Golf TSi to 180hp easily achieved?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Better get the Polo GTI since it's much faster than the Golf TSi. It's smaller so easy enough for the wife, but can go quite fast for you. If you buy Golf TSi and try to mod it, then you forgone the warranty already and still not as fast as the Polo even if you manage to get the same power output. Moreover the fuel consumption would not be as good too due to heavier car than the Polo.

As for the MPS, it's on 15k discount already??? That means the car is not selling well. I personally don't like the look of it, and I think that level of power is a bit over already for FWD car. One of my friend had test driven it and he said the handling is not good as the torque steer is still too much and the chassis cannot match the power. But again this friend of mine is driving FD2R which is a great handling car for a high performance FWD.
Bro, Golf GTi will be a bit out of budget for me. Besides, it's my wife that is using the car. For me, I might be using it only weekend for some fun driving. I have an Airtrek Turbo myself with about 300hp, so that is my personal ride. :D

MPS looks very fierce but too young for me. And moreover, it's manual and my wife wanted auto. So it's out for now.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Opps.. you're saying Polo GTi. I think it's a bit smallish, we prefer Golf :)

Sarbath

Known Member
Nov 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
MPS are powerful enough for that range of price.. Even it can play with the megane rs anyday, but yeah it is MANUAL.. So better buy golf for your wife.. Its not all about the power thinks also about the FC, Reliability and the list goes on.. Hmm VW have so much variety of modding to do.. Either you want it cheap or expensive.. IMHO, better take the golf bro ! Chipped it stage 1, change the CAI, redone the Exhaust System all set for 180++ HP :-D ..

droll

Known Member
Aug 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
golf tsi is quieter and a lot more comfortable than the polo gti. If wife is driving better get her the golf tsi. Polo gti might be dangerousnfor someone who has never driven such a fast car. Handling wise, golf tsi rear setup is superior to polo gti. You can always change the dampers and springs to bring it up to par and beat polo gti. The exception to torsion beam setup on rear being better is probably the megane rs.

Glf tsi performance is already faster than probably 90% of the cars on the road out there. So it is quite enough already.

Good luck in your decision.

ridz1979

Known Member
May 1, 2006
Shah Alam
Bro Stutzedward,

My advise is simple, even you buy for your wife for sure you will drive it too. Since you post initially also mentioning on upgrade the car hp and own 300 hp monster based on my assumption you kaki modd.

As such, if you mod Kaki better buy Golf TSI. If my guess wrong you not modd type of person then you better buy Polo GTI. However, as a VW car owner I would like to share with you 5 years warranty only a gimmick. Actuall warranty 2 years by manufacturer & 3 years extended warranty from insurance company. Honestly speaking once you want to make warranty claim they will find way and reason to reject those claim this happen after 2 years manufacturer warranty expiired and need insurance approval before job can be done.

My problem with VW car is on the after sale service. All the best.

jack12322

Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i have heard bad comments about that place , bad services too , i'm not sure about it , but i suggest u go to PJ Volkswagen near Jalan 222

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Bro Stutzedward,

My advise is simple, even you buy for your wife for sure you will drive it too. Since you post initially also mentioning on upgrade the car hp and own 300 hp monster based on my assumption you kaki modd.

As such, if you mod Kaki better buy Golf TSI. If my guess wrong you not modd type of person then you better buy Polo GTI. However, as a VW car owner I would like to share with you 5 years warranty only a gimmick. Actuall warranty 2 years by manufacturer & 3 years extended warranty from insurance company. Honestly speaking once you want to make warranty claim they will find way and reason to reject those claim this happen after 2 years manufacturer warranty expiired and need insurance approval before job can be done.

My problem with VW car is on the after sale service. All the best.
Bro, thanks a lot. Your comments are concrete and true. I love cars and do mod my cars too. I just like Golf over Polo, so even the price is close (Polo GTi vs. Golf TSi), I would want a Golf anytime. I think it has more potential too, right?

Thanks also for sharing the warranty. Is it troublesome to claim thru insurance?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys. I want to know how did the block and piston get damage? Is it that we overboosting the car or is a wear & tear parts? Just want to know more knowledge. Just dont know any idea why a car can get white smoke from their car when it comes to old engine. Thanks for you help.

1. If the piston ring eat already, will this damage the block and piston if we dont change the piston ring and keeps on using it?

2. Izzit the piston and block is a stuff/ material that is very hard to get spoil...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience