Extractor differences

BakKutT3h

2,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
whats the different from those white steel extractor that wai heng, wai yip, XIN or etc compare to zenden, hotbits, powerzone...chromed extractor ?

besides chromed and last long ? any much diff in performance ?:hmmmm:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
chrome treated extractor doesn't improve ur performance.it's only make
the extractor look good.performance come from how the extractor was
made.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
peformance i dunno la but i know durability ... a dollar to a dollar quality does count .... performance wise u gotta ask those sifu

BakKutT3h

2,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
hmm...means the performance is from how the extractor bended ?

BakKutT3h

2,000 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
oooooo......just that the difference..?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
hmm...means the performance is from how the extractor bended ?
yup,that 1 of the key to produced good extractor.like nitrus said,
tune length is also important.lastly the collector.merged collector
r the best collector compared to Y collector.that why merged
collector extractor are more expensive cos it's difficult to produce.

Last edited:

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
actually the chromed and black extractors produce more heat in your engine bay,if youre using free flow filter its a hugh performance drop.as black extractors radiate more heat (black body radiation) and chormed (shiny surfaces) reflect a lot of heat.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
actually the chromed and black extractors produce more heat in your engine bay,if youre using free flow filter its a hugh performance drop.as black extractors radiate more heat (black body radiation) and chormed (shiny surfaces) reflect a lot of heat.
bro,that's only apply on heat from outside to inside not inside to outside.
like car paint.

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
bro,that's only apply on heat from outside to inside not inside to outside.
like car paint.
lol.Not really because i was part of a project which designed a hydraulic system for efficient heat transfer before. The most efficient way we came up with is by using black steel as a substantial amount of heat is radiated away from the piping before it reaches the compressor, hence reducing the overall load of the compressor itself.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
what about the chrome if u said that the black can radiate way the heat.
first time i heard of this.i think it's common sense to know that black
absorb heat.

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
Black body radiation is common sense as well but it depends on your course of study. I doubt a person from a non engineering field would know that thermal radiation depends largely on the temperature of the object.
(Kirchoffs law of thermal radiation)

An assumption we make is that a perfect thermal radiation absorbs 100% of the energy that hits it therefore it appears black.The absorbtion of the radiation is of course a simple matter of mathematical assumption,howewer in practice no material for this matter behaves in such a predictable manner.For radiation to be absorbed,a large amount of it is also dispersed into the environment in the forms or radiation,conduction and convection, basic thermodynamic laws. Hence my point in being the heat from a object carrying large amounts of heat itself will be absorbed by the material, (black absorbs which is true) but will also be radiated to the surroundings ( cant just absorb and stay like that right?) hence the properties of thermal radiation remains true.

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
first time i heard of this.i think it's common sense to know that black
absorb heat.
Black without a doubt absorbs heat, but what happens when the heat is absorbed? For example if you wear a black shirt on a hot day. You feel hot not because the shirt has absorbed the heat but the fact that the heat is transferred to your body (conduction,convection and radiation) by means of conduction - the shirt is in contact with your skin and radiation - almost impossible to be prevented.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
feel like learning science pulak but i can bet that the extractor comes in black r mostly because
to avoid rust or other problem associated with metal exposing.hehehe......

roadkill

Known Member
Sep 7, 2006
HAHAHA..well everything follows the rules of science.But some of these manufacturers simply make products to look cool and stuff but end up screwing things.A lot of mods out there can just fu*k your car up,besides being unnecessary and is a waste of money.But still got ppl do for the looks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last week, my car's aircond could not work even when I turned it on. There is the sound from the aircond but no air is blowing out. After around like an hour, i started the car again and the aircond worked.

The next day when I was driving the car, I revved the car until 5000rpm and exactly when it reaches 5000rpm, a loud rubber screeching sound is coming out from the engine. I tried doing it for 2 or 3 times and the same thing happens. Later when I stopped my car, I rev the engine again...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience