Golf TSi to 180hp easily achieved?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I am planning to buy Golf TSi for my wife. When I check thru the specs, the Polo GTi uses similar engine compared to Golf TSi. Both 1.4L twincharged. My question:

1) Are they the same engine?
2) Polo GTi has 180hp vs. Golf TSi has 160hp.
3) Is it easily achievable 180hp in Golf TSi without major modification?
4) Will it be easy as cranking up the boost without mods?
5) How will the reliability be?

I've never owned a German car before and this really excites me.

Additionaly, Golf TSi is just RM12K away from Mazda 3 MPS (currently 15K discount). Anyone been in my situation before? Can you share why you selected Golf and not the 250hp MPS? Delimma making decisions. My wife wanted Golf because it's auto.

Thank you first! :)

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
VWs are great. IMO they were many parts available for upgrade (speed demons wise). cosmetic/bodyparts also comes in great options and looks.
driving wise feels great. be it in D, S and shiftronic mode. torque feels great along the RPM.
if i'm not mistaken the POLO GTI = GOLF TSI = CROSS TOURAN. uses the same engine. it was tune differently.

i would recommend u to register at the VW club malaysia. many infos can be obtained there. all of them are friendly.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

VWs are great. IMO they were many parts available for upgrade (speed demons wise). cosmetic/bodyparts also comes in great options and looks.
driving wise feels great. be it in D, S and shiftronic mode. torque feels great along the RPM.
if i'm not mistaken the POLO GTI = GOLF TSI = CROSS TOURAN. uses the same engine. it was tune differently.

i would recommend u to register at the VW club malaysia. many infos can be obtained there. all of them are friendly.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
thanks bro, can u gimme the link? is it FB? I don't have FB la...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Thanks all bros. I've joined the VWC. I'll try to arrange a test drive with the dealer next weekend before I make any decision.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am planning to buy Golf TSi for my wife. When I check thru the specs, the Polo GTi uses similar engine compared to Golf TSi. Both 1.4L twincharged. My question:

1) Are they the same engine?
2) Polo GTi has 180hp vs. Golf TSi has 160hp.
3) Is it easily achievable 180hp in Golf TSi without major modification?
4) Will it be easy as cranking up the boost without mods?
5) How will the reliability be?

I've never owned a German car before and this really excites me.

Additionaly, Golf TSi is just RM12K away from Mazda 3 MPS (currently 15K discount). Anyone been in my situation before? Can you share why you selected Golf and not the 250hp MPS? Delimma making decisions. My wife wanted Golf because it's auto.

Thank you first! :)
Better get the Polo GTI since it's much faster than the Golf TSi. It's smaller so easy enough for the wife, but can go quite fast for you. If you buy Golf TSi and try to mod it, then you forgone the warranty already and still not as fast as the Polo even if you manage to get the same power output. Moreover the fuel consumption would not be as good too due to heavier car than the Polo.

As for the MPS, it's on 15k discount already??? That means the car is not selling well. I personally don't like the look of it, and I think that level of power is a bit over already for FWD car. One of my friend had test driven it and he said the handling is not good as the torque steer is still too much and the chassis cannot match the power. But again this friend of mine is driving FD2R which is a great handling car for a high performance FWD.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok guys.. just helping my fren here.. he lost his avanza last week in front of his house in USJ.. its a brand new car which he just got like 1-2 week only.. blue colour with the plate no BJF 4493.. if seen please report police.. thanks.. hope u guys can help cause he is going to get married next week.. really pity him..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience