Ford C-MAX Energi - Go Further!

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Its one reason to go ‘green’ for the good of all man-kind, but lets all face it we’re doing the selfish thing by going green in order to reduce the gaping hole in our pockets from fuel expenses. The thing is, we’re doing the right thing by reducing our dependence on petroleum products and as such we’re doing the world and our future a favour.

<!--more-->The current issue for anything that’s got 4-wheels and an electric motor is that it lacks range – limited by current technology of course, but with technological geniuses hard at work to create new and improved gadgetry to help solve our eco-dilemma, things do have a way of panning themselves out.

Ford’s C-MAX Energi has provided a solution (for now), by giving drivers that ability to take-off on a long journey. In fact, it’ll get your trip from Singapore to Penang done on a single tank of petrol and still have another 100km odd worth of mileage to go through, thanks to the C-MAX’s 885km range.

Ford is giving the C-MAX Energi an intra-urban fuel economy rating of just 2.5L / 100km, a 32km electric range, a top speed that’ll out pace the Prius plug-in and priced lower than the Prius plug-in – hopefully the pricing method will reach us here in Malaysia as well.

All in, the C-MAX Energi has been given the capabilities of providing frugal petrol usage with performance – all at an affordable price that’s going to help increase the rate of hybrid adoptions.

The Ford C-MAX Energi offers drivers 50bhp more than the Prius plug-in at 188bhp from its 2.0L Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder engine that gets supplemented by en electric motor powered by a Lithium-ion battery that will get fully charged faster than that of a Nissan Leaf.

It will also provide hands-free liftgate - forget about pressing buttons or pulling levers to open the boot, just stick your foot under the rear bumper and it'll open; and active park assist if your skills are dubious at parallel parking. There will be two separate 4.2” LCD screens for monitoring your fuel economy and other driving related information; the MyFord Mobile application that allows users to monitor charging, receive alerts, find charge stations, plan trips and more from their smartphones and even computers.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/5tz8I30eCoo?rel=0" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"></iframe>

Attachments

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Looks better than Prius family. loving it! :love:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need feedback from those who lowered their car's spring before. I want to know usually how much ppl lower? 1 inch? 2 inches?
I'm driving a NeoCps, the original ground clearance is very high but it looks uncool. Saw many Neo's that lowered their height, looks much better. But I don't want to lower it too much that I have to go over bumbs very very slowly..... Just wanna to make it look nicer. :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Those that lowered you car's height before please feel free to give...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience