ford laser 94 1.5 overheating

doubleone_doublefive

Oct 23, 2009
putrajaya
hi and cheers to all,i'm a newbie in here.recently i got this one small problem wit my 94 laser,it's na 1.5l carb b5 engine and it's losing water.i've serviced the radiator,changed radiator cap,checked all hoses,waterjacket and all water lines,removed the thermostat,bleed the system.all fans are working and there is no water leaking.the engine temp still goes up if drive more than 120kmh.if maintain 80 - 100kmh temp maintain for sometime then it will go up.stop and check,water is missing.Could this be a gasket or head problem?please help.tq:banghead:

Nats autoparts

Known Member
Oct 18, 2007
water pump got problem dy...
try change new water pump
do not run the engine if it overheat will destroy the gasket or engine !!

doubleone_doublefive

Oct 23, 2009
putrajaya
salam bros,looked into waterpump all is in working order.i think i should strip the head n do a top overhaul la.fed up already la.what u say?

Nats autoparts

Known Member
Oct 18, 2007
did you open up the waterpump??
anyway if you did open up n check n yet nothing
that means your gasket giving way
proceed to that section then

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
do change water pump n if can do top overhaul...

doubleone_doublefive

Oct 23, 2009
putrajaya
salam bros...well ..sorry didn't log on for sometime,but did manage to strip the engine,semalam finish overhaulin the head,maybe today,later later at night i will start on the bottom part.all diy la bro thats why i didn't logged in.its a complete overhaul.if i can came up with the machining money by thursday,insyaallah the engine will be started on sunday morning.i will keep you all updated.by the way my loceng terbang no is 012 262 3473.can contact me also ma.thanks bros,you all been very supportive la..

doubleone_doublefive

Oct 23, 2009
putrajaya
salam bros...well ..sorry didn't log on for sometime,but did manage to strip the engine,semalam finish overhaulin the head,maybe today,later later at night i will start on the bottom part.all diy la bro thats why i didn't logged in.its a complete overhaul.if i can came up with the machining money by thursday,insyaallah the engine will be started on sunday morning.i will keep you all updated.by the way my loceng terbang no is 012 262 3473.can contact me also ma.thanks bros,you all been very supportive la..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Things might be top of the stakes for their production cars with the 1M Coupe on the way as well as the brand new F10 M5 but on the circuit it’s a bleak affair for BMW, having broken many hearts by leaving the Formula One circuit at the end of last season. The trend continues as they have just announced that they’re pulling out their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience