EVO 9 fuel consumption

ilario

Known Member
Oct 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
to all sifus,

1st of all, my car only done minor upgrading such as exhaust system, intake manifold, and using ECU ralliart .
here the situation:

1) been use E9 almost 1year and never pump 95 only 97. my fc is about MYR 50/90km:banghead:
2) last night i decided to pump 95:thefinger:. what is the cons of using 95 on mivec turbo?

please advise me.

Tq:driver:

ilario

Known Member
Oct 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
urban+highway nothing different la bro....so thirsty kan? and thats y last night cannot tahan anymore + (no extra money anymore)..hahhaa...

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
It's the ECU. Japanese ECU are always running rich. Swap back your Ori ECU and you will get better FC. Normal driving E9 can get 300+km easy on one tank full of Ron97. Mivec helps a lot in FC.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wow, 50rm of Ron 97 only gets you 90km?? That's like only 5km/Ltr or less, damn thirsty indeed by any std!

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
Hi all,
maybe a quite late to discuss, but for info sharing;

I never used ron95 to my e9...only ron 97 or Shell Vpower(Blue)....no issue on the fuel consumption....Most probably you r not done the tuning properly. There is so many thing that contibute to the fuel consumption;
I can easyly travel KL-ipoh with rm60 per trip, with 180km/h...so it is very cheap lor. I used to have satria last time, travel KL-Ipoh, also need to put rm60/ trip....with 2.5hour time.but e9 only 1.5 hour....hehehheheh..
so better to have a right fuel setting.

I used to service at AE-glenmarie...got one guy to setting oso..
can re-flash + tune ur engine...
maybe can try..

for me e9 is better consumption if you hv the right tuning.
Please don compare with kancil or kelisa fuel..this is totally difference story...
But i alway travel KL-ipoh...so fuel still the same i use for satria...ahahahhahh..

but please maintain the rutin maintenance...change oil filter/ minyak itam/ ays/ etc
also your tyre pressure....
no more car that better than evo9 broooo.........
see yaaaa.......... hahhah

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
yea i think ecu problem.coz setting not tele with the engine parts.i got experience.which is my car e6 with mines ecu.fuel consumption very very high.change to std ecu ok lor =). now my new evo fc also not bad.can reach 300km with full tank.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
rm120 ron97 for 250km -300km should be norm..unless u pedal to the metal.

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
i think u stuck in the jam or you sitting in the car with the engine running....mine have this problem as well

if i drive around downtown without many jam will get 1st light warning at 338km
if i stuck in the jam always my 1st light will be around 270km

jsop444

Jun 8, 2013
alberta
It's the ECU. Japanese ECU are always running rich. Swap back your Ori ECU and you will get better FC. Normal driving E9 can get 300+km easy on one tank full of Ron97. Mivec helps a lot in FC.
No doubt that is ECU of Japanese are too much rich Japanese are deserve for the rich because they are really hard working in the field of vehicles..That good capacity of the E9 that too much mile is covered in full tank.

Vet Scales

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even that is still <7km/ltr!
My old skool doing just that also.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

If want good FC, better not drive Evo9 turbo....Go for those new Polo Gti....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I have some problem, after some investigations:

- usually when temperature passes half, radiator fan will on and once the temp is slightly below half, it stops
- problem is, sometimes even after half, the fan is still not moving causing the temperature raised high (almost red bar)
- i thought the fan broken, tried to knock the motor (suggestion from a friend), still not working
- but, when I turn the AC on, both fans (radiator & AC) are on now. Meaning, my radiator fan is working! It...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience