((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
As the Chinese saying " you pay one sen get one sen product" seems true. Latest test by Germany GTU seems expensive tyres perform better then budget tyres.

Here is the link....http://www.tyrepress.com/2016/02/budget-tyres-declared-a-high-risk-in-gtu-summer-tyre-test/

However is surprised that Hankook S1Evo2 and Yokohama Advan Sports did not have good results?:hmmmm:

To me Bridgestone and Michelin, wrong range of tyres were put t the test....:thefinger:
Surprising the Falken & Nokian can get ranked pretty high but yeah the BS & Michelin are using wrong tires. If with the comparable tires (Potenza & PS series), the Falken & Nokian most likely can get lower rating. Hankook should have used the V12E2. Advan Sports, not so surprised actually coz in many other tests also ends up mid range most of the time.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Falken FK510 should be new, have not seen it before but under Azenis is their top range.
Hankook S1Evo2 is higher then V12Evo2.
For Yoko Advan Sports, if New V105 this model had quite good report in the wet unless is the V103

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Falken FK510 should be new, have not seen it before but under Azenis is their top range.
Hankook S1Evo2 is higher then V12Evo2.
For Yoko Advan Sports, if New V105 this model had quite good report in the wet unless is the V103
Yah must be the newest Azenis.

Oh the S1E2 higher meh? I thought similar or even below coz the V12 in tire rack was tested as Max category already lor.

V105 also mostly end up mid rank only if going against CSC5/PS3/F1/P Zero/Sportmaxx RT.
Still quite disappointed how come Malaysia doesn't get the Sportmaxx RT but only the older TT.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah must be the newest Azenis.

Oh the S1E2 higher meh? I thought similar or even below coz the V12 in tire rack was tested as Max category already lor.

V105 also mostly end up mid rank only if going against CSC5/PS3/F1/P Zero/Sportmaxx RT.
Still quite disappointed how come Malaysia doesn't get the Sportmaxx RT but only the older TT.
Yup, some of the test see V105 behind the likes of CSC5, Asy2 but those are top tyres, but saw one came out 2nd....http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2015-EVO-Magazine-Performance-Tyre-Test.htm

Dunlop now not represented here that is why harder to get the tyres. Local Dunlop still under Conti, In Asia by Sumitomo, North America, Australia and EU owned by Goodyear.....confusing....lol:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, some of the test see V105 behind the likes of CSC5, Asy2 but those are top tyres, but saw one came out 2nd....http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2015-EVO-Magazine-Performance-Tyre-Test.htm

Dunlop now not represented here that is why harder to get the tyres. Local Dunlop still under Conti, In Asia by Sumitomo, North America, Australia and EU owned by Goodyear.....confusing....lol:biggrin:
But SG has that Sportmaxx RT. :banghead:

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Note though despite using the mid level tire, the Michelin Primacy has the highest point for dry category by quite a margin! Yet in last year's UK Autoexpress test, Michelin using the higher category PS3 was clearly beaten in the dry by CSC5. :confused:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
The tyres tested in that list needs to be updated. We will wait for the next article which god knows when haha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But SG has that Sportmaxx RT. :banghead:

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Note though despite using the mid level tire, the Michelin Primacy has the highest point for dry category by quite a margin! Yet in last year's UK Autoexpress test, Michelin using the higher category PS3 was clearly beaten in the dry by CSC5. :confused:
SG different importer mah!....lol

As for tyre test, not always same results. As mentioned, even though test done in controlled environment different test held at different place, using different car, then Weather, weight, car setup etc., all differs. I even read a test done at same place using a FWD and a RWD, the test result even differs, meaning say in FWD test tyre in first place is A, then B and c, but when tested with RWD first place was B, so how to explain??:hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I say bullshit. This test looks like it was rigged.

If the tyre manufacturers offered up their tyres for testing would be more convincing since they'd give the same range for comparison. And I cannot believe how much they praise the CSC5. How do they do these tests anyway?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I say bullshit. This test looks like it was rigged.

If the tyre manufacturers offered up their tyres for testing would be more convincing since they'd give the same range for comparison. And I cannot believe how much they praise the CSC5. How do they do these tests anyway?
Maybe, coz Continental is a German brand and this test is done in Germany. But this CSC5 already excels in many previous tests before for many years, not just this one. So far during my use of it for 4 mths, I do like this tire as the steering feedback, grip both dry & wet, plus the comfort are all very good, I'd say better than my previous F1-D5 especially in grip. Only aquaplaning maybe not as good or about the same.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe, coz Continental is a German brand and this test is done in Germany. But this CSC5 already excels in many previous tests before for many years, not just this one. So far during my use of it for 4 mths, I do like this tire as the steering feedback, grip both dry & wet, plus the comfort are all very good, I'd say better than my previous F1-D5 especially in grip. Only aquaplaning maybe not as good or about the same.
Yup, UK tyre test also shows CSC5 mostly in top 3 to 5, however real world feedback from Bolihland have a few mentioning prone to sidewall crack. More in CSC3 but for CSC5, my ex colleague kena also. Fitted 2 pcs 225/50R17, and after slightly more than half worn, one of them, there was a big crack on the sidewall rendering it not usable any more. I saw it myself when he told me about it and we went to his car to have a look.
CSC5 have to compare to Asy2 and now 3, F1-D5 is considered one rung lower....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, UK tyre test also shows CSC5 mostly in top 3 to 5, however real world feedback from Bolihland have a few mentioning prone to sidewall crack. More in CSC3 but for CSC5, my ex colleague kena also. Fitted 2 pcs 225/50R17, and after slightly more than half worn, one of them, there was a big crack on the sidewall rendering it not usable any more. I saw it myself when he told me about it and we went to his car to have a look.
CSC5 have to compare to Asy2 and now 3, F1-D5 is considered one rung lower....:driver:
Cross fingers my CSCs will not have such cracks! Probably must take care more not to hit big potholes which I'm pretty much used to avoiding already back in Jkt. :biggrin:

Well but the F1-D5 was actually pretty good too aside from the chipping which was a bit more than usual. I don't think it's 1 step lower than the F1A2 or PS3 or CSC5 etc2, maybe just half a step on certain criteria but still can match up well enough.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
UK tyre review also put Asy2 in Max and F1-D5 as UHP Summer.....:biggrin:
To me the difference between those 2 are a bit blur. In many tests, the tires tested are mixed between them too. How about Michelin PSS and Pilot Sport Cup2, what categories they're supposed to be in?

dammit dammit dammit.. how is someone selling Nexen AU5 now for RM200 only?!?! GAAAHHH
Wah damn cheap for a 17' leh!