Ferrari F430 Interior Makeover @ the detailien HIVE

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
This lovely yellow prancing horse dropped by the detailien HIVE for some much needed attention to its interior.

Things looking good on the outside.

But another story on the inside where all of the soft touch coatings have started to degrade, melt and is sticky to the touch. Especially so in our hot, humid Malaysian weather.

Can anything be done or will the owner have to spend thousands for it to be replaced or resprayed.

Lovely interior....

Spoiled by the soft touch coatings on the plastic bits.

After some detailien magic with the help of Optimum Power Clean:

Before:

After:
Looking much better.

Before:

After:

Thanks for looking.

More to come.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
that's some awesome work seech

I'm intrigued by the soft-touch cot fix, how does the Optimum Power Clean work to resurface the soft-touch layer?
It looks brand new after treatment surprisingly, especially when looking at the scratches and indents from the before photos

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Marvelous work done seech!

Bimmer common issues eh Tom? heheheh I was also going to ask the same question to seech

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
that's some awesome work seech

I'm intrigued by the soft-touch cot fix, how does the Optimum Power Clean work to resurface the soft-touch layer?
It looks brand new after treatment surprisingly, especially when looking at the scratches and indents from the before photos
Hi Tom. Thank.

The OPC just removes the layer leaving the underlying plastic behind. There is no real way to replace the soft-touch coating as it has degraded over time in our weather. So unless you want to replace the parts with new ones, which would probably only last a few years, this would be the best option as it gets rid of that sticky mess leaving behind just the plastic.

The scratches were all on the soft-touch coating so once that was removed, problem solved.

Bimmer common issues eh Tom? heheheh I was also going to ask the same question to seech
Thanks. This is a common problem on most conti cars as their interior materials etc. were not designed for our heat and humidity.

Worked like magic!

Any detailing at the engine bay?
Yes. Car was fully detailed but didn't take any shots.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Tom. Thank.

The OPC just removes the layer leaving the underlying plastic behind. There is no real way to replace the soft-touch coating as it has degraded over time in our weather. So unless you want to replace the parts with new ones, which would probably only last a few years, this would be the best option as it gets rid of that sticky mess leaving behind just the plastic.

The scratches were all on the soft-touch coating so once that was removed, problem solved
I see, i never knew thats how it works. definitely beats replacement and to rid the panels of the soft touch rubber coat makes it a permanent solution. very nice.

Not really though, my old BM doesnt feature soft touch coatings, i believe most BMs of today are safe from that gooey mess. Although I suspect the newer MINIs may face such problems

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Not really though, my old BM doesnt feature soft touch coatings, i believe most BMs of today are safe from that gooey mess. Although I suspect the newer MINIs may face such problems
I see...I've got the problem mostly on my door handle & center console on my beemer which Goo Gone are currently the temporary solution :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I see...I've got the problem mostly on my door handle & center console on my beemer which Goo Gone are currently the temporary solution :biggrin:
My old Sonata have a thin plastic coating on the window switch panel, so I use polish to polish until bare plastic so no more scratches also.....:driver:

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
My old Sonata have a thin plastic coating on the window switch panel, so I use polish to polish until bare plastic so no more scratches also.....:driver:
Polish would probably work also as it will remove the plastic coating as well.