evo 9 fuel consumption

Nally

Aug 31, 2007
hi to all bro out there, my friend bought evo 9 with minor modification but this evo 9 fuel consumption is really bad. he want to reflash that ecu but some mechanic told him that reflash will only make minimum changes for fuel consumption. can all bro out there give some opinion about this car.reflash or change to stand alone ecu?

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
hi to all bro out there, my friend bought evo 9 with minor modification but this evo 9 fuel consumption is really bad. he want to reflash that ecu but some mechanic told him that reflash will only make minimum changes for fuel consumption. can all bro out there give some opinion about this car.reflash or change to stand alone ecu?
Bro, I also own an E9 , and think a some problem, btw what the fuel consumption ?? You fill 97 / 95? For my experience 95 quite bad- only in town( never try long distance) & now I an try 97now!

Which workshop you go for the tuning ??

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
Yea... How bad is bad???
U dun expect an evo wif 2.0 turbo n 4wd to giv fc dat a vios is giving...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Full tank of 95 only get 150km n below for town.
Whoaa that means only about 3-4km/ltr ha?? Did you measure properly?? You don't drive on boost all the time, right?
I thought if you drive below 3k rpm before spooling up the boost, the fuel consumption should still be relatively almost like a 2 ltr normal car.

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Whoaa that means only about 3-4km/ltr ha?? Did you measure properly?? You don't drive on boost all the time, right?
I thought if you drive below 3k rpm before spooling up the boost, the fuel consumption should still be relatively almost like a 2 ltr normal car.
This consumption with 60-70% boost ! With ron95

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Whehe, the boost is so addictive apparently! Then probably have to lighten up your right foot bro and stay below 3K rpm.
Bro, you are right, but I just got my monter recently, that why hard control my right foot.
But, I think need to go for dyno it and need consults from pro workshop for current setting . Any suggestion ?

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
hi guys..im newbie here...my Evo can go up to 3xx per full tank with toyol inside..went kuantan recently...check back your tuning etc..evo cosumption is better than subaru...:p

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
my carcan go around 330 1st warning low fuel light , no highway always in town n short distance, with 1.5bar running all time

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW released its first "unveiling" video of the upcoming 1-series M Coupe. It was earlier reported that the new M will be unveiled in December prior to its unveiling at the Detroit Auto Show in January, but considering the frequency of all the teaser video's, an unveiling in Paris at the end of September seems likely.

BMW first released a clip of the 1-Series M Coupe driving around the Ascari race...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience