EvoX engine oil

yonez

Jun 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

Currently I'm using motul300v competition. Any other brand that you guys use for your evoX?
I'm not tracking my car and lenjan sekali sekala :).

Thanks.

Last edited:

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
Thats a good brand.
If you can afford it, no need to change.

jh wong

Feb 12, 2011
Johor Bahru
I am using Liqui Moly 10w-60 on my evo 9. Not cheap too but defintely cheaper than Motul 300v.

Also came across another German lubricant company: ROWE, also has a 10w -60 racing oil. Anyone tried?

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Gonna do full service right before TimeToAttack Sepang.

Thinking of trying Motul 300v this time...

phobian

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Since day 1 of owning the X, was using Torque NM's 15-50W. Was charged at RM85 per liter. Have not tried using other engine oil, so I am not able to give inputs regarding to comparison to other engine oil.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
now testing another oil instead of Motul 300V.. hitting TTA this Saturday to fully test it out.

Nanodrive - Low Friction Technology | Millers Oils
Using Millers 10-50W with nanodrive

enging idling seems quieter
logging my daily drive shows lesser knocks (surprisingly), better engine response and smoother acceleration.

also.. SST oil.. using Motul DCTF ... just did full service (2nd time thisnyear )

deVilz Inc

Known Member
Dec 15, 2003
Carjunk
Hi John,

Mind sharing where you got the Millers Nanodrive from? I've used Millers a couple of times before and I find it's the only oil where I did not have to top up throughout my service interval. Didnt have the same luck with Torco or Motul irrespective of viscosity used.

Unfortunately the shop where I used to buy this oil stop carrying this brand a few of years back. As such would appreciate if you could let me know where you got yours from. Thanks.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
Hi John,

care to eloborate more on SST oil..

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Hi John,

Mind sharing where you got the Millers Nanodrive from? I've used Millers a couple of times before and I find it's the only oil where I did not have to top up throughout my service interval. Didnt have the same luck with Torco or Motul irrespective of viscosity used.

Unfortunately the shop where I used to buy this oil stop carrying this brand a few of years back. As such would appreciate if you could let me know where you got yours from. Thanks.
I got them from Oil Guru. They also distribute Torco, Q8 along with Millers
Oil Guru
8,Jalan Gangsa SD 5/3E, Sri Damansara, , 52200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
http://www.oilguru.com.my

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Hi John,

care to eloborate more on SST oil..
After hitting the track... and daily driving it for nearly 1000km...
The Motul DCTF seems to be working fine or better than standard diaqueens...

Temperature seems to be very very stable and it doesn't show signs of degrading even in hot temps.

Best of all, its half the price of Mitsubishi DiaQueen SSTF

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
Thank JL,

No more slowdown message at the track? u still using stock cooler?
where did you get it?

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Did not get any slow down message despite maintaining high revs at the track and shifting above 6000 rpm (which usually we tend to keep it at 6000 to not heat up the clutch so much)

Yes, Stock Cooler... Although I did DIY ECU Tune the SST Clutch engagement pressure and SST Slip Limit to allow lesser slip and faster clutch engagement during the track.

I got it from Acanta Autotech.
He brought in a few crates, I think left 6 bottles now.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
That sounds good.
Can you explain more on ecu tune the sst.. do u change it during daily drive? Oru just tune it once for both track n road duties..
Im interested in that tuning..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i got a kancil 660 with power window in front. the problem is the switch is located at the right of the cd player which are not convenience for me and the passenger to press it...
i tried to add another switch but fail, the fuse will be cut when i press any of the switch that connect together, so any electronic expert can tell me how i can add 1 more switch at the 2 front door ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience