Gen2 MIVEC

vitrous

Known Member
Jun 18, 2005
Pahang
theres lotsa stuff we can do 2 upgrade the campro performance try go check out Protech 2 stand alone ecu thread a 4AGZE can become a beast producing 300hp its just a turbo charged 1.6 liter engine.
if campro can reach 300HP..wwwoooo....must be very good lar...can masuk magazine lar..haha...i've never seen ppl mod their gen2..(on engine compartment la..)

ojilynn

Aug 10, 2006
someday somebody will comes up with a better idea than mine but what the heck... just a peace of my mind... waiting for PROTON's guys releasing the true CAMPRO feels like ages.... When will we see 200++ hp from our CAMPRO engine? we'll never knows

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Full transplant means has to go to JPJ, Puspakom and bla bla bla.... If it can be done, just put back the original engine cover and nobody will notice... hehehehe... some might say... put a 'toyol' in the car..
The next big problem is U still need to reconsider is how to use the Mivec short ratio gearbox with your modded campro+mivec blend (if success la)

Current campro gearbox ratio & spec same with waja one. Not really suitable for Mivec ratio.

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
The next big problem is U still need to reconsider is how to use the Mivec short ratio gearbox with your modded campro+mivec blend (if success la)

Current campro gearbox ratio & spec same with waja one. Not really suitable for Mivec ratio.
bro, the gearbox is the same? from which model? the campro based or the mitsubishi based??

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
gen2 uses mitsu designed gearbox its a F5M41 its da same code no for mivec transmissions but the ratio could be different n mivec does not use narow ratio it uses wide ratio on the lower gears and narrow ratio at higher gears,the most important is the final drive ratio that affects the whole gear ratios.

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
oh...ok ok.. hmmm one thing i noticed with my neo is the 2nd gear.. really slow. im planning to change the 2nd gear to 1.3..so can i take it from gen2??

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
The best option is still plonk a CK4A/CJ4A mivec halfcut into your neo. No doubt about it.

If u want to redo the Neo gearbox ratio with Mivec one, don't think it will work!

Mivec CK4A ratio are all short and good in every gears particularly 3rd & 4th.

I used to drove Lancer Mivec CK4A/CJ4A before (body same like Evo 4-6).

What i can say is the gear ratio a bit stronger than B16A Vtec (stock form).

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
The best option is still plonk a CK4A/CJ4A mivec halfcut into your neo. No doubt about it.

If u want to redo the Neo gearbox ratio with Mivec one, don't think it will work!

Mivec CK4A ratio are all short and good in every gears particularly 3rd & 4th.

I used to drove Lancer Mivec CK4A/CJ4A before (body same like Evo 4-6).

What i can say is the gear ratio a bit stronger than B16A Vtec (stock form).
oh...... hmmmm,but im not planning to change engine yet.. still new. wanna play with it.. :) how bout if i just plonk it the gearbox only? or is there any way to change my gear ratio?

thanks~

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
gen2 and satria neo uses the same gbox but the mount point is nt da same,gen2 and neo uses mitsu F5M41 its made in japan same goes to waja 1.6,bt there is a secret that proton haven told the public the satria neo 1.3 gbox has revised final gear ratio its more wider so u get better torque at all the gear speed try get a neo 1.3 gbox sure u will feel more power but nt sure bout FC could be higher.The reason proton revised the ratio for the 1.3 is because the campro 1.3 is really underpowered so wider final gear ratio will improve acceleration and top end.

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
oh......ok. hmmmm how bout if i take certain gears only? like gear 2? is it possible?

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
if u revise ur 2nd gear ratio only,and leave all the other ratio standard u wont get a balanced power transfer. Dats why its best u leave all the gears ratio standard and revise ur final drive coz the final drive gear affects all the other gears.Do you have Gran Turismo 4 game 4 da PS2 if u hav u try play that game and mess around wit the gear ratio individually u will undrstand what im talkin about,if u want wider ratio u need to widen ur 1,2,3 gear then u will get balance 4th and 5th is usually narrower.

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
oh.... yeah. one of my friend did final drive at FTD with straight cut i think.. damm fierce la the sound... n expensive also. rm 2600 :( sobs. no money for that...

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
thats where the power lies bro the final gear if u hav more money u can install a LSD u will certainly improve ur pick up big time,n gen2 1.6 and Neo 1.6 ratio exactly the same so no point changing.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
oh...... hmmmm,but im not planning to change engine yet.. still new. wanna play with it.. :) how bout if i just plonk it the gearbox only? or is there any way to change my gear ratio?

thanks~
Mivec CK/CJ gearbox hard to find. If u got one, consider u are damn lucky!.

Change the gear ratio for Neo won't give much different in power since Campro engine output is not much.

Senang2 got for bolt on turbo jer lah. Check some postings on Gen2 Turbo at Force Induction Thread.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My fren prefers to manually shift gear (low to higher) whenever the needle reaches 4k rpm. Nothing lower than that. He like to tarik longer becoz it feels sportier getting stuck to his seat. He oso like the exhaust note.

My mechanic tarik and then change gear, just by listening to the engine rev. He says only greenhorns look at rpm meter when driving on the road wor.

As for me, I tarik until 3k rpm becoz wanna safe petrol, Besides, my car engine oredi old old and vibrates oso...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience