FYI - Oz Toyota TRD Aurion

GTII

Oct 19, 2004
Just thought you Toyota guys might be interested to know this.

In Oz, the Aurion is basically an upspec Camry with a 3.5L V6.
But TRD Aust has gone one up by putting an Eaton twin vortices supercharger...
and accompanying body, interior and suspension mods.

I have included link for those interested.

Toyota Aurion &raquo Australian Car Advice | News Blog

Read from the bottom up.

Yes, some parts of the writeup wasnt as good, but then some reviewed it quite well at the same time. So I guess beleive what you ..until you have actually driven it. I will be doing it soon.

GTII

Oct 19, 2004
err..the link I posted had the sequence of events ..up to the current status..
which they say has the sales been indefinitely suspended ..
but they will resell the cars again after further investigations.
they have invested too much in it to not continue.

as we know the camry/ aurion is a great car (although not sure if its a drivers car) but the formula is quite simple. great engine which is sold on all aurions..and will continue to sell.. and the supercharge is also of great quality.
the people who put it together is Prodrive..also another known company for their rallying preparation etc.
so i m incline to think that the engine failure is a once off... hopefully haha

if anything they should have fixed the 2zz engines as in the celicas and corolla sportivos (which I havent seen in Msia). I have heard a few problems with them especially also when 2 of my friends had the problems..ie hard application though..one on the track and the other on a drag circuit.
oh well..

GTII

Oct 19, 2004
been informed by one of the guys at toyota thats the car is back on sale now. havent read any official news on it yet tho
the incident with the engine was apparently a once off .. rumoured to be a bit of a silly abuse by one of the ppl who drove it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guy's,
how many of you here willing to spent for oversize with sleeves kit? Also to risk it? I happen to have extra engine kosong lying around and having a thought to "build" it. Im looking to oversize it from 79mm to 82mm with darton sleeves kit.

but i've reading that sleeves wasnt easy to install. It required very skillfull mech to do it. Else risk sleeves moves or so on. This question me is it wise to do so? Im going sleeves as i want total reliability. Not to mention gasket

thn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience