fuel regulator

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
1.8 Mivec 38-42PSI on idle...WOT i think should be around 46psi...
thanx bro..
been tweaking the press for few time alr..
previously set idle at 38 but could not support..
now set idle at 44psi..
but at wot only manage to get 58psi..
some say in wot need to reach around 62psi..
or something wrong alr..
anybody know bout this..

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
thanx bro..
been tweaking the press for few time alr..
previously set idle at 38 but could not support..
now set idle at 44psi..
but at wot only manage to get 58psi..
some say in wot need to reach around 62psi..
or something wrong alr..
anybody know bout this..

hmmm not too sure if its suppose to be that high, even b18c set at 40 on idle..now that you're on 44psi...does the car feel sluggish? or is the any popping sound upon deceleration ?

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
hmmm not too sure if its suppose to be that high, even b18c set at 40 on idle..now that you're on 44psi...does the car feel sluggish? or is the any popping sound upon deceleration ?
at 44psi ok already but what worries me that the wot press not enough..
while deceleration also ok..
now running bigger injector.. 275..
will tweak around to find best setting..
if too rich then will try standard injector again..
really tiring to find the best setting for the engine..

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
at 44psi ok already but what worries me that the wot press not enough..
while deceleration also ok..
now running bigger injector.. 275..
will tweak around to find best setting..
if too rich then will try standard injector again..
really tiring to find the best setting for the engine..

i know how you feel bro..of course the best is send for tuning then they will be check whats the best settings.

budak.baru

Feb 12, 2009
Bro, i wanna ask something

i've set my AFPR to 3bar, but then i not moving(idling) and play with throttle. i see the meter is going down merely to 0bar normally when the engine rev going above 5k rpms(revving when idling lah..) never check when when i blast the engine....as meter in the engine bay... :hmmmm:

so far i had not pinging/detonation sound from engine... plug are abit black/brownish.

Bump: Bro, i wanna ask something

i've set my AFPR to 3bar, but then i not moving(idling) and play with throttle. i see the meter is going down merely to 0bar normally when the engine rev going above 5k rpms(revving when idling lah..) never check when when i blast the engine....as meter in the engine bay... :hmmmm:

so far i had not pinging/detonation sound from engine... plug are abit black/brownish.

BzboDi

Jan 30, 2008
interesting subject.. i have this popping sound coming out from my exhaust when i decelerate.. what could this mean pleasee ?? been having it for quite some time already even after the car was tuned (e-manage) :hmmmm::hmmmm:

Last edited:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Bro, i wanna ask something

Bump: Bro, i wanna ask something

i think ur fuel pump is weak bro or ur injector is to big for fuel pump to applied adequate pressure.
i'm might be wrong.try n ask other sifu n see.:biggrin:

interesting subject.. i have this popping sound coming our from my exhaust when i decelerate.. what could this mean pleasee ?? been having it for quite some time already even after the car was tuned (e-manage) :hmmmm::hmmmm:
i think ur plugs might be foul or ur running rich.

Last edited:

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
interesting subject.. i have this popping sound coming our from my exhaust when i decelerate.. what could this mean pleasee ?? been having it for quite some time already even after the car was tuned (e-manage) :hmmmm::hmmmm:
i think your timing is advance which means when your valves are overlap a bit of your combustion happen when exhaust valve is slightly open this is called backfire..

BzboDi

Jan 30, 2008
I've changed plugs & the prob is still there.. and if im running rich.. my FC will suffer rite ?? but i dont seem to notice any change in my FC reading :hmmmm:

i think your timing is advance which means when your valves are overlap a bit of your combustion happen when exhaust valve is slightly open this is called backfire..
how can i resolve this ?? in the long run.. would it have any negative impact on my engine if i buat tak tau & ignore it ??

THANKS ALL BROS FOR THE HELP !! :adore:

Bump:
I've changed plugs & the prob is still there.. and if im running rich.. my FC will suffer rite ?? but i dont seem to notice any change in my FC reading :hmmmm:

how can i resolve this ?? in the long run.. would it have any negative impact on my engine if i buat tak tau & ignore it ??

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
anybody can feel that if we using this fr our fuel consumption more safe then not use this gadjet?

Bump: anybody can feel that if we using this fr our fuel consumption more safe then not use this gadjet?

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com

Bump:

You are using e-manage,maybe you can ask to tune a timing a bit retard,if that can't,try to adjust it mechanically by using coil distributor.

But i think most injection now are electronically,u go tuned for fast of coz they will put advance,more pickup,more power,more fuel and more money..:biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hahhah...

good one snail...

if you're using emanage and its already tuned and set for performance..i think its fine..in most cases cars need to run a lil rich to produce more power....i think i read somewhere that evenif you're using a bigger size in diameter exhaust you will experience the popping sound..(sifus pls correct me if i read wrongly)

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
anybody can feel that if we using this fr our fuel consumption more safe then not use this gadjet?

Bump: anybody can feel that if we using this fr our fuel consumption more safe then not use this gadjet?
some ppl do feel the different after installing fpr.they say their fc is improve.it's because
the pressure make the fuel spray by the injector finer and wider thus making the burn
more complete.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
some ppl do feel the different after installing fpr.they say their fc is improve.it's because
the pressure make the fuel spray by the injector finer and wider thus making the burn
more complete.
Gt i need to ask you something.

I felt my car FC was pretty good when i left it at around 29 at idle...but it did feel abit sluggish compared when i set it at 39 at idle.At 39,the car feels nice and smooth,easy to accelarate.but FC quite bad.

The question is....if i were to keep it at 29psi...is it possible that will cause my mixture to be lean?

Or will the ecu auto correct the fuel mix ratio ? If this is so,does that mean my FPR only serves the purpose of making sure the injectors spray are finer and wider?

Last edited: