.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
hye to all fellow and sifu here...
need advise and opinion from u all..
think want to upgrade Exhaust system..current standard from factory..
just change big tip for good boy look :ciao:

4b10 inspira manual trany..
with stock engine...just change k&n drop in filter..and ecu remap (auto lock,delate cut off, gear tuning to more pick up and top speed)
currently if drive 100kmh with air cond with 4 adult person inside. can get 15 to 16km/l ..

standart inspira piping is 1.8" right?so want to keep this size or use 2"?
since this car so heavy..want to set increase pick up...and keep current top speed..but if can get pick up and top speed much better :biggrin:

i read in the net...forget already where i read..for Exhaust Modification most important side is extractor/header if wrong
bend/size/diameter/cutting blabla can spoil car performance..not just performance...engine also can spoil..
so i want to know..may if have to buy header from highend shop like supercircuit/hotbit/ anything else? or just buy it from normal Exhaust shop like wei yip etc? its same cutting? how about material?stanlesstell got many gred right? 1 more thing i curious is welding job.. we dont know if got small leak or hole...if radiator got leaking even small ..we all know coz got coolant drop..

so any sifu can guide me?..newbie here:itsme:
owh ya my budget around 2k++
Bro, you've got a good budget, you can even get a twin exhaust system with full stainless steel Argon TiG welding finish. But after reading your concerns, the most important thing is that what do you want to achieve from this exhaust mod?

zack.my

Jul 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, you've got a good budget, you can even get a twin exhaust system with full stainless steel Argon TiG welding finish. But after reading your concerns, the most important thing is that what do you want to achieve from this exhaust mod?
Top speed of coz..little bit pick up improve..
Sound dont mind..but not to loud

Pm me if price u offer..bro kweng

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Since you have good budget there, i suggest look for a good workmanship and had it custom. From header > whole system > <end muffler pick your own>.

As for pipe inlet diameter, it depends on your displacement. 1.8L best go for 2.5inch, 2.0L somewhere between 2.5inch-3.0inch. Maintain the mid section with a 15inch long bullet, as for end muffler depends on yourself of s-flow or straight.

There are lot's of good shop out there, don't go to Wei Yip/Kaki exhaust.

1. Exss Work, Danau Kota
2. GT Exhaust, Puchong near Ioi Tesco
3. Ijal Exhaust, Batu Caves
4. KW Exhaust, Kampung Subang

Personally i have seen works of GT Exhaust and KW Exhaust, their custom job is magnificient. When you see an exhaust shop doing piping for a serious track car, you'll know they have certain level of workmanship. Some of them has fanpage on fb you might look up.
Thanks a lot bro ken for yr suggestion...
Will go there tomoro..
Most important thing welding job..
No point if got good material ...good bent.. But welding job
So demmit..:banghead:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys any idea if the exhaust shops r selling separate cat-con? I would like to change my extractor but at the same time I want to remain a cat-con to preserve the earth and cause less cancer to others or myself.

I'm driving a myvi 1.5 mt. I guess 421 would be good huh

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Bro kweng84, proton Wira 1.5(A) 4-2-1 or 4-1 extractor best . I like torque power fr 3 - 5k rpm. By the way exhaust already de-cat using ori muffler.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys any idea if the exhaust shops r selling separate cat-con? I would like to change my extractor but at the same time I want to remain a cat-con to preserve the earth and cause less cancer to others or myself.

Want power take cat out or use the expensive racing type cat. If not, then leave it original.....:biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Want power take cat out or use the expensive racing type cat. If not, then leave it original.....:biggrin:
Haha cannot la..must be a responsible earthling lol

My cat con is located just after the outlet of the engine and I believe improvement can be achieve if the cat con is relocated further downstream after the flow has travelled some distance...high flow cat con costs more than the whole exhaust system man

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My cat con is located just after the outlet of the engine and I believe improvement can be achieve if the cat con is relocated further downstream after the flow has travelled some distance...high flow cat con costs more than the whole exhaust system man
Yup, high flow ones are really expensive. In that case, try mod the cat further down the pipe, but your original quite big or can source smaller one and mod. Exhaust shop should have as many will take the cat out.
However cat con also have life span, and some also will get stuck with carbon deposit.....

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com

Bro,
It's pointless to change header without decat. But boleh try lah, can use other cars (with flange ready) catcon. 421 with longer secondary pipes is recommended.

Bro kweng84, proton Wira 1.5(A) 4-2-1 or 4-1 extractor best . I like torque power fr 3 - 5k rpm. By the way exhaust already de-cat using ori muffler.
Bro, 421 ext is recommended. But culprit to pull back ur high end would be your ori muffler, do consider to change that one shot.

*thumbs up*

Yup, high flow ones are really expensive. In that case, try mod the cat further down the pipe, but your original quite big or can source smaller one and mod. Exhaust shop should have as many will take the cat out.
However cat con also have life span, and some also will get stuck with carbon deposit.....
Agreed. Catcon average lifespan bout 80k KM before malfunction. But along the way, it increases the exhaust flow restriction.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ya normally it would be within 5 years then cat con kapult. Like my wira, got smell already

Bro,
It's pointless to change header without decat. But boleh try lah, can use other cars (with flange ready) catcon. 421 with longer secondary pipes is recommended.
Dont want to destroy mother earth mah haha...im thinking of changing the extractor only and leave the piping and muffler as they are. Aluminized steel + thermal wrap.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I second this ahha.

Known Member
Apr 2, 2012
Nilai
Since you have good budget there, i suggest look for a good workmanship and had it custom. From header > whole system > <end muffler pick your own>.

As for pipe inlet diameter, it depends on your displacement. 1.8L best go for 2.5inch, 2.0L somewhere between 2.5inch-3.0inch. Maintain the mid section with a 15inch long bullet, as for end muffler depends on yourself of s-flow or straight.

There are lot's of good shop out there, don't go to Wei Yip/Kaki exhaust.

1. Exss Work, Danau Kota
2. GT Exhaust, Puchong near Ioi Tesco
3. Ijal Exhaust, Batu Caves
4. KW Exhaust, Kampung Subang

Personally i have seen works of GT Exhaust and KW Exhaust, their custom job is magnificient. When you see an exhaust shop doing piping for a serious track car, you'll know they have certain level of workmanship. Some of them has fanpage on fb you might look up.
Hi Ken,
I thought KW exhaust located at Subang Jaya?

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Sifus,

Im a newbie when it comes to mod. I would like to know, what is best for my Peugeot 408T? Im looking at Hp and Torque improvements. And i dont want it to be too loud or very loud. I like a deep "burble" bass sound xD

All your detail explanation and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning around 5-6 ....2 wajas ...kena break in...housing area....
one waja lost his smart tag,,which baru top up rm 500 bucks.....another waja..only break mirror..coz owner saw and shouted...

got 2 theif..driving white colour wira....with loud exhaust..damn those idiots...and they already marked my family cars (my neighbour saw them taking flash light and pointing in the car., negihbour shouted...then they ran..but couldnt get number plate)....coz both car park outside.....damn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience