GT Radial Champiro SX2 Tyre Launch

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
GT RADIAL WILL LAUNCH THE EXTREME ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE TYRES CHAMPIRO SX2 IN MALAYSIA

PT Gajah Tunggal Tbk, the largest integrated tyre manufacturer in ASEAN and the producer of GT Radial tyre, is committed to continuously improve its products offerings to strengthen the company’s position and grow its presence in Malaysia tyres market.

GT Radial has been present in Malaysia since 1998. In 2012 GT Radial was appointed as the OEM tyres for Proton, the Malaysia’s national car manufacturer, fitted in their new Proton Exora Bold and new Proton Prevé.

As part of the efforts to strengthen its position in Malaysia, GT Radial will launch The Extreme Ultra High Performance (UHP) tyre, Champiro SX2, by inviting motorsport journalists and car enthusiasts to do a test drive of the tyre in Megalap event and to see its performance in gymkhana exhibition in Sepang International Circuit on Sunday, 2nd June 2013.

GT Radial Champiro SX2 tyre is developed for the drivers of sports and performance cars that have a passion for sport driving. The tyre is designed to provide high level of traction, responsive steering, handling and driving control on both dry and wet roads. GT Radial Champiro SX2 is a street legal tyre with DOT (Department of Transport) certification. Hence the tyres can be used not only for motorsport racing but also for daily driving for the motorsport enthusiasts.

There are three main features of GT Radial Champiro SX2 that make the tyre performs better than competitors. First, the tyre has dual block design with extra wide shoulder block to increase cornering stability and grips in all road surfaces. Second, the advance thread compound that provides excellent adhesion to dry and wet roads and third, the three circumferential grooves on the tyre that provide very good performance on wet road condition by significantly reducing aquaplaning.

GT Radial Champiro SX2 have been used in various motorsport events such as Formula Drift (FD) Asia 2012, Indonesia’s National Gymkhana Championship 2012 and Australia’s Pro Drift Series 2012 by GT Radial sponsored racers and showed very satisfying results. GT Radial Drift Team is the runner up of FD Asia 2012 and Toyota Team Indonesia racing on GT Radial Champiro SX2 is the champion of Indonesia National Gymkhana Championship 2012.
Malaysia prominent racer and drifter, Ee Yong Chern, who also joined the GT Radial Drift Team competing in FD Asia 2012 has tried GT Radial Champiro SX2 and he is very satisfied with the ultimate performance of the tyres. His testimony can be read in his Facebook page.

Come and witness the ultimate performance of GT Radial Champiro SX2 in Sepang International Circuit on Sunday, 2nd June 2013.

GT Radial Champiro SX2 ultimate control from the track to the street.

The above copied from GT Radial Website....

Attended their GT Radial SX2 launch this morning at Sepang. Quite many Media, Dealers were invited.
Attended a short briefing on the tyres then off to test drive of the tyres for dry and wet handling, slalom and wet braking.

Drove the Polo GTi. The tyres handles very well in both dry and wet and brakes well in the wet too. But only had a short trial of one slow and one fast lap. Have to really test these tyres on my VR for daily use.....

Last time had only 2 sizes
195/50R15
235/45ZR17

4 New Sizes added
215/45R17
225/45R17
245/40ZR17
265/35ZR18

More New Sizes to come
195/55R15
205/50R16
215/40R17
235/40R17
235/40R18
245/40R18
235/35 R19

Here are some pictures.....
Show Car

Show Car

Test Car

Only drove this one Polo GTi

I know too many tyres and Car pictures, where are the umbrellas Girls....:biggrin:

Here....

Close Up

Thanks for Reading......

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
How does this tyre compare with other UHP tyres like Goodyear F1D5 or Michelin PS3?

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
is it position one step higher than hpy? Look like competitor to rs3 n r1r

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The tread design looks very aggressive with big2 blocks, makes it look almost like semi slicks already. Must have very good grip in the dry but maybe a bit noisy and stiff, is it? What's the spec on it? Unfortunately does not have my sizes! :(

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How does this tyre compare with other UHP tyres like Goodyear F1D5 or Michelin PS3?
The Champiro SX2 are in extreme category like AD-08, Federal RSR etc.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

is it position one step higher than hpy? Look like competitor to rs3 n r1r
Yup, correct. They have come out with a tyre for both track and daily use.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

The tread design looks very aggressive with big2 blocks, makes it look almost like semi slicks already. Must have very good grip in the dry but maybe a bit noisy and stiff, is it? What's the spec on it? Unfortunately does not have my sizes! :(
Yup, this tyre for track and daily use. Grip in dry and wet also very good. Suppose to be quiet but cannot test as in our short 2 rounds around the course we only tried dry and wet slalom, dry corner and wet braking. Probably too short a test to tell, but it all work out good....

UTQG are Threadwear 200, Traction AA, Temperature A

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
1 of my friend using it ... grip is very good alot better then 595 RSR and KU36 sidewall was hard too...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The Champiro SX2 are in extreme category like AD-08, Federal RSR etc.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Yup, correct. They have come out with a tyre for both track and daily use.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Yup, this tyre for track and daily use. Grip in dry and wet also very good. Suppose to be quiet but cannot test as in our short 2 rounds around the course we only tried dry and wet slalom, dry corner and wet braking. Probably too short a test to tell, but it all work out good....

UTQG are Threadwear 200, Traction AA, Temperature A
Nice, I hope they'd release more sizes by the time I need to change later on. :)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Vr2, got any price details? interested.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
vr, the price seems ok..