gas smell and exhaust smell leaking into the car backseat

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
hei Zths... i am having a problem with my iswara 1.3 which is 14years old already.. it is still perfectly running but i was just wondering why is there gas and exhaust smell leaking into my car... i have posted this threat quite a while ago but didnt had any feedback from members over here... it is not the charcoal canister because my car doesnt have one.. i really hope someone can help me with this problem because the smell is causing very bad headache.. i have consulted a few workshop but non of them knows what is the problem.. please help.. your help will be highly appriciated... :biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro,

it could be there is an hole somewhere at the booth area or underneath your body....

your car is the hatchback right? cause if it leaks through the booth area it can come in through your back seats....try to strip your stuff in the booth area,spare tire,carpet and all and search for holes...and that might be the cause of the smell....

can you only get the smell or have you even seen smoke at the back ?

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
thx for replying... nop.. there isnt any sign of smoke coming out from the back.. yes it is a hatch back.. i will try do that when i am on my part time again.. the smell only comes when i touch 40kmh and above.. it didnt use to be that bad... anyways thx for your advice bro.. =)

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
no problem bro...im pretty sure that is the cause of the smell/leak...

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Other than that, it might be from your center console where your handbrake and gear stick located. Seals might have gone bad...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
hei Zths... i am having a problem with my iswara 1.3 which is 14years old already.. it is still perfectly running but i was just wondering why is there gas and exhaust smell leaking into my car... i have posted this threat quite a while ago but didnt had any feedback from members over here... it is not the charcoal canister because my car doesnt have one.. i really hope someone can help me with this problem because the smell is causing very bad headache.. i have consulted a few workshop but non of them knows what is the problem.. please help.. your help will be highly appriciated... :biggrin:

check your petrol filler pipe... there is some section made of rubber hos near the tank..

which usually the common place to have cracks on older cars...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<CITE class=auth>Malaysia's Proton approached to sell Lotus</CITE>
<CITE class=auth></CITE>
<CITE class=auth>Reuters - Thursday, December 27</CITE>

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 27 - A Malaysian car-maker has approached the country's biggest auto firm, Proton Holdings Bhd, to buy Proton's controlling stake in British sports-car subsidiary, Lotus, the Malaysian Reserve said on Thursday.
<SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience