General Election Coming Up: Have You Registered Yourself As A Voter?

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
GENERAL ELECTION COMING UP: HAVE YOU REGISTERED YOURSELF AS A VOTER?

Now you can check online for your details.Just enter your IC numbers here-->
SEMAKAN DAFTAR PEMILIH SPR

TAKEN FROM Official Website for Election Commission of Malaysia

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] WHAT IS MEANT BY THE REGISTRATION OF ELECTORS ?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Registration of Electors, as provided for under the law, enables qualified Malaysian citizens to register as electors. The registration is carried out throughout the year. In addition it allows the Registered Electors who have changed their addresses to register at the new addresses. Electors are also encouraged to check their names in the verified Electoral Rolls.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHY DO YOU NEED TO REGISTER ?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To secure your right to vote in an election and exercise your right as a citizen.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHO IS A QUALIFIED ELECTOR?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Malaysian citizen
Has attained 21 years of age:
Is residing in any Electoral Constituency in Malaysia; and
Has not been disqualified for reasons given under the laws.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HOW TO R[/FONT]EGISTER[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Go personally to the Registration Centre;
Take along your Identity Card;
Ensure Form A is correctly filled by the staff before signing the form; and
Keep one copy of the form as proof of your registration.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHERE CAN YOU REGISTER ?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Election Commission of Malaysia Headquarters
OR
State Election Offices

OR
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All Post Offices with computer facilities in the country;
Commission’s mobile teams;
AND
Other places specified by the Election Commission as Registration Centres.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PERIOD FOR REGISTRATION OF ELECTORS[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]During office hours thoughout the year.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN FILLING IN REGISTRATION FORM (FORM A)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. The applicant's name must be written according to his Identity Card use CAPITAL LETTERS.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 2. Provide complete information regarding Identity Card :[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 2.1 New I/C number (12 Digits)
2.2 Previous I/C number (8 Digits)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 3. If the applicant does not possess any previous I/C number, state "TIADA" in the space provided.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. The applicants address must be that of his residence where he can be contacted by mail (state the post code number).

5. Specify on the form whether it is a new application or application for change of address.

6. Ensure that the applicant receive a copy of the registration form as proof of his registration.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HOW TO CHECK THE REGISTRATION STATUS [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A registered elector can check his or her registration status by the following methods:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1) telephone the headquarters of the Election Commission or the State Director Election and furnishing name and Identity Card number;
2) via internet at Laman Web Rasmi Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya Malaysia
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ON-LINE CHECKING OF ELECTROL ROLL[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For further information, please contact us at :[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Laman Web Rasmi Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya Malaysia

[/FONT]or
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya Malaysia
Aras 4-5 Blok C7
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
62690 Putrajaya
Tel : 03-88856500
[/FONT]​
REGISTER NOW AND EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE.

Last edited:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Honestly, I tell my friends not to bother registering. Not to mean anything but the local govt, whatever party it is, hardly make any changes anyway. But that's just me.

Grimster

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
Visit site
I think everyone should just register and vote..its not really a hassle nor izzit costly. Just take part in it. vote for the opposition or the current govt if u like. just vote.It does not get simpler than that. i think one should not take things for granted nor complicate the simple process.

JasperSSP

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
How come there is no way to register online?

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
i register already...and voted once back in 2003......so have to balik kampung and vote again i........anyway.....its really fun during elections time.....seeing all those posters and propaganda really make it look like festive seasons.....hahahahahhaa......anyway.....im not saying im pro gomen....but my parlimentary representative from BN really did a good job back home....cant say bout the state candidate tho'.......and best part.....go and find BN party worker....thosed barger are full and loaded with cigarettes.....hahahaaa

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
They should have a vote for lousiest business place, or restaurant or etc. Then the winner of lousiest place will be shut down by govt. hahaha

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
I WANNA VOTE!!!
juz for the sake of voting...
coz i never did...
whens' G.elec anyway?

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
duno.. nvr come across my mind..hahahaa but but if any will offer say lowerdown petrol n tol price.. dat party definately will get my vote

wuzzles

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
not to preach, but everyone should register and everyone should vote. Had a lecturer once tell me, you vote is your voice. Win or lose, you have voiced it.

If your right to vote has been removed forcefully (or never given to you), you will cry foul, unfair, unjust. Imagine the struggle some ppl go through just to have that right. The african americans in the late 1800s, the woman voters in some countries. They are not fighting to have their favourite party win, then just want to state, "i'm not invisible when people deciding about our future".

Voting is not about winning, losing, majority, phantom votes, will-never-win etc... It's about saying, "i've said my piece, now let the other say theirs" :)

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
i have neither plan to register nor to vote. why? like what those of you who always say we must register since voting is our right as a citizen.

Exactly!

Voting is our right, that mean we have the right to choose who we wishes to vote, which in my opinion we can choose to vote for "none" as well. Why? because it is one of the choice.

If we are forced to vote, isn't it the same thing as taking away our freedom? What if i have no opinion on who should win? Lets say you are from BN, and i do not know who i should vote and have to simply choose one, will you take the risk of me simply choose the oposite party or just have me not vote?

whatever it is, i belief voting is our freedom, our voice, and we can choose to voice our opinion or to keep quiet. For me, there's no point in voting at where i live, really, for the pass 10 years as i'm aware, there's no difference in who represent my area, if i don't look at it, i won't even know if it had turn for the good or bad, so i'm okay with whoever rulez. If i'm forced to vote, i'd end up writing cross on all the fields and write Naruto FTW below it.. who cares...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
rollakid,
That's the reason for me not wanting to vote no more.

Personally, the way I see it, why is it that my area only have 2 parties for me to vote for? Why is it then called a vote? Put ALL the parties on the voting form. Whichever party gets the most vote will win. By putting only 2 or 3 parties on the voting form, the system is still forcing the people to vote for those parties. I have NO other choice to vote for parties that are not in my area. Hence my decision for not voting no more.

And what if a party that consists of mostly non-muslims wins the entire general election? This means that BN have to back down. Will the govt allow a mostly non-muslim party to be the ruling party? Somehow, there's a tingle in me that tells me that the govt won't allow that. Means, in direct words, racially inclined decisions will take place.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The main question of the cars owners whether it is necessary to wash engine or not. Let's find concrete arguments for and against washing the engine.

Oh gosh... Never wash before because afraid might harm the parts.

Look at the dirt accumulated after 12 years when owner obtained the car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience