Experience on 3SGE Beams on AE111

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
veloc, some question:
injector u using which one? clutch set? gear box? metal gasket issit easily available?
t.q
Sorry bro. To be honest, I haven't done this. My engine is still stock 4AFE (malu I want to say here) in the midst of BEAMS discussion). Though I hope that I can do that in the future. Got some budget constraint now. But I have gotten these info from readings online. Injector can use GZE ones. Gearbox, from what I've read, 5 speed is better for turbo upgrade. And the metal gasket, available form HKS.

About the rods compatibility, I also read online. Can google. People ususally use GZE or SVT rods.

Sorry for the misunderstanding ya...

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
Sorry bro. To be honest, I haven't done this. My engine is still stock 4AFE (malu I want to say here) in the midst of BEAMS discussion). Though I hope that I can do that in the future. Got some budget constraint now. But I have gotten these info from readings online. Injector can use GZE ones. Gearbox, from what I've read, 5 speed is better for turbo upgrade. And the metal gasket, available form HKS.

About the rods compatibility, I also read online. Can google. People ususally use GZE or SVT rods.

Sorry for the misunderstanding ya...
Do you mean using gze injectors for BT? if yes i dont think can be used because GZE injectors are top feed and BT are side feed. yellow top 1jzgte is similar with BT but 370cc..but we still need something to change the fuel character..if not fuel will banjir.. :biggrin:

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
Mine may not be an AE101/111 body but don't think it's so big difference & since I also have a BT & 3S in the same model, I could feel the weight difference. However, with the right suspension set up, I don't think it's a big issue in handling.

A fine example would be the MR2 which was suppose to have a very balanced weight distribution but in reality, it's handful to drive, especially in the wet when it becomes too tail happy.
thanks for the reply. how much is the difference? can u tell us more? cause for example extra load of 10% make big impact on the car characteristic & load on the suspension itself (for me, cheapskate buy 2nd hand absorbers, dont want to change it toooo many times in one year) and sometimes test winding road & at the government's grade A tar there somewhere in salak tinggi.

quite sometime didn't chat with you...:adore:
going for upgrade?
eh, not so many activity nowadays. no $ so sit back hibernating at home lah. the car is downgrading now. but still maintain 1.6L. tak larat bayar road tax mahal2 la nak upgrade to more powerfull engine.... nak beli motor, takut!!!! hihihihih

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Do you mean using gze injectors for BT? if yes i dont think can be used because GZE injectors are top feed and BT are side feed. yellow top 1jzgte is similar with BT but 370cc..but we still need something to change the fuel character..if not fuel will banjir.. :biggrin:
injectors i dono bro... I'm just suggesting... But the metal gasket, rods, can. I read it up. Fuel character, yes. Must piggyback lo... What I'm saying is, it's not impossible to turbo the BT. Because rods are available from SVT or GZE if don't wan to go for new. And then for low boost without wanting to change internals, HKS got metal gasket. Think the only thing that have to fabricate is turbo exhaust manifold lo...

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
injectors i dono bro... I'm just suggesting... But the metal gasket, rods, can. I read it up. Fuel character, yes. Must piggyback lo... What I'm saying is, it's not impossible to turbo the BT. Because rods are available from SVT or GZE if don't wan to go for new. And then for low boost without wanting to change internals, HKS got metal gasket. Think the only thing that have to fabricate is turbo exhaust manifold lo...
no prob bro...were discussing :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

86mm bore x 86mm stroke = high revving engine. sifoo yau your beams redline at what rpm?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
thanks for the reply. how much is the difference? can u tell us more? cause for example extra load of 10% make big impact on the car characteristic & load on the suspension itself (for me, cheapskate buy 2nd hand absorbers, dont want to change it toooo many times in one year) and sometimes test winding road & at the government's grade A tar there somewhere in salak tinggi.
Honestly, I can't put in an exact figure coz the BT is with stock suspension but the 3S is using adjustables. The figure that I can provide is the weight of both cars:

1. 3S = 1230 kg
2. 4A = 1160 kg

So the 3S engine+gearbox alone probably heavier by about 50 kg qua...

When you drive them, you can feel that the 4A being lighter, is slightly more nimble:driver: but...that factor is easily offset by the 3S's torque:love:.

Now you know why I have both the 4A & 3S ?:laugh: Best of both worlds, what more could I ask for; the best & last of their models.:biggrin:

86mm bore x 86mm stroke = high revving engine. sifoo yau your beams redline at what rpm?
Di,

For now, if I remember correctly...is 7300 but I'm aiming for 8500 rpm 1 day when I can afford a better piggyback..coz as you can see from the dyno chart, the power is still going up when the rev cut...kacau, kacau...:mad:

You think can get 200 ps@wheel at 8500 rpm ?:hmmmm:

Last edited:

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
from the dyno chart, at revcut the power graph still climbing strong, i think it's possible to get 200whp if you bump up your rev limit but maybe u still need the help of a more aggressive cam and tuning, but seems that target not that far, you got a good base already..IMHO bro..

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Thinner head gasket and Kelford cam on the way? hehehehe

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
I think i'll just sell off the gze halfcut and go for Beams

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
woaah...seems someone going to hit 200whp++ soon..
No money la, Di. Sembang kosong je..:laugh:

I think i'll just sell off the gze halfcut and go for Beams
What for ? Just dump the charger & replace it with turbo, much more powerful than Beams.:idea:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
No la bro. My ex setup was on turbo already. Now wanna play NA as i edi got another turbo ride. Another thing is $$$. Turbo $$ x habis habis mod one... lol...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
No la bro. My ex setup was on turbo already. Now wanna play NA as i edi got another turbo ride. Another thing is $$$. Turbo $$ x habis habis mod one... lol...
Orr...I see.

Then no much choice lor, you know the Toyota line up...1.6 top shelf is BT & 2.0 is Beams lor. May not be exactly top of its class but that's the best from Toyota in that category for NA already.

Actually if you wanna mod NA, I think it's much more expensive than turbo la.:biggrin:

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
BEAMS in ae101 body is an understeer devil
u will need good traction tyres or else torque steer plus under kow kow
if u just do daily drive then anything oso can as long as it meets your requirement for comfort
most important thing is UPGRADE your BRAKES b4 u do anything coz i am oso another road user ... hehehe

ps ... i have been driving a BEAMS since 2001 ... sold it off in 2008
lots of events and few track days ... the day i sold it off still no makan minyak or any drippings on the floor but the wear and tear very very kow already ... estimate maybe only 120-130 on wheel only that time
FC is about the same as bt20v ... u dont need to throttle so much to get the same performance with the torque of the BEAMS compared to a bt20v

good luck !!!

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
I've done up the cost and compare, for sub 180whp, Beams is the most economical

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

4.3 secs / 340ps / 500nm / 3L straight 6 twin scroll single turbo / 8 speed /automatic / RM568K.

Engine
Power is a major highlight of the GR Supra. Default 340ps figure is very decent by most standards, but it feels more than that in reality. It’s not just about the phenomenal acceleration either, but the delivery part of it.

It feels meaty, lag-less, linear, never ending and uncanny at supplying that 500nm worth of torque through the rear tyres, right on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience