Finding Alonso's replacement

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
All u guys can buy September 2006 edition of Autocar Asean.

attached herewith are pics of the said topics. very interesting indeed to read. the magazine send Ian Khong, one of many talented malaysian racers to 'audition' test the car to Renault F1.

xavier_lert

Known Member
May 19, 2006
KL
Heikki Kovalainen

Kovalainen competed in the 2004 Race of Champions in the Stade de France in Paris. He was eventually crowned "Champion of Champions" beating out World Rally Champion Sébastien Loeb in the finals. He also participated in the Nations' Cup alongside countryman Marcus Grönholm. Their team finished in second place after Kovalainen's Ferrari 360 Modena broke down in the finals, ironically, losing to Loeb and the French team. Kovalainen's feat included winning over Loeb in a WRC car, although he had never even sat in a rally car before, and over the Ferrari Formula One star Michael Schumacher in a Ferrari.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Hah, i read that article too. Don't confuse them coz in actual, its just one of those publicity programme by Renault. They actually invited like a hundred journalist to test the F1 and Formula Renault cars too.

Its not like they're picking the new F1 star and Ian Khong is shortlisted.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
i guess they would have turned down the taps on the horses.... and put TC on max...hahaha ....so the fellas dun get too excited with the throttle and crash the damn car..not a lot of people can handle 700BHP machines on a 600kg chassis...

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Oh.... I got that magazine from a friend too.
Ya, and the engine in the car they try that day is not the one using in today's F1 car. It was a 3.5 liter engine. but today's F1 car using 2.4 liter compare to last year 3.0 liter.
But sure it is a really, very goood experience to have that try.
I wonder where is the clucth ah. The writer mentioned that the car has clutch. He also shows a picture of the braking pedal and gas pedal there, is it the clutch is also beside the brake like most of the road car did??? Anyone knows? thank you.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
before FIA allow semi-auto, there are 3 pedal in the tiny cockpit,
The pedal setup is very driver oriented, some driver prefer right foot braking, while other prefer left foot braking. :biggrin:

There were once even within the same team, the F1 car can have 3 pedal or 2 pedal setup (some just not used to the fully semi-auto thing), Heinz-Harald Frentzen is the typical 3 pedal setup driver.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Even current F1 cars have clutches, I think. Used mainly during the start off the grid. Its a hand clutch located on the steering wheel.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
si|verfish said:
Even current F1 cars have clutches, I think. Used mainly during the start off the grid. Its a hand clutch located on the steering wheel.
yup... ur silverfish is right... it is on the steering... there are no more space to have it on the floor panels as it is a tight space there... they only use it during starts and leaving pits i remember... even after they spin out...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
si|verfish said:
with the F1 cars having super compact manual gearbox, a clutch system is necesssary. its motorised with sensors watching pedal movements.

similar system is intalled in Ferrari F430, Alfa Selespeed even BMW DSG.

F1 cars use 'launch control' switch to get the optimum speed into the 1st corners of every race. this combines the use of intelligent clutch control and traction control.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is a grounding cable/wire is a needy for a car ?? do every car need to have it ??

does it have side effect ??

Does there any good grounding cable recommended to use on myvi yrv ??

or it just waste money..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience