arm (big). If you use the Energy bushings (like I did), you will get this issue, bcoz on the stock bush design there is 2 axis movement (updown & side2), whereas the Energy ones allow only 1 axis movement (up down). The kit you saw in the link doesn't include this bush and needs to be purchase separately, so I recommend you get other rubber bushings for this.

extract from a previous post of mine :
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/honda/387403-my-snail-rebuild-integra-db8-14.html

zNiPeR

Known Member
May 23, 2006
energy suspension master kit doesn't come with rear trailing arm bushing, rear compensator arm(toe)bushing and rear upper arm(camber)bushing....but it does come with extra stuffs like ball joint boot, tie rod end boot, transmission shifter bushing, sway bar endlink bushing and steering rack bushing....

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

oh yeah...this dood is in my EG6 club... hes the one who told me about the 1.2k siap pasang...

perhaps can contact him and find out where to install...he might know where coz if not mistaken hes done it for his car..
madman, is he selling individual energy suspension parts oso?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
no idea... his contact his there...u can try n call him and see..

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
There are some issues though for me, mainly hard braking entering a corner (or during trail braking) & braking in high speed corners. The rear of the car becomes a little bit "twitchy/loose" & can cause some oversteering. Remember I said to get stock or mugen/spoon, hardrace bushings for the real trailing arm (big). If you use the Energy bushings (like I did), you will get this issue, bcoz on the stock bush design there is 2 axis movement (updown & side2), whereas the Energy ones allow only 1 axis movement (up down). The kit you saw in the link doesn't include this bush and needs to be purchase separately, so I recommend you get other rubber bushings for this.

extract from a previous post of mine :
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/honda/387403-my-snail-rebuild-integra-db8-14.html
do you mean that only the energy suspension rear trailing arm is not good? or the HyperFlex Master Kit is not good too?

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
do you mean that only the energy suspension rear trailing arm is not good? or the HyperFlex Master Kit is not good too?
Yes, I only meant about the rear trailing arm (purchased separately). My views on The Energy hyperflex kit is very good (refer the link for my full comment).

I wouldnt say its "No Good"(trailing arm bush), in normal driving conditions they're just fine, only in situations like i mentioned then you need to get used to the handling characteristics, which some might deem acceptable and some might not.

For me I'm stuck with them so I just adapt to it...

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
alamak bro, sorry. didn't perasan your link there. thanks for the useful information. you purchased it online or is there any local distributor? and do you mind sharing where you installed yours and how much is the workmanship cost? i've just upgraded to type flex, and the next upgrade will definitely be these bushings. most of them had worn out already.

the one in mudah also pre-order. imo better we order it on our own.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
pre-order??? its also stated ready stock...i think its for other models thats pre order...

anyway zhaf... just call the feller...hes one of the admins for the EG6 group... though hes been inactive in the group for quite awhile

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience