First Impression: RCS Suspension - Velocity Sensitive Dampers

Jonnip

Feb 27, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Well. Let me know if they honor the warranty of their old product. As I said in the beginning it's a great product. Just don't expect it to last long. Or be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sad to hear for your bad experience though. I just installed their product on my Forte and im a very satisfied customer. From stock suspension to RCS. The difference is like day and night. The suspension is a secondhand from my friend. I got it installed from a tire shop and got some noises here and there also. I think its workmanship issue. Im going to RCS and have then check and rectify the sounds.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
But you say they change name from RCS to RDS. Do they still honor the old brand?:confused:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Well. Let me know if they honor the warranty of their old product. As I said in the beginning it's a great product. Just don't expect it to last long. Or be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oops, we had the same question on mind.....:driver:

Jonnip

Feb 27, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi
Ok i spoke to an ex worker. Actually this is the situation as i understand it.

Feezam has opened a new shop called RDS in U5 Shah Alam. And yes he does provide aftersales support for RCS suspension. With that in mind i am willing to give feezam a try, i dont want to knock his shop before he has started. the original post made it sound like it was the same company with a different name.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
They are bankrupt? Didn't know that. Avoid like the plague.

Zanskie

Mar 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
But you say they change name from RCS to RDS. Do they still honor the old brand?:confused:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Oops, we had the same question on mind.....:driver:
Im not sure why for the brand change. But they sure honor their workmanship and support for their old products. I think that RDS will be operating under the same people, hence the product.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually it takes a long time, much effort, lots of sweat & money to bring up a new brand (Name). Either it is not doing well to have the name changed but good to hear that they still honor the former brand on after sales service....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Im not sure why for the brand change. But they sure honor their workmanship and support for their old products. I think that RDS will be operating under the same people, hence the product.

Out of curiosity can I ask what car did you have the suspension installed on? I know someone who abuses his RCS on his Satria and doesn't seem to have any issues at all considering how rough he is with his car.

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Basically from what i know, RDS actually is being operated by the Staff who used to work with RCS. Their previous partnership somehow did not work out hence clayton & nanda did not continue with the brand. But they still give advice to the guys at RDS from time to time. But no worries, they are still supporting their existing customer and they are still selling new struts..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Basically from what i know, RDS actually is being operated by the Staff who used to work with RCS. Their previous partnership somehow did not work out hence clayton & nanda did not continue with the brand. But they still give advice to the guys at RDS from time to time. But no worries, they are still supporting their existing customer and they are still selling new struts..

What about the prices of the "new" RDS components? Are they priced similarly to RCS?
I guess many customers dont mind paying more, provided the quality stuff they get is good as it claims.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the info.....:driver:

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
What about the prices of the "new" RDS components? Are they priced similarly to RCS?
I guess many customers dont mind paying more, provided the quality stuff they get is good as it claims.
Not too sure about the price for new component, but i think it should be cheaper than RCS as the operation cost is not as high as before. Now small little shop only.

Quality wise i can't comment as have yet to see the new product. Still quite new though for RDS, around 2 months max i guess..

keni988

May 26, 2004
I was shocked to know this. My RCS dampers had similar clik noice last Nov, I drive to Bukit Jelutong to check and they say no problem. Then I go to few workshop to confirm again sound is from damper. Go back to see Clayton and re-service the front dampers and so far ok. Only issue now is if my car full load, car body will hit rear tyre...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I was shocked to know this. My RCS dampers had similar clik noice last Nov, I drive to Bukit Jelutong to check and they say no problem. Then I go to few workshop to confirm again sound is from damper. Go back to see Clayton and re-service the front dampers and so far ok. Only issue now is if my car full load, car body will hit rear tyre...
Are your wheels offset far out from wheel arch, or suspension setting is very low?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After the last Dodge Viper rolled off the assembly line, the interwebs kicked into warp drive and started spinning out the usual array of rumours about the end of the model or a replacement based on the Alfa 8C Competizione.

However, following a dealers convention in September at Florida, a concept of the next snake was unveiled to a convention...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience