FYI - Tokio Marine Decline to Renew Mit Lancer Insurance Renewal

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
While I am in the process of renewing my Insurans......

This Funny Insurance Company Name as Tokio Marin rejected the renewal.
My ride has been attached with them for 4yrs and now come to another renewal they decline to process it. while I called and ask them and they replied that their company decided not to accept any Mit Lancer premium since May 2010......

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

SO........should we MLOC banned Tokio Marine also ??????

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Zha dao...why refuse to renew leh? :hmmmm2:
Still a valid and legal car what..Proton rebadge Mit.Lancer is a different story all together ma...haih :banghead:

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Did they even give you a reason why?
Reason given was due to their company policy ......
their company decided not to accept any Mit Lancer premium since May 2010......

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

i think time to switch to other insurance company.....
Yeah...all bro here....try to avoid Tokio Marine ........please jump out from this company and renew with others company if you can..........:stupid:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
could it be cos of the upcoming waja? there shouldnt be a reason for them to decide NOT to accept the lancer since it's still a fairly new car. anyway, its not a monopoly out there...many other vehicle insurance companies...they dont want business, their loss.

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
screw them for an answer y they have decided not to accept and u being their loyal cust for the past 4 years has the right to know the reason y,

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Funny...I got one similar story linked to this tokyo marine insurance too. A fren of mine told me that there was this one guy who owns an evo 4 fully converted to 6.5 was using pan-global rocks insurance. Pan-global was taken over by tokyo marine few years ago. So this fella he insured his evo around 100k if I'm not mistaken and his car was stolen right before Pan-global was taken over. So, tokyo marine rightfully should compensate to this guy but they offered him around rm30k only I heard! So now become court case edy...I dunno wats the update. Stay away from this lousy insurance!

BEan

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Klang
www.devoteesofcharade.com
take kurnia insurance la.they have improved a lot.and their customer service is way better than tokio marine. eg. online enquiries.tokio marine don't even bother to reply ur email but kurnia does immediately.try to call the tokio marine claims officer handling ur car wont answer at all.threaten to use other insurance then only call back.so i'm switching back to kurnia next renewal.

davidyapdls

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro....don't ever ever take kurnia.....will regret if you wanna make claims.....even though they improved but still lack....i'm dealing with insurance claims so i know......

just my 2 cents thought......just wanna share and sorry if i offended anyone here...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
- Kurnia has improved in customer service but their claims is still crap. And they can really undercut you when you do claim.

- Tokio Marine has a really good claiming system and is relatively fast in processing. But according to the posts here, looks like their customer service is crap and they aren't insuring the Lancer??? Why the hell not?

- Etiqa is run by Maybank now and it's very easy to subscribe with them. Phone call and that's it. So far my claims (windscreen 2 times already) are super fast, I get my cash within a week after submission. It's more of a DIY friendly insurance company - I don't like and don't use agents.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche owners took their cars to the ultimate test, while training their own reflexes and pushing limits at the Porsche Circuit Training session on the 14th January 2012. More than 30 owners of various Porsche models took part in this event that saw Cayman, GT3 and 911 burning rubber on the tracks at exceptionally high speeds on that day.

The Porsche Circuit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience