For the love of our cars and our passion.

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
to elsm.. if the car explode ,, just rebuild lo,, it only means the parts already in verge of rebuild..

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
U are racing the fd in malaysia hot n high humidity climate maa,..it's not a japan 15-degree C weather here... Of course you'll face the overheat problem plus it's a rotary..we can only monitor the temp gauges and slow down before the engine got exploded.. U can try v mount for the track use to get the most efficient cooling. Perhaps u can share the results of v mount soon.

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
V-mount is good for track when the air-flow is forced through at speed.

Wonder if v-mount works when stuck in afternoon traffic?

FD is a great car to push. With the usual reliability mods such as an up-rated radiator and oil coolers, you're quite safe. A simple mod is to have a few pieces of metal to guide the air from the front intakes to the radiators and oil coolers.

Another simple mod is a water injector before or after the intercooler.

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
yes agree with that. But I suppose nobody drives his FD as daily drive and to get stucked in hectic malaysian roads and traffic jam..I am sure every fd owner has at least a second car for daily use. As for myself I only drive the fd only when the road is clear i.e; night time, ulu yam runs, and few track run.. but i never tried v-mount setup yet..wondering if this setup really works..As most of japanese fd use the v-mount setup...

Power is not a big issue for an FD to be fast...it is the balance of the car itself is the sweet thing of FDs.. good tyres, brilliant suspension setup, gt wing and aero stuffs is enough to make an fd to clock fast lap time...

Anyway there's an FD still with OEM twin turbo (but the sequential setup is removed) clocks 1min flat at Tsukuba. RE-A kits helped the aero, V-mount for efficient cooling, ADVAN A050 semi slick and proper suspension setup clocked this fd 1min flat at Tsukuba. And yes, the body is not stitch welded and roll caged..check out this guy's blog at http://yellow.ap.teacup.com/emikaori

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
I am trying to keep it real with my passion.

To me the FD represents everything that was right with the turbo era.

It is scary, beautiful and sublime all at the same time.

I will not say I have outgrown my passion, more like I've gotten lazy and have little patience for the whole trial and error, buy and see how "practices" that we see so often in Malaysia.

I'm beginning to enjoy the minimum effort, maximum convenience and performance kind of motoring approach. :)

Must be the age I guess.

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
Yes, trial and error requires a lot of passion and patience..and money of course.. But we as Malaysian...we just copycat what the japanese and europeans had invented trough their experiments and studies...Thats the culture of technology transfer in Malaysia..we invented nothing...just follow what the best does..if they eat pizza, we eat pizza..if they eat sushi, we eat sushis..but now i heard they started to eat shit...heheheh..jk...anyway just follow the ass of the best...heheheh

Ry0suke

Known Member
May 6, 2008
Now this is an interesting topic^^

I must agree I did not see alot of rotary participating in our motoring scene... most likely due to the cost I guess :P

But I own an FC and I usually put her through her proper paces, I track her as often as I can and wallet permiting :P and I mostly do touge runs with her.... and as expected, always having her threading that dangerous line she have her fair shair of pain as well >.<

So far in my 4 years of ownership she has gone through 3 major accidents, and the latest one was last november... or was it October...? :P
So she mostly stays in the workshop... being mended... until now unfortunately T.T

enCiel

Jan 28, 2012
Singapore
maybe your neighbors from across the causeway should pay a little visit soon and reignite the rotary spirit in the ones that are losing faith? yep in sg its a TIGHT as hell rotary community for us sevens but we still show them whos boss.

cant let such a beauty of a car down now can we?

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
HAHAHA.

Just drove my lady out yesterday morning.

DIY-ed on her to make her a one eye jack. FTW....her intake temps are damned low now.

Next up. Paint job and possibly some new rims.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Eugene, i installed this intake thingy onto the stock 280 bumper and intake temps have dropped as well.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have two questions. I love the after effects of claying especially when combined with optiseal.

Can you overclay a car? I spray ONR on the surface and clay it. The question is the frequency: I clay my car each time I wash it. Will I thin the paint?

I also clay the glass and this I believe can be done safely since glass is a much harder material. The results of claying glass is simply amazing.

Second question: I also apply Opti Seal on the car. Will claying remove it prematurely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience