Greedy e manage vs V afc Apexi.

Harris3s

500 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Kota Bharu Kelantan
Visit site
Hi Bro...

i need some info about engines management.
How much the cost for complete settings for e manage ?
Which one better e manage or V afc ?

Seems to do it so cause i hv tuning prob wif my car.

Kindly pls help all Sifu Toyotarians here or any expriences ?:confused_smile:

TQ>

Harris3s

500 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Kota Bharu Kelantan
Visit site
Yup i prefer e manage after doing some reserch. How about if we unplugged the battery ? is zzit kena resetting again wif laptops . or any major causes will be damage the settings ?

i found thuis article :-

GReddy e-manage (Piggy-Back Style engine control computer)

When you change air cleaner, exhaust system, intercooler or turbo to racing type bigger capacity ones, you also need to reprogram your original ECU.
Without improving the data of the standard ECU, you cannot expect the best performance of each aftermarket parts and for the worst, you'll damage your engine badly. Racing type intake system allows the engine to suck more air. As a result, fuel setting tends to become lean and causes knocking on the engine. This situation will happen specially when the turbo charged engine gains more boost with the boost controller or bigger turbo. Knocking is an abnormal combustion and causes serious damage on the engines.
GReddy e-manage is the one of the performance engine management systems and this system solves the problem told above. e-manage has excellent functions such as air flow signal control, VTEC control, ignition timing control, fuel injection increase and boost limiter cut, etc.... Specially with the control functions for air flow signal and VTEC cam shifting point, you can adjust them by turning dial knobs on its body.
When you need air fuel setting and ignition timing setting, you can modify your e-manage setting by laptop computer with e-manage Support Tool (Optional special software).
GReddy e-manage is not a full replacement computer, but a sub computer (piggy-back style) and this means even if you sell your car and buy another one in the future, you can still use this e-manage for the next car. And also the price of this new sub computer from GReddy is surprisingly cheaper than any other similar products.
Not only reasonable price, but GReddy e-manage works for most of Japanese sport cars from light modification to heavy one.

Main Function
*You can adjust air flow output signal (voltage) at 5 different engine RPM.
*You can change VTEC cam shifting point if your car is equipped with HONDA VTEC engine.
* By using an aftermarket USB cable (not included in the kit), this computer can work with GReddy Profec e-01. Even if you don't have a lap-top computer, you can do the exactly the same things on the screen of Profec e-01 by using its hand-set.

By using e-manage Support Tool and a lap-top computer,
*You can cancel boost limiter of the original ECU on turbo charged models.
*You can adjust fuel injection MAP.
*You can adjust ignition timing MAP.
*You can control additional injectors (maximum 2 injectors).

**System requirements for CD-ROM in Support Tool is

Operating system: Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP
CPU: More than Pentium 166MHz
Memory: More than 32MB (Preferably more than 64MB)
Hard disk drive space: More than 50MB

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
Harris3s said:
Yup i prefer e manage after doing some reserch. How about if we unplugged the battery ? is zzit kena resetting again wif laptops . or any major causes will be damage the settings ?

i found thuis article :-

GReddy e-manage (Piggy-Back Style engine control computer)

When you change air cleaner, exhaust system, intercooler or turbo to racing type bigger capacity ones, you also need to reprogram your original ECU.
Without improving the data of the standard ECU, you cannot expect the best performance of each aftermarket parts and for the worst, you'll damage your engine badly. Racing type intake system allows the engine to suck more air. As a result, fuel setting tends to become lean and causes knocking on the engine. This situation will happen specially when the turbo charged engine gains more boost with the boost controller or bigger turbo. Knocking is an abnormal combustion and causes serious damage on the engines.
GReddy e-manage is the one of the performance engine management systems and this system solves the problem told above. e-manage has excellent functions such as air flow signal control, VTEC control, ignition timing control, fuel injection increase and boost limiter cut, etc.... Specially with the control functions for air flow signal and VTEC cam shifting point, you can adjust them by turning dial knobs on its body.
When you need air fuel setting and ignition timing setting, you can modify your e-manage setting by laptop computer with e-manage Support Tool (Optional special software).
GReddy e-manage is not a full replacement computer, but a sub computer (piggy-back style) and this means even if you sell your car and buy another one in the future, you can still use this e-manage for the next car. And also the price of this new sub computer from GReddy is surprisingly cheaper than any other similar products.
Not only reasonable price, but GReddy e-manage works for most of Japanese sport cars from light modification to heavy one.

Main Function
*You can adjust air flow output signal (voltage) at 5 different engine RPM.
*You can change VTEC cam shifting point if your car is equipped with HONDA VTEC engine.
* By using an aftermarket USB cable (not included in the kit), this computer can work with GReddy Profec e-01. Even if you don't have a lap-top computer, you can do the exactly the same things on the screen of Profec e-01 by using its hand-set.

By using e-manage Support Tool and a lap-top computer,
*You can cancel boost limiter of the original ECU on turbo charged models.
*You can adjust fuel injection MAP.
*You can adjust ignition timing MAP.
*You can control additional injectors (maximum 2 injectors).

**System requirements for CD-ROM in Support Tool is

Operating system: Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP
CPU: More than Pentium 166MHz
Memory: More than 32MB (Preferably more than 64MB)
Hard disk drive space: More than 50MB

Ermm.. for me i think E-Manage enough liao... but give to KL people, they will choose the Standalone ECU lor... But E-Manage found the good tuner can provide the best result also...

S.W.Yap

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
if your 3S is not aiming for 400 whp and above , no need stand alone ecu , a basic
blue version e-manage is good enough . you can use it to control bigger injector
or additional injector when you boost up or chnage turbo . the boost cut
can only be eliminated with the latest e-manage untimate which I think cost
more than 3k , normal blue e-manage cost 1.5k .

by the way , I am using the blue e-manage right now for my 3SGE and my previous
3SGTE engine I only use SAFC and 2 additional injector only .

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
The price 1500 is including the optional injector& ignition harness?If without both of the harness,can we still tune the injection and ignition map,or only can tune the dial switch only

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
scomatic said:
Ermm.. for me i think E-Manage enough liao... but give to KL people, they will choose the Standalone ECU lor... But E-Manage found the good tuner can provide the best result also...
agree wat u said bro:_: go for e-manage harris3s, dun think too much....

Harris3s

500 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Kota Bharu Kelantan
Visit site
Bro..

Rm1500 including dyno n cd for resetting wif Laptop ?
My freinds said is a big prob. to resetting e manage if done somemore mod.
Have to go to KL loh... KB tarak pomen bole setting e manage !

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
Harris3s said:
Bro..

Rm1500 including dyno n cd for resetting wif Laptop ?
My freinds said is a big prob. to resetting e manage if done somemore mod.
Have to go to KL loh... KB tarak pomen bole setting e manage !

Ermm... I think you can find 7heaven... he got place for the E Manage Tuning.

S.W.Yap

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
RM1500 is including installation and dyno setting for injection , ignition map ,
the map is 16 x 16 , more than enough to tune . Not 5 point , wrong info .
The addtional injector harness has to buy , I think around RM150 to 200 , I
never buy , sorry . For every upgrade on your engine of course need to re-tune
the e-manage , not difficult , let the mech do , no need to worry . I just re tune
mine , cost me RM 150 , on the road tuning , even no dyno graph , but I am
happy with the result . If dyno tune maybe cost you RM200 to RM300 .

S.W.Yap

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
No problem Harris3S , you are welcome .
See if you coming down to KL do let me know , there are a lot of 3S GT kaki
here , we can meet up . Cheers .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The cool thing about tuners is there's almost nothing that cant be tuned to be better than what it already is. But to perfect a car like a Lamborghini is no easy feat, that's why potential customers almost always stick to a brand they are familiar with, like AMG, BRABUS, Alpina, and you get the picture. But here's a relatively unknown tuner with a special edition...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience