For the love of our cars and our passion.

Jaymz

Oct 27, 2011
Johor bahru
I think Phat is talking about those cold intake hoses that connects from the lower bumper to the engine bay..

Last edited:

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Haha.

I basically removed the clear plastic cover from a Re Amemiya projector lamp, sanded it down, sprayed it matt black and then plumbed in some hosing directly to my turbo/heat shielded area.

As the car hardly sees normal street use, this mod makes hell of a difference when it comes to intake temps.

Rx8 - IMHO, don't bother. Too expensive to maintain and not many performance perks compared to the old 7s. I'd rather buy a fairlady for that money.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
hmmm.. I tracked my RX7 on pasir gudang track 2 weeks ago... did 6 laps...

1st lap - water temp 95 and Oil temp 100
2nd lap - water temp 110 and oil temp 100-105
3rd lap - water temp 120 and oil temp 110

Took a break and did the remaining laps..

Nothing happened .. :3
then you gotta uprate your cooling system.....
previously... i track my car on Sepang....

1st lap.. water temp 95
2nd lap water temp 98
3rd lap water temp 98
4th lap water temp 98
5th lap water temp 99
6th lap water temp 99
7th lap.... my tire cannot make it.. over heated tires...

i don't have oil temp.. so i can't comment. and i have twin oil cooler.. so i don't bother checking the oil temp.

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
never give up on re.. nothing weigh as light (in average pocket) but power as fast.. with such look and handling.. keep it alive..

Jaymz

Oct 27, 2011
Johor bahru
Im trying to find Mazmart Re-Medy water pump for my 7.. but there isnt any new available.. i think the water pump increases the flow rate thru the engine hence lowering the heat signature..

what radiator are you on and what coolants are you using?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , i wanna buy a manual sport car for weekend use . I am confuse to choose whether Rx8 or Toyota Celica.
i prefer rx8 much , but compare to maintanance . i always heard that rx8 got plenty of problem .
and celica is very easy to maintain . OF course if i buy rx8 i will buy the cheapest 2002 years car .10 years rotary engine . i always go long distance place . IS it many problem ? Hopefully some Sifu here get give me a clear comment .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience