FD3S vs retard owner

CaRL.

Jun 2, 2006
LOL
I remember 3 years ago when I was checking in zerotohundred daily, I saw this post.
It says,
"i remember 3 years ago i was sourcing a FD3S with cash budget of around 75k. 3 years later i still see that the same piece of sht is still up for sale at 75k."

Back then I was like, "Dude if you cant afford it just don't talk shit about it"
I was wrong.

I stopped visiting zerotohundred since 2009, After 3 years, I came back just to look around.

Which means, 3 years ago before 3 years ago FD3s is selling for 75k.
And I went and checked for the price for a FD in Malaysia right now when I am typing.
Still 75k.

With all due respect guys, FD3S is still my dream car.

I just couldn't believe it. And also I found it funny that I actually found this thread after so after years. LOL

Also, back in 2003. My brother almost got an FC for 22k, but BAM! Dad say NO SPORTS CAR!

I checked the price for FC today, I saw one for 22k, I was like, even FC has the same price??
Then...... NO WAIT!
22k. TRACK CAR.
FC cost around 35k now.

I left the country 2 years ago.

What the f*ck is going on?????????

HEY! FOR 75k I CAN GET A PROTON INSPIRA YOU KNOW?!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
You cant really compare a FD with an inspira can you? hehehe ..eventhough both have 4 wheels and will get you from A to B....then again a Viva can do that too.

Willing seller, willing buyer.

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
LOL...

For a Nissan GTR Black Edition? can buy x10 Proton Inspira woh!!!

How about a Ferrari 458 Italia? Can buy x30 Proton Inspira woh!!!666

Let's not even start with the classic cars that go for tens of millions of USD.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
FC, FD3S & all those classic cars..

they are NOT CARS... they are COLLECTOR'S ITEM that can get u from A to B

:biggrin:

CaRL.

Jun 2, 2006
Chill guys I was being sarcastic about how expensive can that Malaysian piece of junk be sold.

But seriously is it hard to rebuild a burned engine from scratch?
I got a deal for 825 USD, FD3S 1995. Burned engine. Need new engine, fender, bumper and hood. Then the FD will reborn.

Of course I'm gonna need a new engine but still I'm still gonna rebuild that engine I bought. I have all the tools and stuff in my garage, but I've never land my finger on a wankel before.

I mean I can understand all the workings with V6, V8, but not rotary, is it hard to open up the engine and build it back?

No offense guys, chill man, I will be retarded if I compare FD with Inspira.
But however If I really got the deal, I'm gonna need some more advice from you all shifu's..

Peace!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
:banghead: Sometimes I just don't understand some people...you said you love cars
like FD or so or even a crazy car enthusiast!

If you can say such a thing and tagging your so call "reasonable" price on such
rare collector's item kind of performance cars according to their age, then don't
call yourself a car lover or car enthusiasts!

You might say, oh I could buy a new Honda CR-Z at RM115K instead of getting
a Toyota Supra at around 20 years old which cost around RM100K.

Is just plain stupidity to compare cars like Supra, Skyline or FD and etcs with
the new cars today. These are all rare collector's items and some remain as LEGENDS
till date! To me, Toyota Supra is much more worth buying than Jazz, CR-Z or even
Honda Civic 1.8 and etcs IF I HAVE THE CASH. Both are different platform, so how
can it be compared? One is performance car , the other is more on family/hybrid car. *SIGH*

I don't really know how to explain the feeling but is something like the passion
and love for our dream cars! Is how one value a particular car. If you don't see
a value in it, don't buy. Others will see the value of it and they are not stupid for
buying it! If a Toyota Celica GTS were to pass by along with a Toyota AE86,
I bet you more eyes will be on the AE86 instead.

If were to compare like that there are so many things we can use to compare,
such as I could buy maybe a BMW 5 series instead of getting a Nissan GT-R35
at RM400K. So, what's the point of comparing? Just get the car you love/like and
enjoy the ride! We only live once! :dontknow:

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Hey Carl,

Chillax. Just pointing out the obvious. Sometimes these things don't make sense. Particularly in Malaysia with our AP system. So these cars do get artificially inflated prices.

I'm pretty envious of USA and Europe where cars are significantly cheaper. But that's how it is for now.

CaRL.

Jun 2, 2006
Lol yeah,
In US they treated their cars like dirt because it is way too cheap!

In Malaysia, to be frank I don't know why do we need that AP thingy, but however in my opinion I think AP is a scandal between the government and Proton.

And if I'm not wrong in Europe Proton is selling their car cheaper than in Malaysia.
The only reason people want to live in Malaysia because it is a place call HOME.

However the government had been disappointing.
Too be frank an engineer who earns 10k a month, in US you can stay in a nice big house with own yard or swimming pool. And you can drive a pretty nice car.
While in Malaysia, with 10k a month, you can stay in a condo(with another 20+ years of loan)
After paying off the monthly payment for house, and living expenses.

We can pretty much get a proton, or maybe something better, a second hand Japanese or Korean car. Sometimes I really wonder how did people earn enough money to get married, start a family, pay off their children's education fees, or even send them overseas.

It seems to me that Malaysia are going backwards while every other country are advancing forward.

Kurojishi Rio

From Facebook
Oct 28, 2011
Toyama,japan
www.facebook.com
Now let me give you a bit of info~i'm currently living in japan and owned an FD3S.
When I checked the prices of the car last year,you can get one with RM25K...but thats not my point~
I have a japanese friend who bought his FD3S five years ago with a price of RM25k..which means~even in japan the price of this sports car legend is not dropping(its still cheaper than the one sold in malaysia though)~thats my point :)
yay for RXs my dream car~
in the heart of the japanese,this car(the RX7 brothers,FC and FD) will forever be a legend..thats why no matter how old it is now,the value is not dropping..if it is it will only be for a bit by years.but still,to me it worth it~
no matter how bad the engine cond I will not throw away my FD. :)

Feb 19, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
FD was my dream car, but I cant afford the cost of maintenance !! Hence i buy Silvia..But FD was still the best, i would not blame the owner wanted to sell at higher price, you need to " Pay " for your " Dream "..If you really love FD you wont mind to pay for it..

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
All prices are based on market demand. Example, Chevrolet Optra new Rm90+k and after 4-5 years become at about 25% of ori price. same brand, Captiva at Rm160k new but after 3-4 years, price still remain at about 50%. But Honda civic, example like EG 2 doors, after almost 2 decades, Still fetching at about 50% of its ori price. You can't complain about car price much but you can complain why people got so much money and target the same car as you. Here is some latest price quote from Japan:

RX-7 FD3S ºß¸Ë°ìÍ÷ - ¥Þ¥Ä¥À RX-7ÀìÌçŹ FC3S¡¦FD3S¡¦RX-8 Ãæ¸Å¼ÖÈÎÇä TOTAL7[¥È¡¼¥¿¥ë¥»¥Ö¥ó]

¥Þ¥Ä¥À £Ò£Ø¡¾£· ¥¿¥¤¥×£Ò£Â¡¡Äɲ媥¤¥ë¥¯¡¼¥é¡¼ | ¡ÊÍ­¡Ëº´Æ£¾¦²ñ

’†ŒÃŽÔƒŠƒXƒg

ƒfƒ‚ƒJ[”Ì”„ƒŠƒXƒg

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
it's been too long since i last visited this forum....
everyone knows i was a proud owner of RX7...
and yes... my car was sold at 75K as well... just last year.
and the car was taken care very well now... much better than me...

so.. for those fuckers that bitch about 75K over-priced old junk.... go fuck yourself... it's a collector's item.. why don't you go over to Ebay and check out how much those baseball cards worth ? it's just an old piece of junk paper with some guy on it... and it cost more than a car...

when i was selling my car, alot called to ask if can reduce.. no fucking way... if i wasn't bitching about the petrol, i wouldn't be selling the car at all.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is the small 1.2l engine capable of churning out a few extra ponies? My buddy just kena tapao with myvi, now he asking if anything can be done? Plus im guessing the myvi has aftermarket ecu
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience