Gen 2 really that bad?

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
manhunt said:
on top of that,there's alot more you can meddle with this car..
agree razak ?

hhehe agree with you but make sure new car no problems first over a period of time before modding...

manhunt

you in Korea now eh?

sage

500 RPM
Jan 5, 2005
KL/PJ
Visit site
im actually planning to GEN-2 Ver b. heard of this? supposed to be tha latest with leather seats, rear spoiler etc... and problems solved. correct me if i'm wrong. worth to buy? a little scared too. fren car caught fire after 4 days old. But that was the first batch....

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Its the highline version. I think not all the problems solved. Don't take the risk :p

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
im not pro or against the gen2.. but just thought id tell u guys that i just saw a gen2 breakdown in mutiara damansara right in the middle of the road.. plate WNE summore.. but for the benefit of the doubt maybe owner forgot to isi minyak.. :P

peace

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
razaksa said:
hhehe agree with you but make sure new car no problems first over a period of time before modding...

manhunt

you in Korea now eh?
yup.. still in korea, summore terlepas the trackday.. how about if we have it in pasir gudang?

for G2s, all i can say is more on luck basis, its like buying a lottery for proton cars.
oh, the popular belief is that...
if you got the always kong punya proton, then its a genuine proton.

anyway enjoy this..
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/furosya/f2f83fce.jpg

Last edited:

milo

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
kl
i just sat in a gen.2 just now... my first time... at the back seat. entered and sat down only, head kena the roof... i am not very tall la, 17x cm only, but very uncomfortable la can say. my gf 16x cm sth, she also kena. but slightly better for her la... the door opener also quite fragile... when pulling that time, feels like it can break any time... quite scary la. cos my friend car ma... if break then have to pay la... the engine quite noisy la, from what i heard, sounds like my wira with airfuilter... hehe... don know only his car or what... his car is auto. anyway just my 2 cent experience.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
my neighbour's Gen2... on the 9th day of picking it up from the dealers, the autobox kong!! sent to service center for replacement... proton say it will take 3-4 weeks!! crazy!! 3-4 weeks without a car!! u buy a new car to get away from these kind of things from happening... buying a new car should'nt be a gamble!!

rusty_mamba

Sep 17, 2005
kuala kumpur
its not that bad lorrr.....

CyborgR said:
been asking comment for gen 2, but all feedback are bad more then good.
any gen2 owner out there? need some comment here.
hi there,acctually gen2 its not that bad,.if compare to other proton cars before,i agree if u says theres only a minor problem in gen2.but its not that bad as u think.mayb people just add the stories.by the way,its a nice cars to drive,.....

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
I think Waja is better :p. Compare Gen2 with other car maker also la. Hehe. Before this I tend to fixed my mind saying that Gen2 is ok, and not bad, and whatever cos i'm driving one. But now after tested other smaller and cheaper cars, I can say that Gen2 kinda sucked.

Nov 7, 2005
Gen2? Well, I heard a lot of complaints about Proton, be it quality or after sales services. Conclusion, spend more if possible, never buy Proton. Go for Mitsubishi Lancer (old model, instead) Their price is about the same or MyVi is a better choice. Below is one of the example.

Dear all,
I need all yours help. Actuall this is my case, please help me spread out this news.
I own a proton wira 1.5A, I sent my car for second service(miliage 6k) at Johor Bahru Larkin EON service center(Jalan Langkasuka) on last saturday(17/9/05) morning. At the same time I make my complaint for my car's engine, it got abnormal sound inside. After the service advisor(Azhari_A) heard the situation, he told me is a major problem, estimate 2 weeks to fix the problem.
OK, that's just nice, I need to went to KL for job training 2 weeks(18/9/05 until 30/9/05) onward and go there by bus, so I told the service advisor I can left my car there for them to solve the problem for 2 weeks, and he can call me if anything need my attention.
So Monday I already at KL training, they no called up. Tuesday(19/9/05) afternoon the service advisor called up, telling me that my car already flushed the engine and ready for collect. BUT!!! He told me that they got the advise from EON HQ and PROTON manufacturing people that, the engine sound will be disappeared when keep driving until 15k ~ 20k mileage. I CAN'T ACCEPT THIS SOLUTION!!! So, I straight told them I can't accept this solution.
Tuesday night I called their 24 hours customer service hotline(1800883003), show them that I am very unsatisfaction by their service. Then wednesday morning their EON HQ executive(Ms Chua) called up, she told me she will follow up by co-ordinate with the manager at JB branch.
Thursday I called up Ms Chua cause I wait her news until noon but she never called up. After that she told me that they were still trying to contact each other, whatever.
Friday JB assistant branch manager called me up, still telling the same STORY, asked me to drive the car until 15k to 20k then the sound will be disappeared. I REALLY CAN'T ACCEPT THEIR ATTITUDE OF SERVICING CUSTOMER.
Today I went there, I met the Manager there with my brother and the assistant manager together. So, they telling me that drive the car until the mileage then the sound will be dissapeared, so I request a report from them, I need them to state there that what they telling me, what their solution. So, if my car's engine really broken down on the half road, they must compensate for my loss and rental for a car, due to because I am working as a outdoor service personal, I need the car during my working hours. I only request for a small matter they also can't satisfied me. THEY CAN'T MAKE IT! They can't make any promise or report for that. SO, what all they telling me just like a story. Actually when I talking to them really voice up,
because is really angry, this matter gave me a lot of pressure, wasting my time and money. At the last, you know how the manager do, "HE SAID, YOU WANT TAKE YOUR CAR NOW, TAKE IT, DON'T WANT, YOU GO OUT FROM MY OFFICE, DON'T ANGRY HERE"
Thanks for all you hearing my case, please let all your friends know this kind of service they provided if they intend to buy a PROTON car. So, I not yet collect my car, I am planning what to do right now, so anyone know who or which department I can get my help or advise, please let me know.
Thank you very much!

YOURS SINCERELY,
TAN HWA CHYUAN
780829-01-6347

manhunt

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
put it this way lah..gen2 is not a bad car afterall..its a car for the boy racers wannabe.
i think its the driver that doesnt have the chemistry with Gen2.
the driver doesnt suit gen2's character..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good afternoon~

Nowadays, all kind of Carbon Fiber parts appeared in the market. More and more people getting it especially hood and GT Wing. So, I would like to ask...

How you guys take care/maintain your carbon fiber product to keep it shiny over years?

Normal wax?
Water clean?
Car wash shampoo?

Hope sifu sifu here can enlighten me. :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience