Any comment anybody?

Bump: Any comment anybody?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Gt i need to ask you something.

I felt my car FC was pretty good when i left it at around 29 at idle...but it did feel abit sluggish compared when i set it at 39 at idle.At 39,the car feels nice and smooth,easy to accelarate.but FC quite bad.

The question is....if i were to keep it at 29psi...is it possible that will cause my mixture to be lean?

Or will the ecu auto correct the fuel mix ratio ? If this is so,does that mean my FPR only serves the purpose of making sure the injectors spray are finer and wider?
1 way to find out whether ur runing lean or not bro.just take out ur plug n check it.
btw,what engine r u using?b16 ar?fpr will also increase the amount of fuel imjected
into the engine.r u using the correct heat range for ur plugs?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
1 way to find out whether ur runing lean or not bro.just take out ur plug n check it.
btw,what engine r u using?b16 ar?fpr will also increase the amount of fuel imjected
into the engine.r u using the correct heat range for ur plugs?
.if the plug is whitish? its lean ? heat range for my plugs should be correct i guess im using iridiums

Last edited:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
that's mean ur using no.6?yup.whitish mean ur running lean.usually they set their fpr
for vtec is around 40-44 psi at idle.maybe ur fc sucks cos ur vtec always kick in kot.

eakamal

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Terenggan
Hi..
Since i'm changing to walbro fuel pump,reading at the regulator became not stable,needle show at 3 to 4 bar when engine idle..What actually happen?Should i re-set my AFR when switching to walbro fuel pump?What the ideal setting for my car lantis with B8 BPT.?:hmmmm:

TQ..:hmmmm:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Eh guys i have a question ... Will Fuel Pressure Regulator (any brand, like arospeed, sard) works on N16 Sentra QG16DE Engine ??

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hi..
Since i'm changing to walbro fuel pump,reading at the regulator became not stable,needle show at 3 to 4 bar when engine idle..What actually happen?Should i re-set my AFR when switching to walbro fuel pump?What the ideal setting for my car lantis with B8 BPT.?:hmmmm:
fpr or afr?if fpr,yes.if afr,depend.if ur afr is stoich,there's no need for u tempered with it.
usually for bpt is around 45 psi.the truth is there's no ideal setting cos the setting depends
on what u did to ur engine.

Ok er .. Firstly thx for replying my numb question ... But i wanna ask , will it make at least 1 hp to the engine ??
maybe or maybe more depends on ur mod.

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
fpr or afr?if fpr,yes.if afr,depend.if ur afr is stoich,there's no need for u tempered with it.
usually for bpt is around 45 psi.the truth is there's no ideal setting cos the setting depends
on what u did to ur engine.

maybe or maybe more depends on ur mod.
I did all the basic mods ad ... Which are I/H/E ... Lighten Pulley, Sparkplugs ... What is needed is done ... Hehe so how much i can expect to gain ? I assumed i am bout to gain 3hp for this regulator ...

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
got upgrade to oversized throttle body or not??...
Was thinking to install a Q45 Throttlebody along with the fuel regulator ... What throttle body will be suitable for Qg16 ?? And can i just install the FPR without having a bigger throttle body ??

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
that's mean ur using no.6?yup.whitish mean ur running lean.usually they set their fpr
for vtec is around 40-44 psi at idle.maybe ur fc sucks cos ur vtec always kick in kot.
thanks bro,

FC difference at this 2 settings actually not much laa...i was just being paranoid.Drasticly reducing the FPR only cause lack of power and not much improvement on Fc.

ill leave it at 40psi...and run it for few weeks see how the fc..maybe that time i just install testng the car too much then FC naik severely....hehehe...i love the power and the way it accelerates when its at this setting...so i thnk im just gonna leave it at this...heheheh

some us forums were saying that the fpr is pointless cause the ecu auto adjust the fuel ratio...and it doesnt serve "much" purpose....so when i reduced it drasticly to 29 it was just a test.. at times i dont trust my own buttdyno...thats why i wanted to get opinions...moral of the story is...(for me) FPR good !

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Bros,

Why does my engine bay have petrol smell...and the smell is coming around the fuel regulator area...do i have a leak?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Bros,

Why does my engine bay have petrol smell...and the smell is coming around the fuel regulator area...do i have a leak?
u need to check thoroughly bro.i don't want to see ur car end up in tv3 news like
the gen2 that burst into flame a few days ago.check ur fpr n fuel line from the
fuel tank to the regulator.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear mates,

Im new here - where is the recommended workshop around kl for nissan 350Z?

Im suspect my starter got problem .Cant start .

Kindly help.

Thank You
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience