F355.

reduanhgt

Oct 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi friends, wanna sort out is the Ferrari F355 maintainance is bad?
I mean, I know I shouldnt ask about that as it was a Ferrari. But what about parts?
Im thinkin about it since I saw one adv at Mudah selling around 2xx K which is I guess affordable ferrari w best look.
Anyone owned it before can give some points and good about it?

No harm !

:wavey:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Hi friends, wanna sort out is the Ferrari F355 maintainance is bad?
I mean, I know I shouldnt ask about that as it was a Ferrari. But what about parts?
Im thinkin about it since I saw one adv at Mudah selling around 2xx K which is I guess affordable ferrari w best look.
Anyone owned it before can give some points and good about it?

No harm !

:wavey:
Wow. 200K for F355. That is pretty cheap. Make sure it is a "real" Ferrari, not replica :biggrin:
Also, make sure the engine is Ferrari, not Honda 4 banger.

F355 is one of my favorite and it is affordable, but still about USD 60K. Almost 200K ringgit before tax and all that. So, it sounds too cheap. No harm checking it out.

Ferrari and most luxury or supercars maintanance is very high. Owning them is the easy part, maintainance is the hard part.

I have seen a Ferrari 348 tune up cost USD 10K (about 35K ringgit).

Good luck and keep us update. Better yet, give us a ride :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The challenge is finding parts I guess, especially in Malaysia. Maybe you want to look up forums and communities to see what are the common problems associated with it, and see if you can get those parts here.

Its rather old so it'll need replacement parts and some work on it.

Beautiful car though. Love the scoop on the doors, flip up lights. Get it!

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
maintenance is something you cant bare

plus Loan will be hard to get

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Maintenance if circa 20 - 30k a year IF you did NOT buy a Lemon.

BUT if you have to ask and worry about it, you're probably not going to be able to afford it.

No offense.

reduanhgt

Oct 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Maintenance if circa 20 - 30k a year IF you did NOT buy a Lemon.

BUT if you have to ask and worry about it, you're probably not going to be able to afford it.

No offense.
Hey elsm80, Im asking since I dont really know where to get the parts, maybe other seniors member wil know where to fork it out or some friends owning it. And I know some people who own another Ferrari such as F430 and upper years, but whenever I ask bout F355, they didnt give me such a good response since the car pretty old& rare to see on our road. Im worried because if after I buy that beast, it will be stranded as the parts hard to find& so on.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

maintenance is something you cant bare

plus Loan will be hard to get
Thanks for reply, I aint going it for loan but for now lookin for the best F355 to deal with.
Some said another Ferrari (means the F430, 599 and upper model is better and easy maintain rather than this old machine)

So Im just wondering if zth members know anyone to go for parts?

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Wow. 200K for F355. That is pretty cheap. Make sure it is a "real" Ferrari, not replica :biggrin:
Also, make sure the engine is Ferrari, not Honda 4 banger.

F355 is one of my favorite and it is affordable, but still about USD 60K. Almost 200K ringgit before tax and all that. So, it sounds too cheap. No harm checking it out.

Ferrari and most luxury or supercars maintanance is very high. Owning them is the easy part, maintainance is the hard part.

I have seen a Ferrari 348 tune up cost USD 10K (about 35K ringgit).

Good luck and keep us update. Better yet, give us a ride :biggrin:

Yup the most worried parts for now only maintainance, just came back from Damansara, viewed yellow color F355, test drove it and found everything such as bushing and blabla still in good I assume? But somehow my one man mechanic saw a bit leak around the engine area, should be gasket right? And also find out the radiator a little rust, scared it fallin apart but that's the thing when buying some old cars. Heh.
The man from showroom agreed to give only 5K discounted for it, for both I guess doesnt make sense.
Yeah wil update about it, whenever I go for another appointment w another Italian :driver:

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

The challenge is finding parts I guess, especially in Malaysia. Maybe you want to look up forums and communities to see what are the common problems associated with it, and see if you can get those parts here.

Its rather old so it'll need replacement parts and some work on it.

Beautiful car though. Love the scoop on the doors, flip up lights. Get it!
Thanks for replying mate, gonna search for malaysian ferrari club if any, regardless about that.
Yeah the car is beautiful w it classic looks. Heh. Come and join me for the machine ! :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Cheaper alternatives is to get a MR2 SW20 to convert :rofl: Looks good too but then is still a F355 replica wth 3S-GTE.
Good luck in owning one bro. Really a dream come true.

reduanhgt

Oct 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Cheaper alternatives is to get a MR2 SW20 to convert :rofl: Looks good too but then is still a F355 replica wth 3S-GTE.
Hahah, saw that one before a MR2 at Sunway. Cant really identify which is real from the outside ! Definitely wil go when get a good deal. Do you have any in minds for parts? Maybe some friends or somethin?

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Fair enough.

From personal experience.

Parts are not that hard to source if you go to the right workshops. Car is old.....true but it also means its less complicated and easier to fix.

The general cost of things are not TOO expensive.

I enjoyed my time with the car but I cannot STRESS how important it is to buy a good one. Nice paint and newly re-upholstered interior isn't important. Look for one with a good service record or KNOWN history. This will make a big difference in your ownership experience. Like the old Malaysian saying.

"Good things are never cheap, cheap things are never good" - especially true when it comes to buying exotics.

Test drive a few, you will be suprised how easy it is to tell a crap one from a good one.

One more thing I just have to add,IMHO; the F355's scream is the best of all the "new-er" generation Ferraris, sweeeetttt.

I really hope you find a good one.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Fair enough.

Parts are not that hard to source if you go to the right workshops. Car is old.....true but it also means its less complicated and easier to fix.

I enjoyed my time with the car but I cannot STRESS how important it is to buy a good one. Nice paint and newly re-upholstered interior isn't important. Look for one with a good service record or KNOWN history. This will make a big difference in your ownership experience. Like the old Malaysian saying.

"Good things are never cheap, cheap things are never good" - especially true when it comes to buying exotics.

Test drive a few, you will be suprised how easy it is to tell a crap one from a good one.

One more thing I just have to add,IMHO; the F355's scream is the best of all the "new-er" generation Ferraris, sweeeetttt.

Care to share pictures of the interior?

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Care to share pictures of the interior?
I love to see those exotic car interior. Fine leathers. I can smell it from here.

I am bias though, I only like Ferrari in red. Just like Ducati.

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Fair enough.

+1 on the sound part
F355 with Capristo or Kreissieg:biggrin:
Parts can look at ricambi america,hills engineering uk
Malaysia IDK
Big killer will be cam belt change
US suggest 5 years interval,UK/ROW suggest 3 years
Cam belt change is killer mostly because it's an engine out procedure
Hope this help you to clear up a bit
Read Ferrarichat.com,F355 section fairly good

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Can use MR2 engine and put the falari intake manifold (with few holes plugged) on top or not? :biggrin:

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
there are alot in UK. We called it Kit car culture

It isnt Lamborghini

They are not from Maranello

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone had idea where to custom made Heat shield in KL and selangor area, I had been quote to exhaust shop, but most of them refuse to do so.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience