Exhaust system for auto tranny

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, I started out on NA too, but not so extensive mod like you. Spend a little here and there then found the improvement is a little here and there too. So decide to go forced induction and never looked back....:driver:
maybe spending 2k sounds small to u, but i dint mod one by one, i actually chang the whole exhaust set, and it did not perfect, now i come to seek for guide to get better, so sory my small little na car was not enough to ask opinion for u.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Actually, your Almera is light mod...for me I can have a better exhaust less than 1K if you know what you need to do..FOr me I only swap the headers, replace the stock mid box and swap out the stock S flow with a high flow S flow done....no need to add so many of those extra what what bullet or this and that....
I know what u mean, but maybe u mistake, i did not put extra bullet or whatever, i just tried to replace mine to a correct inlet, which i seeking for guidance here how the inlet effect me and which size i should go to.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hi bro, i'm driving a 1.5 auto swift here.. so far what i did to my ride is;

Simota carbon charger with custom air inlet
Rear muffler change to S-flow twin tail pipe
Plug cables change to NGK
Plugs change to Torque Master plugs (damn good stuffs)
Throttle controller (you must have wondering i'm drive by cable, can meh?)
Some grounding wires + power charger

I can say sometimes not say open pod no use is just you need to do something to match to your ride, unless the open pod is so called custom tuned to your engine with all the specs written.. But again, on dyno mostly the tuner will just WOT.. but in your case is different.. we need real life driving data (which that is not possible, unless there are tuning house do it for you) So it's also depends on what you want to gain.. you want low end? mid range? top end? Choose one.. then only add the rest bit by bit.. Lastly i think after some mods.. you need engine management(piggyback should be enough for mild tune)

Bro why not you use the rear muffler from impul? I see they only change the rear muffler.. there must be a reason why they not changing the whole system right?
http://paultan.org/2012/10/15/nissan-almera-tuned-by-impul-open-for-booking-etcm-also-announces-a-long-list-of-optional-kit/impul-almera-brochure-2-2/

Bro actually you can go to thailand forum, they started to play almera there and have much more accessories.. see their bodykit... (use google translator) :burnout:

http://www.thaialmeraclub.com/index.php?topic=17311.0

Last edited:

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi bro, i'm driving a 1.5 auto swift here.. so far what i did to my ride is;

Simota carbon charger with custom air inlet
Rear muffler change to S-flow twin tail pipe
Plug cables change to NGK
Plugs change to Torque Master plugs (damn good stuffs)
Throttle controller (you must have wondering i'm drive by cable, can meh?)
Some grounding wires + power charger

I can say sometimes not say open pod no use is just you need to do something to match to your ride, unless the open pod is so called custom tuned to your engine with all the specs written.. But again, on dyno mostly the tuner will just WOT.. but in your case is different.. we need real life driving data (which that is not possible, unless there are tuning house do it for you) So it's also depends on what you want to gain.. you want low end? mid range? top end? Choose one.. then only add the rest bit by bit.. Lastly i think after some mods.. you need engine management(piggyback should be enough for mild tune)

Bro why not you use the rear muffler from impul? I see they only change the rear muffler.. there must be a reason why they not changing the whole system right?
Nissan Almera Tuned by Impul open for booking, ETCM also announces a long list of optional kit Image 136156

Bro actually you can go to thailand forum, they started to play almera there and have much more accessories.. see their bodykit... (use google translator) :burnout:

รวมของà¹à¸•à¹ˆà¸‡à¹€à¸‰à¸žà¸²à¸° นิสสันอัลเมร่า (ALMERA)ราคาถูà¸à¸—ี่สุด! à¸à¸§à¹ˆà¸² 60 รายà¸à¸²à¸£
Hmm.. thailand was using 1.2cc, its different from us, only exterior can taken from them, actually i did tried to plug back the oem air box, gain som low torque and fc but loss mid range and top end alot
I no idea with the impul muffler, but I personally doest feel like paying a rm1800 for a rear muffler
I using brisk silver pkug, and potent booster tc.
I had booking on tuning house for engine tuning include the haltech ecu, but that is 3 months later, I just want to have better for now

Willi3

Apr 29, 2012
Selangor
Newbie here...how do you guys know the best setup for each car?...does the GearBox types and car Cc plays a big part?

Any good shop can recommend? heheh

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ermmm.. but this is the use of internet nowadays. google and research first to avoid being cheat or make mistakes. i took a whole week just to gather information about windows tinting film before i bought it a nearly months before i go through engine mods. i try to understand every pro and cons.

for n/a just for geli2 setup, maybe you can visit reputable exhaust shop such as Jaafar, Everco, Ah heng, Panjang or Xcess Work for full custom exhaust system. then add drop in / open pod filter. rm2-3k already ngam. add another rm1.5-2k for piggyback management. :burnout:
Yup, like bro. peeche mentioned google and research. Check into forums too, but don't do first then ask is too late.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

maybe spending 2k sounds small to u, but i dint mod one by one, i actually chang the whole exhaust set, and it did not perfect, now i come to seek for guide to get better, so sory my small little na car was not enough to ask opinion for u.
Don't get me wrong. Spending 2k is a lot to me. What I mean is to mod and spend a certain amount I would want so results. I did NA mod many years ago and on forced induction already for 13 years. In fact many new cars are going FI too.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just fyi guys, I've met yewly. This young man quite car gila crazy and his Almera does look quite nice even though his GF pulling his ear long long because of the wing and bump suspension. :biggrin:

So he might be a newbie but he's open to learning and suggestions. So let's all poison him nicely with fair and square information.

Yewly, I think you misunderstood uncle vr2turbo's advice. The fella old mah (he is easily your fathers age) and to him the best way to do things is the 'final' way to do it, not slowly add this add that all the way. Terus BOT. But personally - I don't think your gb and engine will survive a BOT.

Sort out your piping first. Get all same diameter then do something about that midbox/resonator inlet size and outlet size. That thing is causing a massive traffic jam for the exhaust gases.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just fyi guys, I've met yewly. This young man quite car gila crazy and his Almera does look quite nice even though his GF pulling his ear long long because of the wing and bump suspension. :biggrin:

So he might be a newbie but he's open to learning and suggestions. So let's all poison him nicely with fair and square information.

Yewly, I think you misunderstood uncle vr2turbo's advice. The fella old mah (he is easily your fathers age) and to him the best way to do things is the 'final' way to do it, not slowly add this add that all the way. Terus BOT. But personally - I don't think your gb and engine will survive a BOT.

Sort out your piping first. Get all same diameter then do something about that midbox/resonator inlet size and outlet size. That thing is causing a massive traffic jam for the exhaust gases.
BOT also cannot go all out mah! Any mod must be within the engine limits too. Mine was transplant, and even that I kept as standard transplant and not force it some more.
My friend did and blew two engines in the process.....:banghead:

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY

ok now racun! go to exss work or jaafar fast fast.! bring big big money.. haha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm, I went for exhaust in kajang today, he tell me my mid box should inlet 1.6", it just look big at outside, and they suggest to change rear muffler to s-flow to get more back pressure, since I got no cat. I will double check soon for the inlet size =\
You mean your current 2' mid section actually only has a 1.6' inner diameter??:hmmmm: Normally exhaust pipe thickness is about 1.5mm, so if a 2' outer pipe size, it should be almost 1.9' inner size diameter. If only 1.6 then the pipe thickness 5mm which is just too damn thick and surely very heavy!

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You mean your current 2' mid section actually only has a 1.6' inner diameter??:hmmmm: Normally exhaust pipe thickness is about 1.5mm, so if a 2' outer pipe size, it should be almost 1.9' inner size diameter. If only 1.6 then the pipe thickness 5mm which is just too damn thick and surely very heavy!
Agreed, that mid box is one of a kind, bazooka :adore:

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
ok now racun! go to exss work or jaafar fast fast.! bring big big money.. haha
Hmm.. actually I did went for exss work, and it cost mostly same with jian hang, I would prefer back to jian hang.

I solve my problems already today, used up 380 for a local brand 2" inlet s-flow mid size muffler, and mid section change to a 1.6" inlet 17" long type replica resonator rm360.

Low end was slightly better, but quite a lot different in top end, I din`t have losses after change out my 1.7" straight flow.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Yup, like bro. peeche mentioned google and research. Check into forums too, but don't do first then ask is too late.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Don't get me wrong. Spending 2k is a lot to me. What I mean is to mod and spend a certain amount I would want so results. I did NA mod many years ago and on forced induction already for 13 years. In fact many new cars are going FI too.....
I understand what u mean, I just wanted to remain NA for this car atm.

I know spending that amount on na sounds stupid, most people would recommended to go for force induction since I`m willing to pay that much.

But I`m really not that interesting to goes for a force induction atm.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

I had fix my problems today, I had change my mid section into a 1.6" inlet 17" long type resonator, I got immediately improve on pick up on low end, even just slightly. Din`t try on top end.

And after change the mid section, I had change my rear muffler into a 2" mid size s-flow, more or less same low end, but having quite good top end, I got improve after 120, I`m not sure either the mid or rear section, but I have gain.

Oh, and I had install a alternator booster(friend diy) which work quite well too. Its only cost rm150 but its the same with a cari furom monster123 seller rm400 one. Got immediately improve on pick up and cooler air con after that, my stock speaker also got better quality, and brighter headlamp too.

And I fix the hotbits bumpy suspension, I did went back for 2nd time, and they change the setting of suspension. Its getting soft but still remain bumpy, after that my god father calculate it and made a custom order the spring from his friend factory. It fixed the bumpy, slightly soft compare to before, but still remain stable.

Soon or later I will went for tuning house for adjustable cam pulley and lighten crank pulley,enlarge piston and manifold.:proud:

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

BOT also cannot go all out mah! Any mod must be within the engine limits too. Mine was transplant, and even that I kept as standard transplant and not force it some more.
My friend did and blew two engines in the process.....:banghead:
I did not have any idea with force induction, I just worried about bot does`t suitable for daily driving.
Turbo got delay, and worry about the uncomfortable. And I also heard bot and supercharger not easy to maintain also.

But I heard bot could be set back something like early boost with low rpm, and they said they could custom something in gear box to make sure it won`t be break so easily.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I did not have any idea with force induction, I just worried about bot does`t suitable for daily driving.
Turbo got delay, and worry about the uncomfortable. And I also heard bot and supercharger not easy to maintain also.

But I heard bot could be set back something like early boost with low rpm, and they said they could custom something in gear box to make sure it won`t be break so easily.
Since already spent so much and you have got the problem fixed enjoy the ride first. BOT of NA engine may not be a good idea as the NA engine not meant to be forced, therefore may be more expensive to maintain. However in future if you can find a turbo engine that can be transplanted into your ride then go ahead....:driver:

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Hmm.. actually I did went for exss work, and it cost mostly same with jian hang, I would prefer back to jian hang.

I solve my problems already today, used up 380 for a local brand 2" inlet s-flow mid size muffler, and mid section change to a 1.6" inlet 17" long type replica resonator rm360.

Low end was slightly better, but quite a lot different in top end, I din`t have losses after change out my 1.7" straight flow.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I understand what u mean, I just wanted to remain NA for this car atm.

I know spending that amount on na sounds stupid, most people would recommended to go for force induction since I`m willing to pay that much.

But I`m really not that interesting to goes for a force induction atm.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

I had fix my problems today, I had change my mid section into a 1.6" inlet 17" long type resonator, I got immediately improve on pick up on low end, even just slightly. Din`t try on top end.

And after change the mid section, I had change my rear muffler into a 2" mid size s-flow, more or less same low end, but having quite good top end, I got improve after 120, I`m not sure either the mid or rear section, but I have gain.

Oh, and I had install a alternator booster(friend diy) which work quite well too. Its only cost rm150 but its the same with a cari furom monster123 seller rm400 one. Got immediately improve on pick up and cooler air con after that, my stock speaker also got better quality, and brighter headlamp too.

And I fix the hotbits bumpy suspension, I did went back for 2nd time, and they change the setting of suspension. Its getting soft but still remain bumpy, after that my god father calculate it and made a custom order the spring from his friend factory. It fixed the bumpy, slightly soft compare to before, but still remain stable.

Soon or later I will went for tuning house for adjustable cam pulley and lighten crank pulley,enlarge piston and manifold.:proud:

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Well I'm one of the BOT owner here running 0.7 bar for almost 2 years now. The level of boost and at what rpm started boosting can be customized through sizes of the turbo, pipings, intercooler and tuning. Just to share a little on bot application to Na engine, bot will effect much heavier FC compare to running in Na in exchange for the substantial power upgrade in both the torque and hp as the tuning need to be made to run rich as to prolong reliability to the engine itself(in my case more than 100% raise in hp).

As for the custom something to the gb to make sure it won't break so easily, I'm sure they are referring to oil cooler for the gb and it will help to conventional auto box like mine but for cvt gb to what extend the cooler will prolong the reliability of the gb, now that's a million dollar question:biggrin:.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Since already spent so much and you have got the problem fixed enjoy the ride first. BOT of NA engine may not be a good idea as the NA engine not meant to be forced, therefore may be more expensive to maintain. However in future if you can find a turbo engine that can be transplanted into your ride then go ahead....:driver:
Hmm, the hr15de seems like not a good engine to play with bot, maybe I will look for a turbo engine if I really wanted to do bot.:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Yewly, i wonder if this engine can fit in your chassis?
Half Cut Nissan Pulsar N15 SR16VE Neo MT - Mudah Mobile - Buy and Sell in the Malaysia

that engine makes 175hp according to wiki, dont know if its true
Nissan VVL engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that would be worth the money if you spend it on a half cut, and your current engine and gearbox, you can sell it off or keep as spare part :)
I saw that quite long ago, someone tag me in other thread, but I think does`t not fit, almera engine bay quite lack of space, can`t even fit in a cai hose

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

[/B]

Well I'm one of the BOT owner here running 0.7 bar for almost 2 years now. The level of boost and at what rpm started boosting can be customized through sizes of the turbo, pipings, intercooler and tuning. Just to share a little on bot application to Na engine, bot will effect much heavier FC compare to running in Na in exchange for the substantial power upgrade in both the torque and hp as the tuning need to be made to run rich as to prolong reliability to the engine itself(in my case more than 100% raise in hp).

As for the custom something to the gb to make sure it won't break so easily, I'm sure they are referring to oil cooler for the gb and it will help to conventional auto box like mine but for cvt gb to what extend the cooler will prolong the reliability of the gb, now that's a million dollar question:biggrin:.
Hmm, I heard cvt was`t a good gear box to play with.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Looks like the Audi Quattro will be making the leap from prototype to production, following one spotted cruising down the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, California. The car was being escorted by the California Highway Patrol to a photo shoot and was even sporting the design-studio plates.

A reader of Jalopnik.com that happened to cross...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience