Godzilla might hit the 500+hp mark

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

If there was ever a car that the world stood still for during its launch, the Nissan GT-R would probably walkthrough for that title. So don’t expect the next generation of the GT-R to receive anything short of the same red carpet treatment.

We mentioned it in our earlier reports before and the interwebs seem to be confirming it. The 2012 GT-R will be extensively modified to the point that it will no longer be considered a facelift but an all new model, being called the DBA-R35 over the previous gen’s CBA-R35.

As we suspected, power has breached the 500hp mark and according to GTRblog.com, that has stated a reliable source close to Nissan, power output would sit comfortably between the 530-540hp mark.

The chassis itself gets a load of strengthening along the firewall. Inside the engine bay, a new strut tower brace connects to the firewall for added stiffness. Expect the driving dynamics to be thoroughly revised too with a magnitude of alterations to the suspension geometry.

New lower arms, repositioned stabiliser bar and a changed shock absorber angle lead to increased caster angle of 6-degrees. The absorbers itself get an aluminium free piston design as well as revised spring, damping and valve rate changing rates for quicker reactions to altering road surface conditions. The driver will benefit immensely with the increased steering feedback and faster reactions to input.

Unsprung weight also gets dropped with new wheels, brakes and tyres. While the brakes on the current GT-R are nothing to complain about, the 2012 version will get increased rotor size, up to 390mm from 380mm, that are covered with newly designed forged aluminium wheels from Rays that cut an astounding 3kg from each corner. Two sets of tyres will be available to warp the Rays wheels, Bridgestone RE070R R2 and Dunlop Sp Sport Mazz GT 600 DSST CTT.

Aero has also been made slicker with a revised front bumper, rear diffuser and rear underspoiler that cuts drag and bumps up downforce by 10 per cent. Heat is channeled out from the GT-R’s exhaust and rear differential by new rear vents that allow the GR6 tranny fluid and differential fluid to operate at a lower temp. The redesigned rear bumper also got an LED strip inserted in it to function as a flog light that conforms with EU regulations.

Of course, a new model can’t be launched without the usual array of cosmetic changes. The 2012 GT-R is expected to come in seven different variations once on the showroom floor.

The base Pure Edition will be the cheapest to buy followed by the Black Edition, Premium Edition, Club Track Edition, SpecM, SpecV and the S-Tec GT-R (ST1). While no details are available yet on the variations in spec between the models, news from the grapevine has suggested that an official announcement regarding the SpecM will be available on 18 October 2010 following its launch at Nissan HQ in Yokohama, Japan, the day earlier.

Source: WorldCarFans and GTRblog.com

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
nice upgrade..

but pls...

somebody help this godzilla find its way to weight-loss centre :adore:

TAR35

Aug 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
nice upgrade..

but pls...

somebody help this godzilla find its way to weight-loss centre :adore:
As said by the Nissan chief engineer,the weight is not very important if you can achieve the perfect balance of the car. Balance is much important in this case. And that's why despite of 100kg more than it's rival weight,R35 manage to complete the lap faster than it's rival. In this case,as per Autocar review,it is faster than Porsche 911 Turbo and Audi R8 V10.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yes..the performance level was quite high...but what is the point if u can go fast only for a few laps...and after that crawling like amputated tiger....

have power but can't use it all the way..especially on tight circuit...(maybe nissan need to JV with tyre manufacturer to design custom tyre to cope with all the gtr weights...

:adore:

my 0.00001cents of opinion only..

charles27

Mar 14, 2009
sadly local nissan is not carrying the gtr, else would be cheaper to purchase, and convenient to service too. Got money but no car to buy. Why dont they selling it? would be easily sold 100+ unit. One for me... kakakaka

myakac

Jun 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i envy how fast GTR evolve together with the company and nissan engineer vision. japan really know how to not waste time and talent....why it doesn't happen in malaysia? sigh

Last edited:

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
yes..the performance level was quite high...but what is the point if u can go fast only for a few laps...and after that crawling like amputated tiger....

have power but can't use it all the way..especially on tight circuit...(maybe nissan need to JV with tyre manufacturer to design custom tyre to cope with all the gtr weights...

:adore:

my 0.00001cents of opinion only..
What made you think the GTR can only go fast for a few laps? (think FIA GT1 Championships, Japanese Super GT)

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
What made you think the GTR can only go fast for a few laps? (think FIA GT1 Championships, Japanese Super GT)
As you can see GTR in the FIA GT1 and Super GT do not use the V6 twin turbo engine as in the normal road versions. THey have the V8 N/a engine instead. Do Google it out!! Cheers

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
As you can see GTR in the FIA GT1 and Super GT do not use the V6 twin turbo engine as in the normal road versions. THey have the V8 N/a engine instead. Do Google it out!! Cheers
I never said it was using the same engine as the production model for its races. The VK45DE is awesome, but I'm just curious why he said the VR38DETT engine can't sustain for a long period of time. Is it because of it's twin turbos?

Do educate us commoners. Cheers.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I never said it was using the same engine as the production model for its races. The VK45DE is awesome, but I'm just curious why he said the VR38DETT engine can't sustain for a long period of time. Is it because of it's twin turbos?

Do educate us commoners. Cheers.

errrr...sir....did i mention any about engine????

-or did i say about tyre???pls read properly ya... :adore:

weight is the number one enemy for the tyre performance..heavier weight means that tyre lifespan (good grip temperature range) shorten tremendously in a prolonged run (long laps in track especially)

power is useless without control...without grips...u were getting nowhere...imagine wheelspin everywhere...

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
It's proven. There are some explanation on the Initial D early episode between the R32 vs AE86 battle.

That's wht those GTR in GTs had massive mass reduction.

errrr...sir....did i mention any about engine????

-or did i say about tyre???pls read properly ya... :adore:

weight is the number one enemy for the tyre performance..heavier weight means that tyre lifespan (good grip temperature range) shorten tremendously in a prolonged run (long laps in track especially)

power is useless without control...without grips...u were getting nowhere...imagine wheelspin everywhere...
Yeah brudder. It's proven. Heavy body causes more grip to the ground. But also abuse the tyre more.

Also, abuse the brakes too.

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
another example in Initial D is when GTR 34 vs. FD3S, the tyre only lasted one run. In closing stages, the GTR is struggling with grip.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

help! there was some stupid construction going on nearby, and the road was filled with watery cement, so now my fenders and some of my bumper has cement stains on them..

how to remove!? scratch it off slowly?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience