Fitting 2ZZ-GE into AE92 (corolla SE Limited)!! What are the problems??

KeMa

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Selangor
www.ithink2invest.com
:cyclops: firstly..i know this sound wild coz i never see somone did this b4 (fiiting 2ZZ-GE into AE92)!!:retarded: but i think it sure going to be interesting....so overhere i just want to gather the info first b4 i could really embark on this project...
Firts thing...
1.does anyone here ever done this modification before???
2.If there is...how is the result???
3. What are the main modification involve?? yes i know..the mounting and the chasis reinforcement..how about others??
4. How much will effect the weight balance of my car (AE92)...looking at the engine, it seems like it is smaller than 3S-GTE engine and lighter tooo
5. Where can i get this engine??? coz is really hard to find one at the chop shop
6. If there is a half cut..how much it will cost??
and maybe many2 other inquiry that may arise during our discussion

Danny101

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
de blue's said:
i belive ipoh have somebody done b4...n 6 speed some more...
dun ask me how but i seen two ae92 in ipoh with 2zzge engine some 2-3 years back........sumore got came to sepang track day before wan, one very kaw kaw modified wan lor using haltech ecu, trd final drive and also 1-6 cross mission from c one japan( i heard only these 2 item cost a bomb d something like 12k ) da fella is a mechanic himself and also a chop shop boss in ipoh........now the latest i heard he transplant the whole 2zzge into a 1st gen mr2 d( aw 11 ) believe it or not :regular_smile:

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
kema,
first of all anything is possible in dis bolehland as long as $$$$ enuf in pocket. heehehehe.. hope to c ur project of 2ZZ-GE realized into the AE92 engine bay.

Just my 2 cent. $$$ gonna cost u a bom so u gotto ready make sure de fund is enuf for u. I'm not saying it is impossible but i truly support ur dream to make dis happening and i can't wait to c if u has finally put dis engine into AE92. All the best to u man!

Regards,
Mike

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
yeah..saw the car before in ipoh...

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
ermm.... as i know la... The AE92 chasis is a problem over there. Not strong enough for 2zz-ge le.... unless you got many bar.

The mounting is not same.. so need to modify it, but not sure can pass the JPJ or not le...

And the major problem is, the engine is extremely expensive, and the HP also not very high (Only 180hp).

For save cost, go for AE111 with 6 speed la... HP at 175hp already, fuel comsumption also not too high...

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
2ZZ overall looks good. Even though its not pushing much HP. But like trd16v said, you got the cash, just do it. First problem would be mounting. Hard to make a case with JPJ on this. This problem alone makes this transplant a bummer.

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
3SGE laaaa!!! :D more bhp compare to 2zzge r? :retarded:

but ipoh seen one also baru last week sunday only... fuiyo!!! sound like gezz... siok r.. ^_^

dun flame me r.. :vroam:

what the difference between 2zzge and 3sge le.. bhp? price? i am more curious about 3sge now compare to 4age.. but 2zzge.. err.. betul tak tao.. just know it is running on dual vvti right?

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
ya you are correct.... go for 3S-GE la... more power (225hp), and worth for value.
But also expensive le...:_:

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
If $$$ not a rpoblem, I don't see any problem there.
Half cut for this engine is rare too. just look for experience mechanic who done that before and get the half cut plus bring along 1 briefcase of money will do.
Hehe....IMHO, not worth it. Maybe you'll end up spending more then the car price just for the conversion. (please remember that you still need to upgrade the brake kit, spension and strengthen the chassis as well.)

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
Let me explain something.

3S-GE NA can masok no problem but 4 mounting must change.

Last time i got a friend from klang here also. Drive AE92, put 3S-GTE engine turbocharge.

4 mounting must change, each mounting cost rm400 so kali 4 = RM1.6k just mounting alone. The mounting no choice custom made to support the weight of the engine.

Then comes absorber using TEIN absorber, 4 batang for rm3.5k new set.

Engine halfcut he bought the 3S-GTE is RM3.8k

Labour charge is RM3k.

A lot of time use. His car come out in somewhere 1 month time. No car to use in 1 month but he got spare car at home drive Unser to work.

Spend a lot on the car, i sat inside before. Very powderful, semi bucket seat driver side only.

After couple of drivings, he feels the car very makan petrol. I ask him how makan is makan? He said RM50 can jalan for 3 days only. Worst than driving old model car volvo.

Then i said wah! WTF?! RM50 for 3 days? Then he told me his car uses 2 fuel pump one internal and one external right exactly under his driver seat! My GOD is kaboom he become KFC (kentucky fried chicken) oredi! hahaha!

His engine bay if u bukak bonnet very ketat, no place to put in ur hand at all! Only his mechanic is the magician to only does the car for him. I told him why choose this engine? What if ur car breakdown halfway at KL and u had to get other mechanic come over? That mech sure pening kepala mebbe lepas bukak bonnet de mech pengsan! hahaha!

I advised him better double check again wif ur mech, something is wrong somewhere related to the fuel system. Must check properly if not tiu him since u pay him so much. All the above mentioned price is not inclusive of other small2 things that has happen. Ekzos also change whole new set! Really a lot of $$$ spends.

The only reason i always listen from him is mike, dis car eat petrol like there is no tomorrow. I said den how? Cannot just sit here grumble, did u consult ur mech? wat did he said? He told me his mech shouted at him and he quarrel wif his mech. End of story after that. He is so pissed, so regret but the fact of reality cannot turn the clock liao.

Another real life fact of car modding goes down the drain.

But doesn't mean other mech are not successful also. The only thing my fren does this engine modding also he got himself partly to blame and the reason i dun wan tell here la. No good.

Others is he trust his mech too much. I've met his mech before. Like just any normal guy, simple service at his shop also a bit mahal.

At the end, he cannot tahan sold off his AE92 Corolla SE to another customer. Now driving VIOS and gigi putih smile again. Even dun mind to pick me up few times for bak kut teh also! hahahaha!

Well, lesson learnt, we all humans alwis make mistake, alwis hungry for power for our car, including me also but my piece of advise, b4 mod car, do survey, do research do lotsa studies and never ever mod all things one shot.

Do and plan ur mod slowly. You will be much more happier, glad wif de respond of ur car after that.

Domo Arigato!!

Ja-ne!

Regards,
Mike

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
scomatic said:
ya you are correct.... go for 3S-GE la... more power (225hp), and worth for value.
But also expensive le...:_:
if just for normal use ok, but very hard to get JPJ approval. IF JPJ approval not in ur list, then just go ahead.
If 3SGE still ok but if 3SGTE, hehe....not advisable for track use, why? Just ask the guy that use 3SGTE in SEG chassis that has whack in SIC before.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
TRD16v said:
Let me explain something.

3S-GE NA can masok no problem but 4 mounting must change.

Last time i got a friend from klang here also. Drive AE92, put 3S-GTE engine turbocharge.

4 mounting must change, each mounting cost rm400 so kali 4 = RM1.6k just mounting alone. The mounting no choice custom made to support the weight of the engine.

Then comes absorber using TEIN absorber, 4 batang for rm3.5k new set.

Engine halfcut he bought the 3S-GTE is RM3.8k

Labour charge is RM3k.

A lot of time use. His car come out in somewhere 1 month time. No car to use in 1 month but he got spare car at home drive Unser to work.

Spend a lot on the car, i sat inside before. Very powderful, semi bucket seat driver side only.

After couple of drivings, he feels the car very makan petrol. I ask him how makan is makan? He said RM50 can jalan for 3 days only. Worst than driving old model car volvo.

Then i said wah! WTF?! RM50 for 3 days? Then he told me his car uses 2 fuel pump one internal and one external right exactly under his driver seat! My GOD is kaboom he become KFC (kentucky fried chicken) oredi! hahaha!

His engine bay if u bukak bonnet very ketat, no place to put in ur hand at all! Only his mechanic is the magician to only does the car for him. I told him why choose this engine? What if ur car breakdown halfway at KL and u had to get other mechanic come over? That mech sure pening kepala mebbe lepas bukak bonnet de mech pengsan! hahaha!

I advised him better double check again wif ur mech, something is wrong somewhere related to the fuel system. Must check properly if not tiu him since u pay him so much. All the above mentioned price is not inclusive of other small2 things that has happen. Ekzos also change whole new set! Really a lot of $$$ spends.

The only reason i always listen from him is mike, dis car eat petrol like there is no tomorrow. I said den how? Cannot just sit here grumble, did u consult ur mech? wat did he said? He told me his mech shouted at him and he quarrel wif his mech. End of story after that. He is so pissed, so regret but the fact of reality cannot turn the clock liao.

Another real life fact of car modding goes down the drain.

But doesn't mean other mech are not successful also. The only thing my fren does this engine modding also he got himself partly to blame and the reason i dun wan tell here la. No good.

Others is he trust his mech too much. I've met his mech before. Like just any normal guy, simple service at his shop also a bit mahal.

At the end, he cannot tahan sold off his AE92 Corolla SE to another customer. Now driving VIOS and gigi putih smile again. Even dun mind to pick me up few times for bak kut teh also! hahahaha!

Well, lesson learnt, we all humans alwis make mistake, alwis hungry for power for our car, including me also but my piece of advise, b4 mod car, do survey, do research do lotsa studies and never ever mod all things one shot.

Do and plan ur mod slowly. You will be much more happier, glad wif de respond of ur car after that.

Domo Arigato!!

Ja-ne!

Regards,
Mike
ALo Mike,

Agreed with you Mike. hungry for more power, but end up dissapointed because never pay attention to other detail.
But RM50 petro for 3 day is kind of save for current petro price, How many km he run in that 3 days?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Been contemplating getting a VW jetta due to the promotion is running 699 currently.. but quite concerned over the previous owner fight over show unhappiness over the 7 speed DSG problem is.
I would say its the only thing stopping me now. VW sales guy said its had solve over DSG and those ppl just mod bad about VW brands only...
But what i heard from others VWs owner having problem, they bring their car visit SC every 1 or 2 month have to visit workshop. And their after sales is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience