F1 2007 driver lineup: Your prediction

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
si|verfish said:
Renault aren't exactly sitting pretty right now. And with the exit of Michelin next year they will struggle. So Kimi might be having some serious thoughts about where his chances are better.
yeah... yeah... true... Kimi is an unlucky fella left no where to go.... hopefully he finds a team that suits him by next season...

acwa238

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Schumi-Kimi Superteam!

Latest news, this just in!

Michael Schumacher and Kimi Raikkonen will race head-to-head as Ferrari team-mates next year, according to a report in this week’s Autocar.

The Maranello squad’s line-up has been the biggest talking point of the ‘silly season’ and is the key to the 2007 driver market.

A Schumacher-Raikkonen match-up has been mooted for months, but is contingent both on Schumacher choosing to prolong his Formula 1 career and Raikkonen moving from McLaren to Ferrari.

Both of these scenarios now look increasingly likely.

The word in the Hockenheim paddock last weekend was that Renault’s overtures to Raikkonen have failed and the Finn will head to the Scuderia after all.

Raikkonen’s Ferrari deal has been in the offing for a long time, with persistent rumours – denied by his management – that he has already signed a pre-contract agreement with the team.

And although Renault has made a concerted bid for his services in recent weeks, the French manufacturer’s competitive eclipse by Ferrari is likely to have steadied any ‘wobble’ Kimi had over his decision.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
i didn't read kimi-ferrari news from major popular F1 website, yet.

but William did announce their 2007 driver line up
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=126142
1. Alex Wurz
2. Nico Rosberg

no seat for Mark Webber, a surprise for me. someone just advice Webber to stick with William not long ago..

Last edited:

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
yeah me too it was a surprise- BBC said that its was because of money dispute. Alex Wurz has been the best rated test driver of all the teams and I was suprised that McLaren let him go at the end of last year.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
ARTC5859 said:
yeah me too it was a surprise- BBC said that its was because of money dispute. Alex Wurz has been the best rated test driver of all the teams and I was suprised that McLaren let him go at the end of last year.
maybe he was demanding for too much???

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
unconfirm news

'Raikkonen signed five-year deal at Ferrari'
03 August 2006
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=126202

According to Finnish tabloid Ilta-Sanomat, Ferrari has exercised its option on Kimi Raikkonen to race for the Italian team next season. This means the Finn would have signed a five-year-contract.

The story is based on the Finnish tabloid's reliable sources, which are close to Kimi Raikkonen. According to the source Raikkonen's contract is worth around 160 million euros and thus the 26-year-old would earn 32 million euros a year.

Michael Schumacher said in Hockenheim he will announce his future plans in Monza and it is very likely that Raikkonen's plans will be announced shortly after Schumacher's decision was announced

acwa238

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Frank Williams: Webber’s ‘heart was elsewhere’

Frank Williams has revealed that Mark Webber chose not to re-sign with the Grove-based team because he had the prospect of a better offer elsewhere.

Williams caused surprise on Wednesday when it announced that test driver Alex Wurz will partner Nico Rosberg in its 2007 line-up.

The team had been expected to keep its current pairing of Webber and Rosberg.

Its option to keep Webber for ’07 expired on Monday, and Williams explained that it was not taken up because the Australian was holding out for an opportunity with another team and would not commit to his current employers.

“We were surprised along with the rest of the world,” Williams told ITV Sport’s Ted Kravitz in Hungary on Thursday.

“We were confident Mark was staying, but he told us that he had been given an opportunity – not a certain one, but certainly one that would in principle I think move him further up the grid at this time – and he felt he had to take it.”

Williams’ comments give further credence to speculation that Webber is chasing the vacant seat alongside Giancarlo Fisichella at Renault, the team run by Flavio Briatore, who, along with GP2 series boss Bruno Michel, is part of Webber’s management team.

Williams would not disclose whether he could have forced Webber to stay put under the terms of his existing contract, but said the 29-year-old’s “heart was elsewhere”.

“I wish to make no comment about contracts that were or weren’t in place – it’s irrelevant,” he said.

“We decided quickly that Mark was gone, it’s what he wanted very much and his heart was elsewhere.”

Webber’s no-nonsense, apolitical approach chimed perfectly with that of Williams and his co-owner Patrick Head, and the partnership, which began in 2005, seemed destined to bring success.

But Williams admitted it had foundered because the team had been unable to give Webber a sufficiently competitive car.

“We had hoped to have given him better than we have done so far and we have certainly not done anything like the job he expected nor we expected,” he said.

“But that’s how it was – he has made his decision and we have made another decision consequently. There is no looking back.”

Williams stressed that Webber and the team remain on good terms.

“There is no doubt about that and we intend to part on even better terms, we hope with lots more points for both of us by the end of the season,” he said.

“We are certain that we shall give him and the team every opportunity to improve throughout the remaining six races of the year.”

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
That's typical Sir Frank Williams style, no one can threaten him or try to give him pressure and ask for better offer.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Mark Webber will drive for team Red Bull next year.

Jacque Villeneuve lost his seat to Kubica. Kubica will remain in the team until end season.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Confirmed seat as per today

McLaren
1. Alonso
(Montoya Out)

Red Bull
1. DC
2. Mark Webber
(Christian Klien Out)

Williams
1. Alex Wurz
2. Nico Rosberg

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
hahaha, si|verfish :biggrin:
thanks for the latest update. Will Ron Dennis stop Kimi touching his "chrome bullet" for the rest of the season just like what he did to Montoya? This is what interested me.

McLaren
1. Alonso (confirmed)
2. ?
(Montoya Out)

Red Bull
1. DC (confirmed)
2. Mark Webber (confirmed)
(Christian Klien Out)

Williams
1. Alex Wurz (confirmed)
2. Nico Rosberg (confirmed)

Ferrari
1. Kimi (confirmed)
2. Massa (confirmed)
(Schumi retired)

Honda
1. Button (confirmed)
2. Rubens (confirmed)

BMW
1. Nick (confirmed)
(JV out)

Last edited:

xavier_lert

Known Member
May 19, 2006
KL
heheh as ur request......anyone can make comment about LEWIS HAMILTON.....he won 2006 GP2 Series Champion.....and the 21-year-old has been supported by McLaren and Mercedes-Benz since 1998...................

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I'm driving evo 3, using exedy standard clutch and plate, my clutch seems to be giving way now , more slippage, thinking of changing just the clutch to exedy 4puck/3puck racing clutch , and use back the my current clutch plate, as its just 6monthz old, is it ok if I just change the clutch?..tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience