Fuel Pump

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
don't believe him..

you look at his nick, an original fuel pump will be suffice for his needs?
he only runs rich, ron100..:driver:
Bro., all stock, so no need upgrade pump lah! In fact, at the beginning I had problem with the pump. It stops pumping at time, so my mechanic thought pump konk, so he find used one. Fit it time it runs, but off and on it stops. Finally found an ECU guy he say your pump no problem, your ECU failing. Not long later the ECU really konk, then change ECU. The pump still the same one for 15 years dy.

I did try one tank Ron100, like no difference, so back to 95, not even 97.....hhahhahahah

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
you change original? how bout the cost?
My mechanic bought used one, but still using old one. Bought one still keeping as spare in tool box, not sure after so many years can still use or not.....lol:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro., all stock, so no need upgrade pump lah! In fact, at the beginning I had problem with the pump. It stops pumping at time, so my mechanic thought pump konk, so he find used one. Fit it time it runs, but off and on it stops. Finally found an ECU guy he say your pump no problem, your ECU failing. Not long later the ECU really konk, then change ECU. The pump still the same one for 15 years dy.

I did try one tank Ron100, like no difference, so back to 95, not even 97.....hhahhahahah
Ron100 no difference to your car meh? I thought you can boost more aggressively with that.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ron100 no difference to your car meh? I thought you can boost more aggressively with that.
As mentioned all stock, still at 0.6 stock boost. Car is old, certain parts may not stand up to higher boost.......lol:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
As mentioned all stock, still at 0.6 stock boost. Car is old, certain parts may not stand up to higher boost.......lol:biggrin:
Haha yeah, if use same boost then no additional power lor, then just use the same ron 95. Unless you remap maybe can make it a bit leaner and therefore slightly better FC, but still risky.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha yeah, if use same boost then no additional power lor, then just use the same ron 95. Unless you remap maybe can make it a bit leaner and therefore slightly better FC, but still risky.
Even boost higher, seems according to mechanic original pump still enough because pressure high enough to supply......:driver:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If you are using stock internals, injectors and fuel mapping, you do not need to upgrade the fuel pump to just increase boost. My Airtrek stock boost was 0.6 bar. I had been driving happily for about 3 years with 1.1 bar of boost daily without a problem. Stock injectors, stock ECU and stock fuel pump.

I only replaced the fuel pump when I bolt on all the Evo mods and dyno tuned to boost at 1.5-1.6 bar.

Therefore in anyway, stock fuel pump is more than enough for stock condition with just boost increased.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
I am currently using the DW200 fuel pump for my Wira EVO, its very silent and it has gotten even more expensive. Got it from N1 Racing pre-GST was at RM380, now it is more than RM400 ~_~" I used Walbro before, it's freaking noisy

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello everybody here..
i would like to ask a question here..
hope sifu-sifu here can help me..:proud:

my question is..

nw im driving a kenari..
n my kenari's meter's milleage is counted using analog system..
if i wan to change to use myvi meter~which is using digital system for the milleage n fuel tank..

what do i need to add on or mod?:burnout:
and which place or where can i do this conversion?

thx ya..:proud:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience