Featured: Eric's CR-Z for TIMETOATTACK! - No longer a hybrid pushover

Would you Mod a Hybrid Car?

• Yes, any car needs performance upgrades!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, why fiddle with perfected efficiency?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
good initiative.. maybe soon to be joined by panamera s hybrid, Tesla Roadster Sport, or perhaps 911 GT3 R Hybrid, Honda HSV some day in the future... :D

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
Can the CRZ's battery pack last for 3-mins of full throttle driving?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
yes by the time the CR-Z hit the straights it'll run out of IMA juice,
but it quickly recharges after a few braking points.

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
Law of physics will prevailed.....heheeehe
U'll be depleting the batteries quicker than U're charging it.
For racing application, for sure U're not gonna let go the throttle way way before approaching the corner (to recharge the batt),
so there's actually a very short distance for U to recuperate the juice at every braking point.
Would be interesting to know how far can the battery last during the timeattack though :)

MetalMic

Nov 15, 2004
Law of physics will prevailed.....heheeehe
U'll be depleting the batteries quicker than U're charging it.
For racing application, for sure U're not gonna let go the throttle way way before approaching the corner (to recharge the batt),
so there's actually a very short distance for U to recuperate the juice at every braking point.
Would be interesting to know how far can the battery last during the timeattack though :)
Yep, I'm very interested to know as well how's the battery would last in real life time attack.

There will be very little chance to recharge the battery in the track coz last point hard brakings produces more heat than the kinetic energy required to recharge the battery.

In GT5 simulation it lasted 1 half lap of Suzuka... :P

The interesting thing is if you FI the CRZ in GT5, the car actually draw less battery ( less motor assist?) then again this is computer simulation, so it could be a software bug rather than 100% real life representationof the car...don't flame me for this ya :P

Last edited:

hbr1

Jun 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
A fully charged IMA will only juice you for roughly 1km-1.5km only. Correct me if I am wrong cause when I floor mine all the way at 6500rpm it only feels such a distance being covered..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.anyone here have install adjustable fuel regulator on your viva..please share with me how you did that..thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience