Going to puspakom for ownership transfer

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

My saga BLM is going to puspakom soon for ownership transfer from my mother to me.

What are the things should i look out for?

fyi, my rear drum brakes were converted to disc brakes before but it got a go from JPJ before i converted it. i am afraid i might get into trouble with it at puspakom. i heard alot of stories with puspakom. as well as my tinting, it does comply with jpj specs but some guy from puspakom actually advised me that it was too dark but a real inspection was never done before.

if i really get into trouble what should i do? i really wanna avoid as much trouble as possible and get the vehicle transferred to me...

i dun mind paying duit kopi... i just wan the least trouble and i feel that my car is pretty much roadworthy and not endangering anybody.

please advice.

thank you

Attachments

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Non-compliant tint would only cause your inspection fails, nothing big deal, so please don't go for 'duit kopi', it would land you in really big trouble my friend, remember ya.

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
what about exhaust..absorber..and colour change?

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my colour is the same... but i am using coilovers and also my exhaust modified but still having a oem muffler and the the cat converter still remains.

Non-compliant tint would only cause your inspection fails, nothing big deal, so please don't go for 'duit kopi', it would land you in really big trouble my friend, remember ya.
my tint i believe its compliant but its kinda new i afraid the light transmission might be little low by a 1 or 2%... but my car has been parked in open air parking for almost a year...

my biggest concern is actually the tinting... the removal and installation cost alot... i dun wan the test just fail because of 1 or 2% thing...

brakes and absorbers i am not worrying i can just swap back to the original one... just in case anything goes wrong...

but i just really wan to know what can i do in case puspakom fails my vehicle?

can i get somebody else to certify its road worthy?

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
how about the brakes and the absorber, should i change them back before going for inspection? anywhere outside that i can test exhaust emission?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Absorbers do not matter, but if the exhaust muffler gives out too loud noise it may be of concern.
Do you go for inspection yourself or take care by runner? Runner knows the details they give good help.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
for the tinting i suggest you just tear it off those puspakom fellas are dam fussy about tinting
i mean for ease of passing i think everything else should be in order from what you said
i dont think changing to disc brake is a problem

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005

what i meant was..if go to puspakom with
modded exhaust
adjustable absorber
colour change(different from in the grant)

is it ok?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
what i meant was..if go to puspakom with
modded exhaust
adjustable absorber

is it ok?
Well you should have had the car color changed on the geran when you sprayed the car. So technically, it should have been inspected back then to ensure new color is what you say it is and general Puspakom inspection I guess.

Not sure if they would make a big issue about it but worst case scenario they make you do it twice? As in inspection to have new color reflected in title and then only can transfer if not how you sell car not matching with geran?

Best find out lah, surely there are heaps of bros on ZTH know 1-2 runners can help SMS for this fella?

BUT to answer your question

"what i meant was..if go to puspakom with
modded exhaust
adjustable absorber

is it ok?"

I've passed with much worse but all through runners. Not something I'd just turn-up one morning and try on my own since I'm sure there is a 'system' for things to happen and only selected people (runners!) have been chosen to serve the rakyat LOL. Jokes aside, what you have on your car should be piece of cake for any runner worth his salt. Just a question of how you wanna go about it. I have a feeling you were going to do it on your own. If that's the case, I would be careful about making direct offers of cash! Don't be silly bro, if one were to do such a thing, one would utilize the runners but only IF one were go down that path.

Last edited:

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i don't really fancy about doing it myself.... this is the first time i heard about runners for puspakom, if there runners i would definitely go for runners... i just wan things to get done thats all... as long it does not give me any problems in the future...

Absorbers do not matter, but if the exhaust muffler gives out too loud noise it may be of concern.
btw, my exhaust are very quiet haha.... using oem mufflers... cheers...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i don't really fancy about doing it myself.... this is the first time i heard about runners for puspakom, if there runners i would definitely go for runners... i just wan things to get done thats all... as long it does not give me any problems in the future...

btw, my exhaust are very quiet haha.... using oem mufflers... cheers...
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea how everything works there. All I know is that I'll get the dealer to handle everything, what the car has is what he's got to work with meaning no stock parts available, etc. All I want is the names transferred or new number registered but keep old number but buy a new EX5, etc.

Basically tell them what I want done and they'll give me a price to cover their running around, fees, expenses, etc. I guess if they didn't have people working close with JPJ or at Puspakom then it would be harder for them to provide more added value services like finding old, old numbers and finding out the owners then helping to approach and buy for their customers.

Pretty sure you wouldn't have any problems with your mods. Don't know about this new ruling, does it involve a more strict inspection or what? Haven't bought or sold since it came about so haven't even read with details properly :confused:.

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
i've done most of my b5(change of ownership) inspection myself. even did 2 change of engine inspections but both were same cc so more or less similar to b5. what you should pay attention on is the rear brakes/hand brake and even more would be the tint.

when i went for change of engine number on my gti, they picked on my rear brakes. this is quite common when owner comes themselves. i made sure i checked this twice but still kena. so what i did was went to a shop nearby (jpj padang jawa), told the mech to triple check my brakes. after telling him about the inspection, he just wrote me a receipt to say "adjust brake" and he told me to put it on the dash which i did. the guys said "ini biasa punya, kalau tak pakai runner 1st time mesti fail". went there, queued up and the guy saw the receipt did the test and i passed the test. i didnt do jack to the brakes!

as for a more recent case, got stopped by jpj and told to go for inspection because of my rear windows which are privacy mirrors which came with the car. change to clear glass, went for inspection and they didnt even bother looking at the rear glass which i've changed. but instead they checked the front 3 (which they checked at the road blocked and certified legal) and said the wind screen tint is non compliant. so i was told to remove it there and then and passed the inspection.

conclusion is however cautious you are they will pick on something. its also a matter of luck.they'll make you come back and than pass you. that doesnt mean you shouldnt take the necessary precaution before going. as for the color, just tell them you just recently did this and would like this changed at one go. i did this when i changed engine number and they changed it on the registration card one shot car from blue to red.

hope this helps buddy.. good luck!

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if change ownership, normally puspakom dont really care, last time i went to transfer ownership of my car using 6000k hids.....but still lepas.....
rm10 per window if wanna remove, u budget around rm50 for all windows la....exclude the front. just be nice to them u will be fine....

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
just went puspakom today to do ownership transfer and gearbox endorsement..

my tint, the officer advised me to remove before going into the premise...because now if its not compliant,you cannot peel it on the spot, you need to pay the fee for inspection and on top of that you need to queue up all over again from the back if you want to reinspect.(rm30 for ownership transfer)

try to go to puspakom branches, not those main branch(padangjawa, wangsa maju) where they will test your brakes efficiency, exhaust emmision level and so on and so forth...

i only kena inspect tint, headlights, brake lights, hazard light, chassis number, engine block number, chassis check(to see if got welding not)

but now my car no more tint, and the old glue from my old tint really smelly and damn hard to remove...tomorrow have to go tint shop and get it re-tint.sigh...

car color must be changed first before going puspakom..if not thy wont allow since the color differs from the grant...

took me altogether 3.5 hours to get my cert...and rm55 bucks(ownership+gearbox endorsement)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi what could possibly cause the vibration to Perdana V6 during acceleration and braking? The vibration is felt during mild acceleration as well as light braking only. No vibration is felt during hard driving and braking.
I have replaced the front brake set, both lower arms, as well as both driveshafts. It still happens. What else?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience