Federal Highway KL

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Not sure what to put for the title, so i just put the main object name's to be discuss...
Need opinion from u guys...what's the speed limit of KM/H at federal highway? izzit same as other highways which are 80km/h? was told by few police officer that ALL the highway in Malaysia are fixed with 80km/h...??? But sometimes i still saw signboard like 100km/h or 120km/h at certain highway..

Ok here's the thing that need opinion from you guys and gals and also to be discuss of several factors of WHY there is always a traffic congestion at Federal Highway starting period from 7am-10pm..(exclude of raining or other inconvenience causes such as road repairing or accident)

From what i've observed for the time being...i lived in cheras, and my daily routine are cheras subang...i tend to choose not to travel in peak hour..but sometimes non-peak hour and peak hour make no differences..traffics will move slow, and sometimes very slow...last time i used to follow the queue if there is a traffic congestion..but not longer anymore, as i use emergency lane most of the time if the traffics are moving very slow (apologize for using it even i'm not in emergency situation..but stil i wil give way if there is double signal car moving behind me, as "double signal" to show emergency sign)...but i heard that emergency lane is open to public during peak hour, even there is a police traffic handling the traffics, and they will allow u to move along emergency lane...one time being caught by motorcycle traffic not because of using emergency lane, is because of switching lane without signals which that time i'm realy in hurry...
Everytime i use emergency lane from midvalley until Sunway/LDP junction, and the traffic become smoother after Sunway/LDP junction...which i wil proceed on normal lane until subang junction...From what i've noticed of using emergency lane to move along, actually is not because of loaded vehicles on the same road, is because of behavior of drivers on the road which causes traffic congestion...
especially at Sunway/LDP division,
- last minit signal turn-in to the junction from fast lane, which causes 1st and 2nd lane stopped to let them passby
- inconsideration drivers that do not care about others, driving slowly at fast lane,
- inexperiance drivers that keep on breaking all the time even the front are clear on all lane
- running on fast lane while on the fon (which are illegal),
- running on fast lane and sudden stop to look on signboard and sudden change lane,
- playing with passenger on fast lane (especially bf/gf), which they drove slowly and unstable that causes drivers behind not dare to follow them or keep a distance from them (which is good and for safety) and make the whole lane moving slow...

There are a lot more of driver's attitude and behavior that i couldn't think of it right now...
Anyway, let's gather more information on how people drive with funny reason...and hopefully, the co-operation of every drivers are needed to prevent traffic congestion in KL which has become so common nowadays...

I apologize if i wrote something that offended someone, once agian, thanks for reading this thread..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Speed limit for Federal Hiway is 80km/h

The only time that the hiway is free is at nite time after 12 but still have to be wary for those late nite speed demons :stupid:

ariolz

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
well there is a story why its always jam start from naza showroom til sunway only no matter what time is it.

heard it from my mum, her friend have a third eye (can see those non-human things) whenever she drove pass there, she always see alot of them wandering around and alot of unseen cars too.

maybe thats why is always jam? :rofl:

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
The jam from Naza to Sunway is because the road leading to Sunway is always congested. There are just too many cars going to Sunway. So cars usually hoard 2 lanes before turning in and there for left the fastest lane available to those heading to Shah Alam.

Whether or not that stretch of road is dirty or not, its the drivers themselves that allow themselves to be one of them. I see a lot of speeding and then slide and crash into trees at the Ford sales section building there. Mostly very late at night.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
"Everytime i use emergency lane from midvalley until Sunway/LDP junction, and the traffic become smoother after Sunway/LDP junction..."

I have seen car from 1st lane last minute turn to the left heading to sunway .. Then after sunway smooth d lor ..sudah biasa

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
That's the main problem lo....they always drive fast fast and sudden break on fast lane then signal left and enter Sunway/LDP junction, whereby, all the car behind him/her have to slow down to let him/her cut to the left, however, the left lane next to the fast lane have to break too, and there goes to the slow lane...THAT'S THE FUCKING MAIN REASON...
i hate this kind of drivers attitude...extremely...

if they followed by wat the digital signboard always stated : "Traffic pelahan di hadapan sehingga susur ke Sunway/LDP, sila ikut lorong yang betul", then all the congested wil be solved..all those who need to turn in to Sunway/LDP, occupied the 3rd and 2nd lane, while those who wanted to proceed on shah alam, subang, klang, use the first lane...and if driving slow ex 40km/h or lower, pls don try to cut into fast lane and proceed to shah alam...remain at 2nd lane will do...

after 5pm, if not raining day, there will always be police traffic at every enter/exit of junction to smooth the road...and tat's work really well compared to without police traffic...the condition is the same, but if added with police, the flow of the congested is reduced...WHY? because those car tend to drive very very slow even their front gap btw their car and car in front can occupied 3-5 lorries, this usually happened without police traffic..if with police traffic, they will blow the whistle to ask them move faster, thus the flow is better..

thanks admin for moving to the right section... :)

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
alot still don't know how to drive properly and don't plan their journey resulting is sudden change of lanes. i know alot of ppl that still does that, still, after changing lanes or giving way there aren't any signs of acknowledgement aka tidak apa attitude

i see alot of lorry/heavy vehicles who are more courteous than general public drivers who give way, don't hog lanes and acknowledges upon giving way or changing lanes...best part is, they are less educated

*laugh*

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Yup i second the reason on driving in fast lane and suddenly give left signal crossing everyone lanes to get into another exit. That's is so inconsiderate. That makes other ppl brake to give way and that result in chain braking reaction untill in front of menara telekom. So the traffic slows down just becoz of this. I always see this kind of habit. not gud

sebastien

Known Member
Oct 19, 2008
Yup i second the reason on driving in fast lane and suddenly give left signal crossing everyone lanes to get into another exit. That's is so inconsiderate. That makes other ppl brake to give way and that result in chain braking reaction untill in front of menara telekom. So the traffic slows down just becoz of this. I always see this kind of habit. not gud
i think tis is most of da kl driving style gua..:rofl:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Clanz , you rev ask them to move away lar .. lol .. your muffler big what

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
if i met those kind of ppl, surely i wil rev and turn my steering to left acting wanna bang their car...i'm real mad of this kind of driving attitude without consideration..

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
But when you see me , dont bang me you know .. I also one of them sometimes .. lol .. When your wiper always up , always me one lar .. lol

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
if i met those kind of ppl, surely i wil rev and turn my steering to left acting wanna bang their car...i'm real mad of this kind of driving attitude without consideration..
+1 :top:

i do the same thing...when i see cars weaving left to right..when i am beside them or when im about to pass their car...not concentrating on the road...i will go beside them and swerve into their car..pretend like wanna bang them....after that they drive damn good..super straight and awareness 100%....

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think some jam in KL can be avoided if the drivers:

1. plan their journey before you start the car..example going to MidValley or Sg.Wang...start to plot the routes to the detination in your head...what road to take, which junction to exit, which lane you should be sticking..etc...

2. For new drivers or outstation drivers, if you are not familiar with the routes, keep in the center lane. At least when you make last minute lane changes it will affect the slow lane only and not all 3 lanes. (still the best is refer to point 1)

3. Keep to the left at least 600M when almost reaching your exit or turning. Samething again, don't only go to the left when the freaking exit is almost 200M in front of you!! You will worsen the jam condition with this manouver when the road is already jammed up. (I see this a lot not only in KL)

4. Stay in line.

5. Try to remember the traffic lights sequence on the roads you use the most, be ready in gear when you know your side is going green next. (A lot of drivers are still in neutral even they know the lights is coming up some end up panic and the car stall..causing jam) be ready in gears will help ease the long Qs at traffic lights.

6. Keeping a safe distance is a good practise but when stopping at traffic lights please don't make a gap so big until a Kancil can fit in between. This will also cause traffic jam in the back since you know the lane lenght allocated for cars to turn left or right is not very long end up the cars at the back have to stop in in the lane going straight. (Also saw a lot of these bastards)

7. Give way, some might say if we give way. Others will keep cutting in and not letting you go. There are still loads of good drivers out there that would return your favour.

8. Be patient. If you can't go into the lane even with your signal on be patient. Wait out the 'storm'. Again (There are still loads of good drivers out there that would return your favour.)

9. Keep your car in good condition. Try to minimise the car from breaking down. People will hate you more and pale you with food for braking down during rush hour and heavy jams.

10. Be considerate. Don't hog the fast lane and don't be shy to take a look at the rear view mirror to notice your own pimple or nose hair to check whethere there's car coming at your ass.

just my 2 cents and findings in all my driving years.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there anyone can tell the difference in handling feel between this two type of suspension? I thought I couldn't tell but my nerve told me otherwise. It is subtle. I couldn't describe the difference. Aside to say multi-link handles better, I can just say I like the feel more. (The cars I tested in question are Civic EJ and Perdana vs FD2.)

With Honda discarding the front double wishbone setup for McPherson, it had said in one of its statements that drivers wouldn't be able to feel the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience