Exora CFE temperature hike during uphill?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi bros, might need advise from sifus here on my car problem. My Exora (CFE) recently having temperature hike during uphill (no matter no/off aircond) which the root cause yet to define :(
Step had been taken/done:
1. Engine oil changed
2. Radiator pressure checked (no leaking)
3. Coolant water level checked (no need to top up since last service)
4. Fan fuse checked (no issue)
5. Thermostat changed (requested by me during 2nd visit to Proton SC)
What should I do now? The SC foreman informed me that my engine might need to open up and check for the abnormality. Should I do so or something else we should check/do before we take the last resort? Please help me :(
sounds like water pump problem or the fan 2nd speed is not functioning well.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro, what means for fan 2nd speed? I thought that the fuse switch just control the fan to be on/off only. Noob here :(
Not sure if your Exora have it, but they are radiator fans that runs on 2 speeds. like the Citroen ZX my friend had, can hear them running higher speed what hot... :smokin:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Some update... just went to outside workshop and they found the water in radiator is pushing out during acceleration rather then pulling inside... and they claim that is my gasket issue and need to open up and regrind... should i follow their advise?:bawling:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Some update... just went to outside workshop and they found the water in radiator is pushing out during acceleration rather then pulling inside... and they claim that is my gasket issue and need to open up and regrind... should i follow their advise?:bawling:
Huh?Pushing out where? From the head gasket there? Your head is not level hence the leak?

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Huh?Pushing out where? From the head gasket there? Your head is not level hence the leak?
They open the rad cap and plug the custom make container to view the rad water condition. The rad water will coming out from rad while pressing the gas pedal and it will back to normal during engine idle

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
They claimed the rad water level in the container should be going down instead of going up during accerelation. Now they said this situation is due to head gasket kong edy and need to proceed the top overhaul

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup bro.... so need to do the top overhaul? And they said need around 1week to settle....
I have seen my mechanic test that way too, sign of blown head gasket. If not too sure, maybe get a second opinion. But this is what I found in the net too.....

If your head gasket has sprung a leak, air bubbles are liable to find their way into your radiator. In order to confirm the presence of air bubbles, carefully remove your radiator cap; then, give your vehicle's engine ample time to warm up. Next, proceed to rev your engine several times. If air bubbles emerge, you will know what to do.

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
I have seen my mechanic test that way too, sign of blown head gasket. If not too sure, maybe get a second opinion. But this is what I found in the net too.....

If your head gasket has sprung a leak, air bubbles are liable to find their way into your radiator. In order to confirm the presence of air bubbles, carefully remove your radiator cap; then, give your vehicle's engine ample time to warm up. Next, proceed to rev your engine several times. If air bubbles emerge, you will know what to do.
Should be quite confirm head gasket issue as yesterday this statement said by 2 foreman... my wallet going to leak as well :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Almost 7-8 years ago...I used to sent my GTi to an uncle who is to me...the best ever & most expert in car wiring & modification...This Chinese uncle didn't have his own workshop or nor working for any workshop..He operated on his own and had at that time, converted one corner of a public carpark located at the Petaling Jaya JPJ's Test Centre (beside Armada Hotel/Asia Jaya)...One fine day when my car was having some wiring problem...i by accident had discovered him at the parking lot and had...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience