foam wash by road side car wash in malaysia

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
Well....

Advantages of DIY car wash / wax / polish:
1. Good exercise. (agree, but end up smoking more than usual... ><)
2. Clean every particular place. (varies... some roadside wash like the 1 in section 17. a malay guy. very detail wash coz i always go when its quiet.)
3. Use our own preferred products (Sometimes some aneh punya wax not bad 1 leh. :) if scared you can even bring your own microfiber cloth for them to use.)
4. Does not hurt the car paint, much. (subject to skills of diy-er. i fuked up when trying to polish my own car... :P left long swirls even tho i used a microfiber cloth.) ended up sending to aneh to polish...
5. Let you knows ur car well (dents, scratches, cracks, etc). (these i will usually see when i go out for a puff and touch up on the spot)
7. Save $$ in the long run. (agree)
8. Don't have to re-paint the car for a long time. (aya if got dent also send to respray d la... no?)
9. Not to be worry of belongIngs being stolen. (in my area so far havent kena before la...)
10. Feeling contented.

Advantages of road side car wash:
1. Can TCSS with friends or lepak/breakfast lunch dinner while ur car is being washed.
2. Fast.
3. Don't have to sweat until the underwear.
4. Easy and suitable for those living in condo without water or power point.
5. Can't think of anymore
6. cheap
7. convenient especially when you are in a hurry to attend wedding dinners/events etc.
8. value for money (RM8 to wash my neo so when i drive to work, i send it to the wash. the guys lets me park there the whole day. roadside parking = rm5 pay rm3 more got jockey service :P)
9. noneed to look for parking.
10. not that bad lah seriousy... (even the so called pro wash like that stupid groupon voucher detailer in sunway mentari. worse than aneh wash. the waxing machine put on the floor face down.)

So...give and take =)

There you go. :P

Last edited:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Honestly, I just leave my car unwashed if I have no time. I rather leave it dirty than introduce multiple scratches/swirls. And gosh darn my car is dirty..see me ridin dirrrty. yea.

A neighbor & friend sent his black wira to road side wash.. guess how lovely the paint looks now. He regretted, rather wash it himself..even tho he doesnt give a damn about that POS car (he's more of a motorcycle guy) and we stay in apartments with no dedicated car washing bays.

Also about the group buys for polish/wax packages.. once they know u are from the group buys, they will not do it properly. That is what an acquaintance of mine who owns a place says. Its mostly just to have more customers. He said they cant afford to spend RMxxx of manpower & materials on a customer who only paid RMxx.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
....get a picture of the paintwork under the sun/with the sun's reflection.....I'd be very impressed if it passes the 'detailers' pricking and prying eyes'....hehehe....

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
....get a picture of the paintwork under the sun/with the sun's reflection.....I'd be very impressed if it passes the 'detailers' pricking and prying eyes'....hehehe....
yeah. i will. it isnt the best but it still looks acceptable from afar... i admit it does have a fair bit of swirls and dings but you would have to look really closely to notice... plus. its my mums taxi. which means hardcore daily use and torture. :) the point is... roadside washes arent that bad... not comparable to the detailers of course.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Honestly, I just leave my car unwashed if I have no time. I rather leave it dirty than introduce multiple scratches/swirls. And gosh darn my car is dirty..see me ridin dirrrty. yea.

A neighbor & friend sent his black wira to road side wash.. guess how lovely the paint looks now. He regretted, rather wash it himself..even tho he doesnt give a damn about that POS car (he's more of a motorcycle guy) and we stay in apartments with no dedicated car washing bays.

Just be careful with bird crap or such, they'll get into your paint job if you leave it for too long. Once I also left my car dirty for more than 1 month (it was so dirty that you barely saw the original paint anymore!), then after I wash, got some bird carp which could not be removed even after I wax it! Some more the paint becomes so rough due to the tar & dirt still sticking (especially the bottom half of the car).

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Also about the group buys for polish/wax packages.. once they know u are from the group buys, they will not do it properly. That is what an acquaintance of mine who owns a place says. Its mostly just to have more customers. He said they cant afford to spend RMxxx of manpower & materials on a customer who only paid RMxx.
Well said......Actually got member complain before. The shop ask to buy different package.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Sifu Krismas also here.....yup, must let you inspect. Bring your torch.....ha! ha!:rofl:

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
Well said......Actually got member complain before. The shop ask to buy different package.....:banghead:

yeah i bought 2 vouchers for wash, vacuum, clay, interior treatment, and polish. sent my gf's car there but when i presented them the voucher they said the package didnt include wax which is needed before polish. i insisted i didnt want to pay anymore than what i already did as i already felt cheated. the guy was furious and didnt want to layan me anymore. as if he wanted my car out of the shop asap. he hurriedly gave the car a speed wash and didnt even bother to do it properly. he then insisted the claying was done with the wash... how to clay a car in less than 10 mins??? i left swearing never to buy shit from groupon anymore and stick to the aneh wash.

Until 1 month ago.

I was going to Lowyat to buy some phone accessories. I was driving the gf's car again. I decided to pay the rm15 to the carwash people (looked professional) at the car park basement. The guy there insisted i did a wax. as the car was very very dirty. i agreed and gave them the keys. while shopping, the whole complex blacked out.

As i had already bought what i wanted, we headed to the car. As it had only been 1/2 an hour or so, i was shocked to see that they had already finished washing and waxing the car! i asked the guy... Finish ah? he said yeah.

Then i asked no electricity how to wax? he said by hand. ok. so i proceed to check the finishing. The roof was not waxed as it was not smooth to the touch. as well as the rear left door and rear quarter panel. and there was waxing marks on the left passenger door that looked like they were hurriedly wiped off. I asked the guy and he insisted that it is already waxed. I didnt want to make a fuss so i paid the RM95 and left.

I have several other experiences with aneh washes as well. Some do really shoddy jobs. But for RM8, i always forgive them out of pity. I imagine it is damn tiring to wash 100 cars a day under the hot sun...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I was going to Lowyat to buy some phone accessories. I was driving the gf's car again. I decided to pay the rm15 to the carwash people (looked professional) at the car park basement. The guy there insisted i did a wax. as the car was very very dirty. i agreed and gave them the keys. while shopping, the whole complex blacked out.

As i had already bought what i wanted, we headed to the car. As it had only been 1/2 an hour or so, i was shocked to see that they had already finished washing and waxing the car! i asked the guy... Finish ah? he said yeah.

Then i asked no electricity how to wax? he said by hand. ok. so i proceed to check the finishing. The roof was not waxed as it was not smooth to the touch. as well as the rear left door and rear quarter panel. and there was waxing marks on the left passenger door that looked like they were hurriedly wiped off. I asked the guy and he insisted that it is already waxed. I didnt want to make a fuss so i paid the RM95 and left.

I have several other experiences with aneh washes as well. Some do really shoddy jobs. But for RM8, i always forgive them out of pity. I imagine it is damn tiring to wash 100 cars a day under the hot sun...
Yup, Basement car park washes, those also pain in the a*s one, many many complaintsalready.....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Basement car washes are pretty much shitty.... The supervisor never around to check the job. The workers only interested playing with gadgets and audio in the car. Some workers try to finish up the car washing fast-fast, and they test-drive customers' car in the car park area. They drive through road humps like nobody business. My car's driver seat electric controller ruined by the worker. My audio setting all went hairwired, suspect the worker pandai-pandai "tuned" it themselves. When I asked them, they showed a blank faces, as though only HANTU touched my car. F*CK!!

So, after all these incidents, I wont send my car to these basement washing centers.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Haha..those groupon deals car wash centers haven't encountered anyone bold enough to complain to the tribunal. If I send my car there and found out that they do this kind of shitty job, I'll sure complain and let them lose their $$ even more. They uses brand names like meguairs to attract naive customers, which is very unethical. At least some road side car wash are better in terms of honesty.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha..those groupon deals car wash centers haven't encountered anyone bold enough to complain to the tribunal. If I send my car there and found out that they do this kind of shitty job, I'll sure complain and let them lose their $$ even more. They uses brand names like meguairs to attract naive customers, which is very unethical. At least some road side car wash are better in terms of honesty.
Some do use the mentioned brand, if you pay the premium price, but not for the groupon deals....:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyway around kl or selangor doing custom* engine parts like customer intake manifold and crankshafts?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience