Gallardo STS now in Malaysia!

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Several months ago, I wrote about the final production Gallardo. Debuting in September 2011 at the Frankfurt Motorshow, The Super Trofeo Stradale – let’s just call it the STS, shall we – is the Gallardo’s last hurrah before it’s replacement arrives in 2013-14. Essentially, the STS is a lightweight version of a lightweight version of a Gallardo. If that sounds extreme, that’s because it is. Inspired by the Blancpain Super Trofeo, the STS maintains the 5.2-litre V10 unit from the Superleggera that delivers 570PS and 540Nm and is mated to the trusty 6-speed E-Gear.

I recently received word that the first STS had arrived in Malaysia which prompted me to make my way towards the Lamborghini showroom. Seeing the STS in the flesh is quite an experience; in this special Rosso Mars colour, the STS is quite an imposing sight, even when parked next to an Aventador! Lamborghini Kuala Lumpur is certainly doing a commendable job with bringing in the newest baddest bad boys to this region.

Let's quickly go through the changes in this most hardcore Gallardo, shall we?

Huge aero wing, taken from the Blancpain Super Trofeo race series, this wing is made of carbonfibre and helps to ensure rear visibility is kept to a minimum. After all, in a Lambo like this, who needs to look backwards? Oh! three times extra downforce is an added bonus.

The standard spec Superleggera wheels have been given a gloss black treatment. These forged 19" alloys save 13kg and look helluva good.

The rear bumper has been re-profiled, and again, given extensive carbonfibre treatment. The gorgeous matte tips from the Superleg has been maintained.

Inside, there are many cues to remind you that you are in the most special Gallardo around. The driver is swathed in a sea of Alcantara and once more, carbonfibre.

From the cockpit, you will notice that the dials are now white, instead of the regular black. Turn the key and the dials will light up in orange and red, compared to the white/red unit in the LP560. A subtle red strip on the steering wheel reminds you that this is the STS.

Seats are basically unchanged. They're more eye-catching now, though...

On the inside, the door handles have been removed, replaced instead by this pullstring. Hardcore lightweight? Hell yeah! Notice the carbonfibre on the door-sills?

Apart from Super Trofeo decals, this front splitter is unchanged from the regular Superleg. One interesting to note is the position of this decal. On this STS, you'll notice that it is on the right side. In Europe, generally on the left. Yes - the decal follows the driver!

So there you have it; a quick summary of the STS. Whilst I wasn't able to take the STS out for a spin, the good news is that I'm waiting for a contact to collect his, estimated to arrive in mid-2012. Let's see how things pan out over the next few months, shall we? In the meantime, you can check out all the pictures of the STS here.

Attachments

neo8255

Known Member
Jul 4, 2007
red don't really match the bull...

still prefer the orange lp570-4... =)

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
LOL! Tom; I did NOT think of it as the Redbull :biggrin:

I must agree that red isn't a conventional Lamborghini colour. That said, Rosso (red) is actually Italy's racing colour (akin to British racing green, or Bleu de France). I think that it is fitting in some ways.

Then again, I'm also a sucker for Lambos ;)

Btw - if you meant the orange Gallardo in my pics, that's actually a LP560, and not a LP570. You can tell by the front bumper that doesn't have the carbon bits:

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
With the 4 points strap, the rear view mirror is useless, so doesn't matter how big the rear wing is, and luckily the rear view display has rather wide view. Hehe

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the comments, guys! Even though three colours are offered (red, black, white), I suspect that most owners will go for Rosso Mars.

Actually, Lambos actually do look good in red... especially Gallardos. Rosso Vik (now Rosso Efesto) and Rosso Andromeda as examples...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the comments, guys! Even though three colours are offered (red, black, white), I suspect that most owners will go for Rosso Mars.

Actually, Lambos actually do look good in red... especially Gallardos. Rosso Vik (now Rosso Efesto) and Rosso Andromeda as examples...
Ah Lambo would probably look nice in just about any colour, ...except maybe pink!:biggrin:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not good in pink? I wouldn't be too sure about that...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Since my Lancer Engine swap I feel I should do a brake upgrade.

I am lucky that my lancer already has fairly good brakes, with rear disks but I now have about 60% more BHP.

On the back I think I can just put upgraded brake pads but I would like to go bigger on the front.

Current standard set up is 276 MM vented as per here:

I am running 16 inch wheels (which I would like to keep)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience