GTR 35, best GTR but....

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Hi guys,

We've seen so many GTR 35 on Malaysian road and tonnes of discussion in other foreign GTR forums like GTROC, GTR.co.uk, 2009GTRBlog...etc etc.

Had also talked to a few technical guys around KL who handled GTR35 for the good past one year. Findings is, at least 4 new gear box ordered and fixed, one being succesfully repaired by recalibrating the solenoids...

See, GTR35 is no doubt one of the fastest stock car i've test driven before. But the sad thing is,...i think all of you knows well...:listen:.. the new GR6 Dual clutch transmission, being so new and technical for us to own the car in a country without proper Nissan's support.

Not just the transmission, things that we heard like Bonnet opened to high, driving with low pressure or puncture tyres, transmission oil temp high, VDC off driving, launch control rpm set for the 1st and 2nd batch GTRs...etc etc has all been very interesting topics.

Words also suggest that the GTR35 is only "Software"ly weak, not the hardwares...Cars produced with Chasis below 1000 has been the worst hit and 100x-2000 has had newer software downloaded, cars with 3000 and above...etc etc..

AccessPort, Phantom III with GR card, ... were the names that we heard and wished to have in our countries and i believe the AccessPort is already here in KL long ago. Have not find any place where the GTR35 can be sent for the 1000km, 12/24 months transmission calibrating and software updates...

Just try to gather more inputs here locally guys...cheers!:smokin:

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
now you can have a try at Tan Chong Motor in Singapore, they are officially bringing in GTR to Singapore.

Cheers

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
well dont know much about the car but the boss of SPS chain of workshops had one less than a year it gave transmission probs...sold the bugger in d end...drove back his M6 nevertheless....so i guess wat they say abt the transmission is true....think some of u here may know him always in S.Alam has superbikes as well...

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOAXJTTc__w&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOAXJTTc__w&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
u launch like mad of course mah kantoi lah.

DOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Its already mentioned in the user R35 manual the only person to blame is the reckless R35 user who thinks their car is really bullet proof loh.

I got a theory, rich ppl who has money to buy R35 don't study.

the end.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I don't know about you guys but to me the R35GTR is expensive. If I paid that sort of money for a car, I would want to launch it... HARD!

How can you sell a car with 'limitations' especially if its a performance car?

If it's so mentioned that in the GTR manual that owners should not launch too much then is that a fact known at purchase? By purchasing the car are owners forgoing their right to sue or claim against the manufacturer? Buying a car is basically one party agreeing to buy something from another but in this case, are you told that "Hey, its wicked but don't push it too hard or you'll f*ck it up" or "No more than 10 launches buddy" :)

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];3801101 said:
I don't know about you guys but to me the R35GTR is expensive. If I paid that sort of money for a car, I would want to launch it... HARD!

How can you sell a car with 'limitations' especially if its a performance car?

If it's so mentioned that in the GTR manual that owners should not launch too much then is that a fact known at purchase? By purchasing the car are owners forgoing their right to sue or claim against the manufacturer? Buying a car is basically one party agreeing to buy something from another but in this case, are you told that "Hey, its wicked but don't push it too hard or you'll f*ck it up" or "No more than 10 launches buddy" :)
My sentiments exactly.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
The new PDK Porsche Panamera has launch control and can be launched as many times as you wish.

I think that when Nissan jumped on the Dual Clutch bandwagon, it was still something new to them, let alone putting launch control on the damned thing.

Give it time, the R35 is still a young car, and im sure several revisions are on its way.

But would i buy an R35? Yes i would, but not anytime soon, cos in 100 000 km i have to replace the plasma liners in the engine and no one here in malaysia is equipped for that sort of maintainence.

DinNismo

Known Member
Dec 11, 2004
GardenOFStarS
Visit site
Interesting...I sure they'll do a uprated version that shud take the beating of launching.
Anyways, the Hitler video is damn gud info for potential buyers hehehe...

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
haiya u guys, carlos ghosn is half french, of course when he say "you wank3rs better build a car faster than porshe!" but of course make it look seemlessly flawless except something lah.Coz deep down he wants PPL to buy RENAULT instead.

ok ok i better stop, too much bird talk =D

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Be Prepared to fork out more $$$ to replace the disc rotor, transmission, drive shaft joint, and also the clutch system should you decided to get the GTR35! 1 of my friend bought 1 lately and less than 4000km, the disk brake starts to show cracking already, and worst of all, the dealer told him that its not under warranty and GOOD LUCK! WTF?!?!? He was mad and need to fork out additional around RM30k to go for after market disk rotor!